Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Jacking up your Blackwing

raptor5244

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - 46-381
Here are some pictures of the issue with the ZL1addons jacking pads on the 5BW.

I am going to use the spot in the front where you can see they lifted it at the factory (you can see the scratches) but I still haven't figured out where they lifted at the rear.
I wish they had a set of lift pads for the 4BW chassis. I reached out to ZL1 add-ons but they need a test car to work with. I can get the jack pad on the pinch welds but the permanent lift pads won't fit with all the plastics in the way.

shbox

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Rift 2022 CT5-V
View attachment 14652

View attachment 14653

I am going to use the spot in the front where you can see they lifted it at the factory (you can see the scratches) but I still haven't figured out where they lifted at the rear.
View attachment 14654
I think the factory, round lift point is still a little soft. My thought is that it was used before marriage to the suspension/engine cradle and therefore the car was lighter. I used a similar location on my previous ATS and it did not handle it well.

Deneed4spd

Seasoned Member
Jacks and stands. Anyone here use quickjack? Lift and lock. They worked on my M2 so I’m assuming it will be low enough on a blackwing with the pinch weld rubber blocks.

dstewart51

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
23' CT4V-BW
I think the factory, round lift point is still a little soft. My thought is that it was used before marriage to the suspension/engine cradle and therefore the car was lighter. I used a similar location on my previous ATS and it did not handle it well.

I found this as well and aborted trying to jack the car up as I started to see this point flex. I suspect this was for frame manipulation during production.

The bolt that goes through the aluminum front subframe is a solid lift point.

pkincy

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I concur with the front subframe bolt. The problem with pinch weld items is that they don't clear the carbon fibre in the front of the 4BW but do in the rear.

Beamz27

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4V BW
View attachment 14652

View attachment 14653

View attachment 14654
Don’t use that spot. It will warp the rockers. That’s aluminum. They did that on mine and on my Camaro and fucked it up

MatthewAMEL

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 BW5 M6
T
Don’t use that spot. It will warp the rockers. That’s aluminum. They did that on mine and on my Camaro and fucked it up
Anywhere on the pinch welds cutout is fine. Where poor-sha has the lift points is good.

I have used the lift pads on my Camaro to lift my car 500+ times in the last 6 years. With floor jacks and a QuickJack.

If they messed up your other Alpha cars, they didn’t use the cutouts.

poor-sha

Seasoned Member
If I put those jack pads on the ping welds and push up against the plastic I can see the rockers bending. It’s all attached.

Mcard23

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing 86-048
If I put those jack pads on the ping welds and push up against the plastic I can see the rockers bending. It’s all attached.
I’ve had mine on for months like you pictured pressed up against the plastic and never noticed any bending of the actual CF rocker, I’ll double check tomorrow. I hand wash at least once a week, I feel like I would’ve had to have noticed that by now. Maybe I have them further forward or backward than you on the pinch weld….can’t think of any other variable lol

Beamz27

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4V BW
T

Anywhere on the pinch welds cutout is fine. Where poor-sha has the lift points is good.

I have used the lift pads on my Camaro to lift my car 500+ times in the last 6 years. With floor jacks and a QuickJack.

If they messed up your other Alpha cars, they didn’t use the cutouts.
Yea well the picture I’m replying to did not show the pinch weld

Win a CT4-V Blackwing!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Top Bottom