Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

My VIN is 460001... ?

Tabman

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4 Blackwing
I have been struggling to ask this... but this is the best group to bring these questions to:

1. Is the VIN of the first CT4/5 BW that got auctioned 0000?
2. Do you drive the first one off the line?

Seriously, going back and forth about this is driving me nuts. I need help.

If it helps in your response - I'm not Leno; just a middle class guy who, through the grace of God, could afford one of these dream cars.

Thank you.

If you have 46-001 (manual transmission) then the auction car must be 41-001 (automatic transmission). There are 4 # 1 production cars between the 4 & 5 and manual & automatic transmissions.

Last edited:
I have been struggling to ask this... but this is the best group to bring these questions to:

1. Is the VIN of the first CT4/5 BW that got auctioned 0000?
2. Do you drive the first one off the line?

Seriously, going back and forth about this is driving me nuts. I need help.

If it helps in your response - I'm not Leno; just a middle class guy who, through the grace of God, could afford one of these dream cars.

Thank you.
It sounds like you got lucky , vin # 1 and no premium to pay , who knows the buyer of the other one might want a set .

Very cool. Did we ever determine if getting your info in very fast made a difference on the assigned VIN or was it just random or possibly based on first order in? I got my info in fast and had the congrats email in the inbox within 3 mins and got vin 63 on the manual 4.

I really think it was luck + how fast your dealer moved to get your order in.

The ones I went through were exceptional. They even called me the day before the Cadillac order spec sheets were "leaked" to the public and told me to review it and get back to them asap about exactly what I wanted.

I received an email from Caddy about it being time to work with your dealer to order, so I called them and they said they we were already good to go.

Admittedly on Feb 1. I was slow on CT4, I had had an issue where the Chrome wheel kept spinning and I had to switch to IE to get it through. I do not think it was how quick you were to the draw on reservation day.

Ok, I had my order in within the first week but not right away then found out during builds my dealer resubmitted my order as another number. They said something was wrong but my original printout was correct with options so I was always skeptical of something shady. It is some great mystery on the VIN assignments then. Separately, this dealer in SC got the 5 manual VIN 002 spec'd out real nice when they bought a dealership in Augusta GA and listed it with a huge ADM. Huge bummer for whoever let that one go but life happens. It also sold within a few days they told me and when I went back in it was no longer there.

I think that it was random / luck. I was late to submit my order because I had to transfer my reservation and I still got #20.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back