Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!
  • Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!

Complete Details: Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!
  • I know that lately, we've gained a lot of new members which is awesome and a lot of those new members are coming from other forums that may use vBulletin and their Private Message (PM) system. Here, we use the XenForo forum software which is (IMHO) much better than vBulletin. The "Conversation" system here is the same as the PM system on vBulletin. So if you want to PM another member, just click their username in a post, and click on "Start Conversation". To see all of your PMs, click on your profile and go to Inbox. Hope this helps.

Manual transmission

Wing Nut

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2020 CT5-V
Does anyone know if the Tremec TR6060 will be the transmission used on both the CT4v BW and CT5v BW? I believe it was used on the ATSv but can't find any info on the new models. If it is the same, it should be indestructible on the 4. TIA.

Last edited:

CT4-V Blackwing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
If the manual transmission / clutch is anything like that of my ZL1 1LE, and I believe that it is, you all will love it. It’s like butter!

MultiCarGuy

Seasoned Member
I cant speak to the previous caddy transmissions, but the 2019 Shelby GT350 (which I own) has a TR3160 and it is absolutely fantastic. "Its like butter" is a great description! Not sure how the TR6060 compares and/or what model will be in the cars, but I think it is safe to say that since it will be Tremec it will be sweet.

Mirza Grebovic

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
6060 on both, unique on each car. CT4-V Blackwing has the same as ATS-V and the CT5-V Blackwing uses the bigger version 6060 (think zl1) but with custom cut gears for better NVH and increased durability. Both have a new shorter shifter linkage that elevates the feel and compliments the character of the cars.

Ungwei

Seasoned Member
6060 on both, unique on each car. CT4-V Blackwing has the same as ATS-V and the CT5-V Blackwing uses the bigger version 6060 (think zl1) but with custom cut gears for better NVH and increased durability. Both have a new shorter shifter linkage that elevates the feel and compliments the character of the cars.
Cut gears that's awesome!!! Wish the 4BW had that haha, still the 6060 is like one of the most capable MTs in existence so I won't complain!

arod221

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2017 CTS-V Black Carbon
had the same transmission in my ZL1 and was putting down 885 at the wheels on the stock clutch! that transmission is sturdy as all hell!

Win a Cadillac CTS-V!

Cadillac CTS-V Dream Giveaway

Supporting Vendors

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partner Sites

Top Bottom