Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Initial 250/500 Deposit Refund?

DustinEarnhardt

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
For those of you in the initial 250/500, how is your dealer handling the deposit you put down on Feb 1st?

My dealer is telling me that I will be receiving a refund of the $1000 deposit straight from GM shortly after I take delivery of the car. Is that what everyone else is being told too?

For those of you in the initial 250/500, how is your dealer handling the deposit you put down on Feb 1st?

My dealer is telling me that I will be receiving a refund of the $1000 deposit straight from GM shortly after I take delivery of the car. Is that what everyone else is being told too?
No, I saw in my paperwork that the deposit went straight to the dealer you chose and any refunds would come from them or apply to your purchase.

This got covered in an earlier thread, there's something the dealership has to do on their end to release the funds so they can be applied to the order. Your dealership probably just doesn't know how to do it. If you look back at your credit card statement, you'll see the charge had your dealership's name on it, not Cadillac or GM, so they have it... They just don't know it.

Yeah, I found my credit card transaction and that it was sent to my dealer.

Does anyone have any more information about how these funds get released to them? I looked around and couldn't find the earlier thread you're referencing.

I had a retail order generated by the dealer signed by a manager on their letterhead showing total price after the $1000 deposit Cover your ass
This is why I use Amex for everything. I've never had to actually use it, but usually the threat of "I guess I'll have to call Amex and contest the charge" greases the wheels to get most problems resolved. Yes, their fees are higher, but their customer service warrants it.

Mines was applied to the price of the car. If not you should request a refund directly from them

Yeah, I found my credit card transaction and that it was sent to my dealer.

Does anyone have any more information about how these funds get released to them? I looked around and couldn't find the earlier thread you're referencing.
It wasn't anything specific, just something about "the IT department needed to do something" to release it. Sounds like it's just something wonky in GM's order system.

*sigh* And my transaction was going so smoothly up until this point...

Thanks guys.

I'd still welcome any feedback that others have about how their initial deposit was treated.

Mine was applied as a downpayment by dealer when I did the paperwork.

My charge processed on my credit card as "Sewell Cadillac" for the $1,000. They forgot to apply it when I took delivery of the car and refunded my credit card a few days later.

Dustin, your dealership has the $1k and just needs to apply it as a down payment when you take delivery or refund your credit card. Whoever you're talking to doesn't know what they are talking about. There is nothing IT or GM needs to do, accounting at the dealership needs to find the unapplied $1k and apply it to your transaction or refund it.

I received mine back from my original dealership when I fired them and then the dealership that I transferred my reservation to did not require a deposit.

My dealer he's awaiting clarification from GM on where and how to handle the refund, hoping it won't be an issue the longer this takes.

Sigh...it's nothing more than a credit card refund from the dealer. It has nothing to do with GM or some imaginary dealer IT department, and everything to do with a sales manager and a business office employee with a brain and a pulse.

Most car dealerships don't have "IT Departments". :rolleyes:

If the dealership isn't sure, then they simply need to pick up the phone and call their Cadillac District Sales Manager for information. It's not rocket science!

Sometimes, I actually wonder how some people manage to put a pair of underwear on and pour a cup of coffee in the morning without the need of an instruction manual...

Last edited:
Like everybody is saying it is the dealership who charged the money and it is them that will refund it. However, if they refuse to do so you can contact GM (last case scenario) and they can pull the money from the dealership and give it back to you.

Like everybody is saying it is the dealership who charged the money and it is them that will refund it. However, if they refuse to do so you can contact GM (last case scenario) and they can pull the money from the dealership and give it back to you.
Or you can dispute the charges on your cc.

Sigh...it's nothing more than a credit card refund from the dealer. It has nothing to do with GM or some imaginary dealer IT department, and everything to do with a sales manager and a business office employee with a brain and a pulse.

Most car dealerships don't have "IT Departments". :rolleyes:

If the dealership isn't sure, then they simply need to pick up the phone and call their Cadillac District Sales Manager for information. It's not rocket science!

Sometimes, I actually wonder how some people manage to put a pair of underwear on and pour a cup of coffee in the morning without the need of an instruction manual...
Instructions unclear, junk stuck in coffee pot. Also, the underwear tastes bad.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back