Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Keep the front spring spacers

Mike Martz

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing Shadow Metallic Manual
1632412112920.png

I know there has been a discussion somewhere on these spacers but I thought I would just start a new one. There were some questions concerning whether or not owners should be provided these spacers once they are removed prior to delivery (or should be). While my 5bw is months away, I did download the manual and saw this diagram. It appears to suggest that owners should be given these spacers "just in case". So maybe we need to ask for them at delivery. I know they would be a pain to reinstall but might be nice to have.

I think you would keep these if you would keep the paper floor mats they put in the car when it's new. You will never use them again. Not only is there almost no practical scenario where they would be needed, outside of potentially shipping the car across the country, but also they would be a PITA to install, requiring you jack up the front and bottom out the wheels.

I kept mine about 500 miles longer than intended when the dealer didn't remove them during PDI. ;)

Anyway, they weren't that hard to remove myself, but yes, you do have to lift each wheel off the ground to get them in and out. They're basically just a really hard rubber compound, but there's no way you're getting them in/out with it on the ground.

I put mine in the little storage thing with the tire inflator in the trunk and that's probably where they'll stay for eternity.

Nice, I got to keep my spacers but they threw out the parts needed to remove my rear brake coolers.

For the rear track coolers to work, the brake shields need to come off. My dealer needs to order them in before they can remove the rear brake coolers and we have no idea how long that will take. There are instructions included with the parts but I have never seen them as they did not leave them with me. Its in a couple posts here if you search on brakes and the info came from Mirza. The front ones are built in but the front rock shields get installed. Carbon ceramic brakes have no spare cooling parts. I even texted all this info to my sales person but its my assumption they never relayed it to the tech.

Sorry to hear. Yeah I read in a couple threads about the brake shield situation

Its my understanding the are missing the shields that need to be reinstalled when the rear brake coolers are removed.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back