Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

My order has "stalled"

Snowwolfe

Seasoned Member
Next week it will be 4 months since putting a deposit on my CT5 Blackwing. Order has not left the dealership. Plain jane auto 10 speed auto car with no carbon fiber options. It is slowly sinking in this car might not be built. Decided if dealer doesn't have an allocation by Jan 4th I'll look for a new toy to keep me happy as my wait continues. Short list includes a Golf R or GTI, V6 Camry, or Mazda Turbo hatchback. None of these local dealers charge ADM so I feel confident the depreciating losses would be small. Have to give another deposit as most of the other cars I want are sold in transit. I think a 4 door hatchback could be fun, especially the R. But they are still a month or two away as well.
Thats all, just venting and updating. I realize many others have orders submitted before me and I can sense your frustration as well.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. I might not be as bothered by it, but my order also went in end of September and is sitting at 1100. About a month ago, I decided to place a 2nd order at an out of town dealer, and I won't be surprised if it gets accepted first. I do want CF1 - I think it really differentiates the look of a Blackwing compared to a regular V model. But I have told both my dealers that if an allocation comes along and requires me to drop CF1, I would do it.

For me, what is most special about all these offerings is a 6MT LT4. That is my primary focus. I was offered a loaded Black auto CT4-V about 6 weeks ago at my local dealer and passed. MSRP sale, same as my order. Sitting on the showroom floor, the buyer who ordered it backed out after it arrived. But I don't want the automatic, and for me it is all about the V8.

I have had fleeting thoughts about what else I could buy for the same 100k. Nothing screams to me. I love that this is Cadillac, American, and does not have the exotic looks of a Corvette or Porsche or the like. Those cars are not my style. I have the cash set aside for my order if it ever comes to be. If not, I'll get over it, and likely not buy an alternate.

Positive thoughts for your order to get accepted :)

I think a 4 door hatchback could be fun, especially the R. But they are still a month or two away as well.
Thats all, just venting and updating. I realize many others have orders submitted before me and I can sense your frustration as well.
Have you checked with your local dealers to see if they have any R's coming? They're not suppose to start shipping until mid Feb and even then it'll be a lot of custom orders. If I were to take a guess, I'd say mid March to early April is when you'll be able to get a R without ordering one.

You could also just get a 4BW. There are multiple for sale online with some just 2K over MSRP.

Last edited:
Yup, yup, yup. Placed my order end of Aug. I'm in 1100 purgatory. I have CF1, CF2 and carbon seats.

I am (was) excited to get this car. Now that all carbon is officially on constraint, I have no idea when or if it will get built. Like you, I have no desire to buy anything else other than a 4, but I also want the V8. I'm looking at CT6V's, CTSV's, but IDK.

I thought about placing an order at another dealer too (out of state), but no real point with the carbon. My thought is to wait and see what happens after first of the year into Feb. I think we'll then see if the carbon issues clear up.

Have you checked with your local dealers to see if they have any R's coming? They're not suppose to start shipping until mid Feb and even then it'll be a lot of custom orders. If I were to take a guess, I'd say mid March to early April is when you'll be able to get a R without ordering one.

You could also just get a 4BW. There are multiple for sale online with some just 2K over MSRP.
They have a few coming but not until Feb. They tried to push me into giving a deposit but I refused. Told them I will only buy if they get one in stock and BW order is still stalled.

Yup, yup, yup. Placed my order end of Aug. I'm in 1100 purgatory. I have CF1, CF2 and carbon seats.

I am (was) excited to get this car. Now that all carbon is officially on constraint, I have no idea when or if it will get built. Like you, I have no desire to buy anything else other than a 4, but I also want the V8. I'm looking at CT6V's, CTSV's, but IDK.

