Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Mod recommendations for 2016 ATS-V

dabusjb36

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2016 Cadillac ATS-V
Hello all,

I just purchased a 2016 ATS-V and wanted to know what some of you recommend as far as an exhaust upgrade, or any other mods I can do affordably? This is my first Cadillac and I'm all ears with whatever you guys suggest. Thanks in advance for your thoughts...

Welcome!

Tapout Tuning is the main innovator and leading tuner in this platform, and we have tuned ATS-Vs all over the world. We will be happy to take care of you as well. Feel free to read a few of our real world testimonials to get an idea of how the process works, and the level of customer service we offer.

Testimonials - what our customers say about us - Tapout Tuning

ATS-V Remote Tune - Tapout Tuning

Any time the boost is increased via remote tuning we recommend colder spark plugs with smaller gaps, and that they be installed with plenty of dielectric grease in the coil boot ends. Otherwise, they will carbon track within a few hundred miles once the boost is increased. Use RR12YS or RR12S for your application. RR12S may perform a little better under maximum boost. RR12YS may idle a bit smoother and typically last a little longer.

Brisk Silver Racing Spark Plugs (6 pack) - Tapout Tuning

We also suggest filling and bleeding the intercooler. Here is a convenient kit we designed for this.

Tapout Intercooler Fill/Bleed Kit - Tapout Tuning

Our White Belt Performance Package includes all the above items (Remote Tune, Intercooler Fill/Bleed Kit and Spark Plugs), discounted $100.

465 whp to 500 whpTapout ATS-V White Belt Package - Tapout Tuning

Next best mods after White Belt and the intake would be a cold air intake, ported throttle body and catless downpipes, which takes you to Blue Belt.

500 whp to 550 whp Tapout ATS-V Blue Belt Package - Tapout Tuning

Beyond this you’ll need fuel system modifications in order to safely run E85 fuel. We include everything you need to do it safely and reliably in our Purple Belt package.

590 whp to 640 whp Tapout ATS-V Purple Belt Package - Tapout Tuning

Please let me know if you have any questions. My direct email is ScottC@TapoutTuning.com.

Welcome!

Tapout Tuning is the main innovator and leading tuner in this platform, and we have tuned ATS-Vs all over the world. We will be happy to take care of you as well. Feel free to read a few of our real world testimonials to get an idea of how the process works, and the level of customer service we offer.

Testimonials - what our customers say about us - Tapout Tuning

ATS-V Remote Tune - Tapout Tuning

Any time the boost is increased via remote tuning we recommend colder spark plugs with smaller gaps, and that they be installed with plenty of dielectric grease in the coil boot ends. Otherwise, they will carbon track within a few hundred miles once the boost is increased. Use RR12YS or RR12S for your application. RR12S may perform a little better under maximum boost. RR12YS may idle a bit smoother and typically last a little longer.

Brisk Silver Racing Spark Plugs (6 pack) - Tapout Tuning

We also suggest filling and bleeding the intercooler. Here is a convenient kit we designed for this.

Tapout Intercooler Fill/Bleed Kit - Tapout Tuning

Our White Belt Performance Package includes all the above items (Remote Tune, Intercooler Fill/Bleed Kit and Spark Plugs), discounted $100.

465 whp to 500 whpTapout ATS-V White Belt Package - Tapout Tuning

Next best mods after White Belt and the intake would be a cold air intake, ported throttle body and catless downpipes, which takes you to Blue Belt.

500 whp to 550 whp Tapout ATS-V Blue Belt Package - Tapout Tuning

Beyond this you’ll need fuel system modifications in order to safely run E85 fuel. We include everything you need to do it safely and reliably in our Purple Belt package.

590 whp to 640 whp Tapout ATS-V Purple Belt Package - Tapout Tuning

Please let me know if you have any questions. My direct email is ScottC@TapoutTuning.com.
Does the remote tune require the tcm to be sent in to HP tuners? I just got my ATS-V about a month ago and went with a remote tune from a competitor but not sure how I feel about it.

Does the remote tune require the tcm to be sent in to HP tuners? I just got my ATS-V about a month ago and went with a remote tune from a competitor but not sure how I feel about it.
For 2016 cars, we can tune both the ECM and TCM remotely, with no unlocking service required. For 2017 and later, you have three options. First, we can tune only the ECM remotely and leave the TCM stock. This is what most people do initially. Later, if they decide they want/need to have the TCM unlocked, they can purchase a new, unlocked TCM, or send their original one in for the unlocking service.

For 2016 cars, we can tune both the ECM and TCM remotely, with no unlocking service required. For 2017 and later, you have three options. First, we can tune only the ECM remotely and leave the TCM stock. This is what most people do initially. Later, if they decide they want/need to have the TCM unlocked, they can purchase a new, unlocked TCM, or send their original one in for the unlocking service.
Ahh that was going to be my next question, purchasing a new, unlocked one. Do you mind if I email you? I'm interested in going with tapout

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back