Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Interesting

Tall Steve

Head Goat Herder
I was bored at work today and was watching a YouTube video about the history of supercars and I learned a little fact that in 1912 Cadillac was the first car with an electric start......Anyway, just thought I would share....

Yeah supposedly Cadillac invented the car that has controls as we know them today. Maybe that's why the BWs controls are so good, Cadillac literally invented them.

Last edited:
Did you also know, the person who started Cadillac-he sold the company and also started Lincoln a few years later.

@Jameson's Viggen I knew about that only because Jay Leno was talking about on an episode a few months back.

I love car history like the “reinventing” the electric car that was discovered over a 100+ yrs ago 😂

Another interesting tidbit from Cadillac's history:

That year [1908] was a pivotal one for Cadillac, as the company was awarded the Royal Automobile Club's prestigious Dewar Trophy. The award was an affirmation of Cadillac founder Henry Leland's advancements in precision machining and standardized parts interchangeability in the automobile. The R.A.C. selected three 1908 Cadillacs and had them completely disassembled. The parts were mixed up, and the three vehicles were then reassembled using a mix of service parts and parts from each disassembled vehicle, with no machining or adjustment to any of the parts allowed. Each car was then successfully driven 500 miles around Brooklands on the tail end of a major snowstorm without breakdown, an impressive feat in the era!
SOURCE

Each car was then successfully driven 500 miles around Brooklands on the tail end of a major snowstorm without breakdown, an impressive feat in the era!
SOURCE

Yeah especially considering some Cadillacs can't even make it 500 miles without breakdown today.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back