Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Long time lurker, just received CT5BW allocation looking for help.

Ransom

Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2022
Messages
5
Location
Michigan
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2026 CT5-V Blackwing
Hello all,

I've wanted a BW for a while now and finally decided its now or never. My spec is specific and I'm dead set on it. Typhoon/Natural tan w/carbon buckets, tech bronze wheels w/ bronze calipers, CF1/CF2 and precision package oh and of course manual transmission. I know I'm a little late to the game but after calling dealers like crazy I did find an allocation. The dealer told me they paired an allocation with my order, but they wouldn't know if there were any constraints right away. My salesman could not give me a specific timeframe on when we would find out if the order would be accepted by GM, he said it could take weeks. From my research, I feel like he should be able to give me a better idea on current constraints and timeframe, is that true?

Also I had a different dealer call me back later that same Thursday (6/18) and tell me they had an allocation but CF2 was on constraint, so now Im getting mixed messages.

That being said, I'm not super hopeful on this current allocation fitting my build. In the case that it does, at what point is it safe to start canceling any other orders/deposits i have to hold spots in line at other dealers? I don't want to prematurely jump out of line and then find out later that my car gets kicked back by GM. I feel lucky that i have an allocation, but i also feel like i have a dealer, or at least salesperson who may not be well versed in the order process. I'm hesitant to point fingers but it seems like other dealers have been more informed from past posts i've read through.

Looking for some guidance from more experienced BW buyers.
 
Hello all,

I've wanted a BW for a while now and finally decided its now or never. My spec is specific and I'm dead set on it. Typhoon/Natural tan w/carbon buckets, tech bronze wheels w/ bronze calipers, CF1/CF2 and precision package oh and of course manual transmission. I know I'm a little late to the game but after calling dealers like crazy I did find an allocation. The dealer told me they paired an allocation with my order, but they wouldn't know if there were any constraints right away. My salesman could not give me a specific timeframe on when we would find out if the order would be accepted by GM, he said it could take weeks. From my research, I feel like he should be able to give me a better idea on current constraints and timeframe, is that true?

Also I had a different dealer call me back later that same Thursday (6/18) and tell me they had an allocation but CF2 was on constraint, so now Im getting mixed messages.

That being said, I'm not super hopeful on this current allocation fitting my build. In the case that it does, at what point is it safe to start canceling any other orders/deposits i have to hold spots in line at other dealers? I don't want to prematurely jump out of line and then find out later that my car gets kicked back by GM. I feel lucky that i have an allocation, but i also feel like i have a dealer, or at least salesperson who may not be well versed in the order process. I'm hesitant to point fingers but it seems like other dealers have been more informed from past posts i've read through.

Looking for some guidance from more experienced BW buyers.
I'd speak to the Sales Manager or General Manager to get more clarification.
 
Hello all,

I've wanted a BW for a while now and finally decided its now or never. My spec is specific and I'm dead set on it. Typhoon/Natural tan w/carbon buckets, tech bronze wheels w/ bronze calipers, CF1/CF2 and precision package oh and of course manual transmission. I know I'm a little late to the game but after calling dealers like crazy I did find an allocation. The dealer told me they paired an allocation with my order, but they wouldn't know if there were any constraints right away. My salesman could not give me a specific timeframe on when we would find out if the order would be accepted by GM, he said it could take weeks. From my research, I feel like he should be able to give me a better idea on current constraints and timeframe, is that true?

Also I had a different dealer call me back later that same Thursday (6/18) and tell me they had an allocation but CF2 was on constraint, so now Im getting mixed messages.

That being said, I'm not super hopeful on this current allocation fitting my build. In the case that it does, at what point is it safe to start canceling any other orders/deposits i have to hold spots in line at other dealers? I don't want to prematurely jump out of line and then find out later that my car gets kicked back by GM. I feel lucky that i have an allocation, but i also feel like i have a dealer, or at least salesperson who may not be well versed in the order process. I'm hesitant to point fingers but it seems like other dealers have been more informed from past posts i've read through.

Looking for some guidance from more experienced BW buyers.

My allocation came up a month ago. My salesman knew right away what the constraints were.

At the time, mid May, the only constraint was that CF1 was not available as a stand alone, it needed to be ordered with CF2.
 
Hopefully that's still the case! I'll have to get ahold of a manager on Monday and figure out what is going on. Thanks
 
Hopefully that's still the case! I'll have to get ahold of a manager on Monday and figure out what is going on. Thanks
You could always add CF later (OEM out aftermarket) if on constraint. If the 2nd dealer is on you to put in your order by Monday, then that sounds like a true allocation (given by GM on Thursdays and ordered must be placed by Monday)
Although the 1st dealer doesn't sound like they have a true allocation, they may be saying that even if your order is accepted this week by GM how you specced it out they won't know for sure until your TPW (target production week) arrives.
Call today to speak to GM or sales manager that can give you more specific info...or even call Sewell to see if they can give you better info.

Post in thread 'Need help ASAP ... Just found out that they are putting an allocation through for me today' Need help ASAP ... Just found out that they are putting an allocation through for me today
 
You could always add CF later (OEM out aftermarket) if on constraint. If the 2nd dealer is on you to put in your order by Monday, then that sounds like a true allocation (given by GM on Thursdays and ordered must be placed by Monday)
Although the 1st dealer doesn't sound like they have a true allocation, they may be saying that even if your order is accepted this week by GM how you specced it out they won't know for sure until your TPW (target production week) arrives.
Call today to speak to GM or sales manager that can give you more specific info...or even call Sewell to see if they can give you better info.

Post in thread 'Need help ASAP ... Just found out that they are putting an allocation through for me today' Need help ASAP ... Just found out that they are putting an allocation through for me today
I do believe they have an actual BW allocation, he called me a week after I initially talked with him, on a Thursday, and said they received 3 CT5 allocations, 1 of which is a Blackwing. Where things get confusing was on the constraints. I could not tell if he was essentially saying the build is in jeopardy until 3400 or whatever status they deem safe, or if he was saying that he didnt know if it would even go to 2000 as specced. He said from what they could see at this time, there was not constraints on the order. Of course i pressed him over the phone but we weren't getting anywhere. I ended the call fully expecting to get an update within a day or so, but that didn't happen. I also don't want to presume I know more than him about his ordering system. I'm gonna call today and see if he can clarify or get me in touch with a manager who can.

Is cadillac.com the best place to track my order number? How often does that update?

I'm not 100% against adding carbon later but I would strongly prefer to have it on the original build, and I'm really only open to adding factory carbon. I searched for the rear diffuser last night and the best i could find was around $7100.00 through a parts website. That doesn't seem right. The spec is important to me, as I intend to keep this car forever.
 
I did end up reaching out to the sales manager today and he confirmed CF1/CF2 are both on constraint for this allocation. I am bummed to say the least. I am hoping I will get an opportunity at an allocation with CF before this is over. Your order getting accepted so recently is somewhat heartening, Thanks.
 
Torque Shop

Supporting Vendors

Apex Wheels

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom