Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Help! New guy in TX with a ?

Need help topic

Majin

Hey everyone,

Stopped by the local dealer today and placed an order for a 2023 CT4 V Blackwing and was curious how long before you received an order # or confirmation that the order was accepted? I tried searching but wasn't able to find anything. I'm extremely excited and hopefully the wait doesn't kill me.

Thanks!

...I tried searching but wasn't able to find anything. I'm extremely excited and hopefully the wait doesn't kill me.

Welcome to the club... looks like you'll fit in here just fine... you know just as much as the rest of us😈🤣

simpsons8ball-deez-nuts.gif

Welcome. You should receive an order # with an order summary as soon as the dealer builds the order in GM's Order Workbench system. The order will sit at status 1100 until the dealer receives allocation for a Blackwing and pairs your order with an allocation spot

Welcome. If you have a good sales person, he/she should keep you informed as to the progress of your order. If they don’t volunteer, ask. They are working for you.

What I did and recommend is making an in-person monthly visit to meet with your sales person. Get to know the sales manager as well. Build a relationship and keep yourself fresh in their minds. They are very busy and texting and phone calls is not going to cut it. There are a lot of hungry wolves circling your goat. This is no ordinary competition and you want to win!

Thanks for all the help. I will definitely stay in close contact with the dealership!

Thanks for all the help. I will definitely stay in close contact with the dealership!
Has this dealer received allocations in the past? I made the mistake of placing an order with a small place that didn't come through for me. So, it's always good to know the volume this place has produced., IMO .

Best of luck

After about one month of reading posts everyday I began to learn the right questions to ask my sales guy. I would go visit him once a month and prod him for info. My sales guy had only been on the job 3 weeks when I placed my order and I knew more about the order process than he did. After some time he learned the ropes.

Has this dealer received allocations in the past? I made the mistake of placing an order with a small place that didn't come through for me. So, it's always good to know the volume this place has produced., IMO .

Best of luck
They assured me that they had some allocation spots open and were very "choosey" on using them. They have multiple sister dealership with more spots but this one was closer to my house so I went with this one. Fingers crossed it gets placed and accepted. I was going to wait a week before reaching out to them and see what kind of progress has been made.

They assured me that they had some allocation spots open and were very "choosey" on using them. They have multiple sister dealership with more spots but this one was closer to my house so I went with this one. Fingers crossed it gets placed and accepted. I was going to wait a week before reaching out to them and see what kind of progress has been made.
I'm not sure how "choosey" they can be... because as far as I know regarding allocations->it's use them (or should I say "choose" them) or lose them.

Basically with cars in demand such as these, if they don't use their allocation(s) that week then they are given to another dealer... and the best way to get further allocations is to show that you are using the ones you got in the first place.

Unless things have changed... your dealer sounds clueless at best or shady at worst. (Hope I'm wrong)

I'm not sure how "choosey" they can be... because as far as I know regarding allocations->it's use them (or should I say "choose" them) or lose them.

Basically with cars in demand such as these, if they don't use their allocation(s) that week then they are given to another dealer... and the best way to get further allocations is to show that you are using the ones you got in the first place.

Unless things have changed... your dealer sounds clueless at best or shady at worst. (Hope I'm wrong)
I read that as going to the highest bidder. 🤷‍♂️

I read that as they are giving them to people they have connections with, either way shady.

Hmmm, does appear to be sketchy. Got to use them or lose them

I have said this before, but for the benefit of new members, find a dealer who does not charge over MSRP. I do not work for Sewell of Dallas, but they do not charge over MSRP and their customer service is outstanding. No need to send extra money if you don’t have to.

I received my order number and reached out to Rob to get it added to the tracker. Thanks again for all the tips and info!

I received my order number and reached out to Rob to get it added to the tracker. Thanks again for all the tips and info!
Welcome, good luck and keep the faith. As you will find commonly said here is it's worth the wait

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back