I thought about placing an order at another dealer too (out of state), but no real point with the carbon. My thought is to wait and see what happens after first of the year into Feb. I think we'll then see if the carbon issues clear up.
Same situation here...placed order end of Aug with CF1, CF2 and carbon backed seats. Due to the constraints it's all up in the air now. I was tempted by an M5 Comp that became available (original buyer cancelled the order) but dealer wanted $5k additional plus massive dealer fees. I really want the manual/LT4 combo, willing to wait it out. I do have a MK7 Golf R manual as a daily which I can enjoy for now :)

Same situation here. I really want the manual/LT4 combo, willing to wait it out.
That's exactly my position as I just sold my GT500 which fueled the fire when I wanted to me ornery. Order was placed in September with a small dealer that did not have a wait list. They do keep me updated and stated they constantly check every Thursday for an allocation.......

Unfortunately, for me, I don't have anything else that stimulates the blood pressure so if it doesn't happen, I'll just have a bunch of cash sitting at the bank. For now, I'll be hanging out in the 1100 quicksand pit... LOL

Dealer asked me to touch base with them next Tuesday for an update. Most likely because allocations come out on Tuesday (from what I been told). I’ve decided to tell dealer if car is not in production by first week of April 22 to pull the plug on my build and refund my deposit.

Dealer asked me to touch base with them next Tuesday for an update. Most likely because allocations come out on Tuesday (from what I been told). I’ve decided to tell dealer if car is not in production by first week of April 22 to pull the plug on my build and refund my deposit.
I wonder how many customers GM will lose because of this

April 22 is a very reasonable amount of time.

Yup, I agree. My thinking is similar. Like I said, I think we will see some answers come Feb regarding all the carbon. I understand we are in weird times, but it seems as if they have chips, but no carbon. I really like the look of the carbon and love those carbon backed seats. If I have to drop things I want to get it built, I might pass (or wait for a 2023). April for me will be 8 months.

Yup, I agree. My thinking is similar. Like I said, I think we will see some answers come Feb regarding all the carbon. I understand we are in weird times, but it seems as if they have chips, but no carbon. I really like the look of the carbon and love those carbon backed seats. If I have to drop things I want to get it built, I might pass (or wait for a 2023). April for me will be 8 months.
They better have enough chips, we just finished 500k of them over the holidays. Working 16 hour days through Christmas just to get them out asap.

Last edited:
They better have enough chips, we just finished 500k of them over the holidays. Working 16 hour days through Christmas just to get them out asap.
THANK YOU !

I wonder how many chips per car they use…

My tpw was 6 weeks ago Lol 11/22

@Drozboyz ....It really makes no sense. Your TPW was 6-7 weeks ago? Yes, we had three holidays in there, plus possible issues at the corvette plant, but why no update for you? No explanation?

I think Don Henley was right..."the more I know, the less I understand".

@Drozboyz ....It really makes no sense. Your TPW was 6-7 weeks ago? Yes, we had three holidays in there, plus possible issues at the corvette plant, but why no update for you? No explanation?

I think Don Henley was right..."the more I know, the less I understand".
No sir… no explanation besides some factory inside contacts… hate to even report this to this site… it boils down to supplier issues which is the way of the world now days…. I think my car is built and being stored awaiting parts…. Hopefully inside storage…. Latest i have heard is wheel well liners….

No sir… no explanation besides some factory inside contacts… hate to even report this to this site… it boils down to supplier issues which is the way of the world now days…. I think my car is built and being stored awaiting parts…. Hopefully inside storage…. Latest i have heard is wheel well liners….
I think you and I may be in the same boat... My car was produced 11/6 and it's stuck in Lansing still. Dealer called GM today again and is supposed to have more information tomorrow for me. Wheel well liners seem to be an odd one to get stuck on - I've seen a number of CT5s produced and delivered since mine, unless the BW has a unique wheel well liner for brake cooling.

I think you and I may be in the same boat... My car was produced 11/6 and it's stuck in Lansing still. Dealer called GM today again and is supposed to have more information tomorrow for me. Wheel well liners seem to be an odd one to get stuck on - I've seen a number of CT5s produced and delivered since mine, unless the BW has a unique wheel well liner for brake cooling.
My car is still at 3400 tpw 11/22 six weeks ago have no f’ng clue anymore Just a bit pissed off at this point

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back