Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New member, Buffalo NY

jsbwjm

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-V Blackwing (ordered)
Just placed my order for a ‘23 6MT 4BW after waiting a long time for a build spot to open up. Beyond excited! Scheduled to be built within a month hopefully.

I messed up and didn’t realize I wanted painted calipers. Order was placed Wednesday. Salesman says it’s too late… Is this true?

Once you reach status 3000 you can not make any changes to the order

Is there a way to find out the status? My salesperson says he won’t know anything until it’s built

I did receive an order number at least

Ask your salesperson to check with the sales manager. They can certainly check the status of a order. To get a list of the order codes, search Google for "GM order codes". A competent sales person should notify you every time there is a change in the order code. Sometimes a customer has to remind a salesperson from whom the money is coming. They are working for you.

Where did you order the car out of curiosity? I'm in Hamburg and my order was accepted August 6th. I was told the car would be built early the following week. We'll that didn't happen.

Where did you order the car out of curiosity? I'm in Hamburg and my order was accepted August 6th. I was told the car would be built early the following week. We'll that didn't happen.
Sorry, just saw this. I’m in Amherst and ordered at Cappellino. My TPW is Oct 10th. Trying not to hold my breath though

Sorry, just saw this. I’m in Amherst and ordered at Cappellino. My TPW is Oct 10th. Trying not to hold my breath though
Well you're headed in the right direction anyway! Hope they don't keep us waiting forever!

To follow up, turns out I was at 3000 that week. I got lucky with some help from the sales manager and got the order changed despite its status

Yeah I was hoping to drive it before the snow starts flying and the salt starts shaking

Any progress with you?
My car was built a couple of weeks ago. My status is at 4D00. I'm also hoping to get the car before the roads get salted. I was originally planning to drive it year round as my daily driver as I already have two other vehicles that I put away in the winter. I've since changed my mind and picked up a Ford Ranger to use in winter. 😂

Yeah I was hoping to drive it before the snow starts flying and the salt starts shaking

Any progress with you?
Well I see your car has been built. Mine was built September 14 and I'm still waiting. Hell! You'll probably get yours before I get mine at this rate. So much for getting them before winter!

It’s crazy! I’ve been meaning to check in with you. That’s too bad. If we switch our expectations to springtime, MAYBE we won’t be disappointed

My car was built in October and hasn’t budged since. My local friend here in Amherst, Cadillactx, just had his built last week. He’ll probably beat us both!

Btw, how did you get your VIN? Any easy way to do that?
Bill

(Butting in). Your sale’s representative should be able to get the VIN once it has been generated. The delay in shipping is often caused by waiting for a truck/train load headed in the same direction. A good sales representative is a valuable asset. Mine (Tatum at Sewell- Dallas) did an excellent job of keeping me informed from placing the order to delivery. Having a friendly, professional relationship with your sales representative is worth the effort.

(Butting in). Your sale’s representative should be able to get the VIN once it has been generated. The delay in shipping is often caused by waiting for a truck/train load headed in the same direction. A good sales representative is a valuable asset. Mine (Tatum at Sewell- Dallas) did an excellent job of keeping me informed from placing the order to delivery. Having a friendly, professional relationship with your sales representative is worth the effort.
Much appreciated, I agree. However, my sale’s rep is not interested in any such thing. If BW’s were easily attainable, I would’ve went with someone else early on. After waiting eight months for the allocation, I obviously wasn’t keen on starting over.

Hey Bill, yes I was able to obtain the VIN from salesman. He was at least good for that much. 😂
Jerry

If your sales representative is not interested in helping you, contact the sales manager, his/her boss. Explain the situation. When you spend that much money, you deserve good service. If the manager doesn’t help, contact the dealership owner. I grew up in the Deep South. Sometimes you have to hit the mule with a 2x4 to get its attention.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back