Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Long term value

Coloblackwing97

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
Hi all. Ordered a the CT5 blackwing a few weeks ago and couldn’t be more excited. It’s by far the most expensive car I have ever ordered. I plan on keeping the beast forever, but I’m curious about the long term value in case I need to get out of it in a pinch. Previous V generations seem to cliff dive in terms of value off the lot. But considering this is the cream of the crop, final manual V8 luxury car (that we know of), can we expect strong resale value?

Do you think three years ago anyone in the world predicted where car prices are today?

Why would you think anyone in the world, never mind in this forum, would be able to accurately predict what they will be in a future that goes out more than a few months?

There are too many known and unknown variables to account for.

You might as well ask a meteorologist if it will rain a year tomorrow where you live.

The car is pretty special in its manual iteration so it will likely hold value relatively better than others … that’s about all you can say. The best approach is to assume that it will depreciate the same as previous iterations and be pleasantly surprised if it does better. The worst approach is to buy on the premise that it’s a good investment.

Do you think three years ago anyone in the world predicted where car prices are today?

Why would you think anyone in the world, never mind in this forum, would be able to accurately predict what they will be in a future that goes out more than a few months?

There are too many known and unknown variables to account for.

You might as well ask a meteorologist if it will rain a year tomorrow where you live.

The car is pretty special in its manual iteration so it will likely hold value relatively better than others … that’s about all you can say. The best approach is to assume that it will depreciate the same as previous iterations and be pleasantly surprised if it does better. The worst approach is to buy on the premise that it’s a good investment.
Can’t argue with that. Definitely not buying it as an investment but just trying to make myself feel better about dropping six figures on a car ;)

Totally agree with Soulsea. I bought a new ZR1 when they first came out and kept it for 20 years. It was if you recall, 'King of the Hill", but did not hold its value either.
Ya buy cuz you like it - full stop!

Crazy, that hadn't crossed my mind. I'm just hoping I can replace my 700 hp toy with another fun car.:m

I plan on losing 10's of k on this puppy! Don't care it will be mine and I will keep it for many,many years!

Its a very rare car that will surpass the earning made by investing the same amount of money in the DOW 30 stocks over time. I would guess less than 1/10th of 1% of cars built? And this will only happen on select cars (loaded M6 cars) with exceptionally low miles in like new condition. Add storage fees and insurance and its almost always a losing position.

I THINK the BlackWings are going to be similar to CTS-V wagons. Have you seen nearly decade old 6mt wagons sell for as much or more than MSRP? I think with BlackWings being the last of their kind for Cadillac, they will perform in a similar way.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back