Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Microfiber Wheel and Shifter

sleepys4

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 V Blackwing
Hello All đź‘‹,
I have searched a bit, and couldn't find anything on the factory microfiber wheel and shifter. I managed to forget checking the boxes when ordering my CT5 BW.

Does anyone know if these can be ordered separately? Any help would be appreciated.

I know the ship has sailed on the carbon buckets smh. If anybody has any info on where I could potentially find those that would be awesome as well.

Jordan

I would assume it's possible, but you might be better off getting them wrapped by a company does just that. I'm in the same boat, I ordered them but my dealer forgot to put it on the order, same with the suede headliner and door trim.. I think I'm hosed on those.

Unless you love it I'd say you got lucky and dodged a bullet. I hate the feel of the suede on the steering wheel and it gets gross over the years. Someone will have it aftermarket soon enough though I'm sure.

Unless you love it I'd say you got lucky and dodged a bullet. I hate the feel of the suede on the steering wheel and it gets gross over the years. Someone will have it aftermarket soon enough though I'm sure.
Yeah I regret getting it. Was a PITA to keep clean on my old c63s and ended up making the same mistake twice. Have to go to the restroom and wash my hands with soap and water after the gym every single time because the hand sanitizer mucks up the suede too. Overall not worth it, IMO. The headliner and door trim looks good with it though.

Noted on all of the above! Thanks guys I feel slightly better, Also never knew the trim was an option! That does sound sick. Wont miss that on the C8 Z06 build.

Definitely does not age well. I had the steering wheel replaced under warranty as it matted down on wife's old 330i with Msport trim. I hated it and love my leather wheel.

They are excellent. Wish mine had the alcantara, too bad OP.

Unless you like sitting in the parking lot eating your drive thru wings, they are dead easy to keep clean and in top shape.

X100000

Had it on my GT500 and hated it, would matt up, real PITFA to keep clean and in the summer, I found my hands slipping off the wheel when drifting which wasn't cool.

They only take a few extra minutes to clean and I love that it never gets too hot to touch. A big bonus in Florida.

While we’re in the subject can y’all share cleaning tips?

A lot of people said to use the sonax cleaner. Does wonders. Also don’t eat greasy foods or Cheetos while driving

There are plenty of YouTube videos out there. Watching a few of them made me glad I have leather.

While we’re in the subject can y’all share cleaning tips?
It’s very easy to maintain, no clue what 2/3 of the responses here are talking about. My Camaro wheel took 62k miles and 32 track days of abuse and looked nearly new when I sold it to the new owner. Sonax is your best friend… I followed the obsessed garage method of steam followed by sonax and a soft brush couple times a month. I even sanded that wheel and shifter once and couldn’t believe how good the results were (only can sand a few times so don’t jump right to that lol).

This was my process minus the sanding when I did an average interior detail.

Sadly my car did not come with a suede wheel or shifter so I’ll be ordering OEM replacements here over the winter.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back