Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Maybe, stupid question

Tall Steve

Head Goat Herder
Ok, I have a question about break in miles on a CT4-V BW auto trans....Will it limit the RPM on the dash, and how will that work exactly? I mean, if I stab it will it shift at "break in" rpm or will my right foot dictate that??? I hope my question makes sense and is not stupid....

rdollie

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2017 CTS-V; 2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Not a dumb question. The computer will handle it and limit you, no worries.

CT4-V Blackwing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Ok, I have a question about break in miles on a CT4-V BW auto trans....Will it limit the RPM on the dash, and how will that work exactly? I mean, if I stab it will it shift at "break in" rpm or will my right foot dictate that??? I hope my question makes sense and is not stupid....
From what little time that I've had behind the wheel, I'm under the impression that the RPM limits under 500 miles are just visual and that you still have full control.

rdollie

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2017 CTS-V; 2022 CT5-V Blackwing
From what little time that I've had behind the wheel, I'm under the impression that the RPM limits under 500 miles are just visual and that you still have full control.
That WOULD explain why I thought there was more area under the curve up to 4k RPM before breakin vs after if the display is false.

LS7Solstice

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5 Blackwing
Mirza had commented in one of the threads on here that the vehicle is NOT limited in terms of RPM and speed in case you get in to a nasty situation and need to utilize all of the bald eagles. The RPM limit is more of a visual guide.

PMD CT4

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
ATS-V, CT4-V Blackwing
Is there a rev limiter after 500 miles...... You know, like taking the bitch to 7K???
Fuel would cut-off(not sure of the RPMs) on my ATS V when the paddles wouldn't upshift it fast enough. Always a fun time....🤣 I'm assuming it's the same for the CT4 BW.

Tall Steve

Head Goat Herder
Fuel would cut-off(not sure of the RPMs) on my ATS V when the paddles wouldn't upshift it fast enough. Always a fun time....🤣 I'm assuming it's the same for the CT4 BW.
Ok, that's what I'm getting at....Not so worried about my 4BW because my wife will be driving it 90% of the time but I'm worried I will "forget" to shift my 5 and blow the damn thing up....

DustinEarnhardt

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Ohhhhhh... I didn't understand your question.

Yeah, I can't imagine Cadillac would release a car that could grenade itself so easily. I'm sure there's got to be some sort of limiter just north of redline, but I have no idea what it is. Haven't quite explored that area of the rev range yet.

Tall Steve

Head Goat Herder
Ohhhhhh... I didn't understand your question.

Yeah, I can't imagine Cadillac would release a car that could grenade itself so easily. I'm sure there's got to be some sort of limiter just north of redline, but I have no idea what it is. Haven't quite explored that area of the rev range yet.
I may or may not have....

Slick Blackwing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 V Blackwing
It’s not RPM to be considered but TIMING !
Thats what really hurts motors, i would say that they are controlling timing.

Mirza Grebovic

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
6500 is redline, 6600 is fuel cut off on LT4. You will not blow it up, it will just bang against fuel cut and not go past. If you downshift into wrong gear well yeah... start praying. LF4 is 6400 redline 6500 fuel cut off. We moved redline visually 100rpm down from ats-v to help with not hitting fuel cut. You have to practice a bit on both cars and pay attention to shift lights,

Tall Steve

Head Goat Herder
6500 is redline, 6600 is fuel cut off on LT4. You will not blow it up, it will just bang against fuel cut and not go past. If you downshift into wrong gear well yeah... start praying. LF4 is 6400 redline 6500 fuel cut off. We moved redline visually 100rpm down from ats-v to help with not hitting fuel cut. You have to practice a bit on both cars and pay attention to shift lights,
This is the info I was looking for, thank you sir!

arod221

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V BW Matte Shadow Metallic
Ok, that's what I'm getting at....Not so worried about my 4BW because my wife will be driving it 90% of the time but I'm worried I will "forget" to shift my 5 and blow the damn thing up....
that will not happen...my CTS-V3 would fall flat on its face when I didn't shift it fast enough. fuel cut

Win a CT5-V Blackwing!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Top Bottom