Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New Member - 04 CTS-V

Carl_Jones

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2004 Cadillac CTS-V
Good morning!
New to forum and just wanted a place that I could search the threads and get some feedback if necessary. Just picked up an 04 CTS-V from a Mecum auction in Kissimmee and would like to get more familiar with the car.
It has meticulous service records but it looks like I might need to do some more preventative maintenance such as motor mounts (which from a quick glance underneath and the "diesel" effect when turning the car on and off seem to be either already shot or almost completely gone) and possibly search for a coolant leak somewhere as the nav system recently indicated for me to check it a couple times (apparently there's a couple spots on this car that crack or leak such as at the radiator).
Not sure what to do about the leak quite yet because I haven't been able to spot one from a cursory glance under the hood but I think I'm going to go with Creative Steel's Elimivibe mounts. Looks like a bit of a adventure to get them in but we'll see.
Glad to be here!

Attachments

• CTS-V.jpg
    CTS-V.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
Good morning!
New to forum and just wanted a place that I could search the threads and get some feedback if necessary. Just picked up an 04 CTS-V from a Mecum auction in Kissimmee and would like to get more familiar with the car.
It has meticulous service records but it looks like I might need to do some more preventative maintenance such as motor mounts (which from a quick glance underneath and the "diesel" effect when turning the car on and off seem to be either already shot or almost completely gone) and possibly search for a coolant leak somewhere as the nav system recently indicated for me to check it a couple times (apparently there's a couple spots on this car that crack or leak such as at the radiator).
Not sure what to do about the leak quite yet because I haven't been able to spot one from a cursory glance under the hood but I think I'm going to go with Creative Steel's Elimivibe mounts. Looks like a bit of a adventure to get them in but we'll see.
Glad to be here!
Congrats and welcome. I guess you did not make televised portion of auction. Great car and good luck. Hope you got it for a good price. Do you get to hear them run prior to auction? Was this something you bought spontaneously or where you looking for one. If you don't mind my asking, what does Mecum charge you as a buyer? Enjoy the car and your stay here.😎👍

Congrats and welcome. I guess you did not make televised portion of auction. Great car and good luck. Hope you got it for a good price. Do you get to hear them run prior to auction? Was this something you bought spontaneously or where you looking for one. If you don't mind my asking, what does Mecum charge you as a buyer? Enjoy the car and your stay here.😎👍
I unfortunately did not get televised. I was super bummed about because I wanted to show my friends and my wife how exciting it was, haha. It was the last day of the auction and I think Motortrend wrapped up their coverage the day before - which is weird because there were still a bunch of cool cars left for sale on Sunday. I did get to see it before the auction, however, I did not get to hear it run. I was able to look under the car a little bit for corrosion or rust and under the hood, in the interior, etc. I was also able to to speak to the seller who happened to be next to it at the time as well which is not often the case. Mecum charges a hefty 10% for the buyer and 6 - 10% for the seller depending on if the car is listed with or without reserve. So on many multi-million dollar cars that go up for sale, Mecum is making hundreds of thousands of dollars. Still, it was an experience that neither me or my two boys who were with me won't forget anytime soon.
I was looking for something practical so I could cart my kids around that also had a decent amount of power and the CTS-V seemed to fit the bill. I got it for what I think is a fair price, although the Mecum tax definitely made the pill a bit harder to swallow.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back