Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I just think its set to auto record as soon as you start the car...

If you touch the circled two, it will display the messages. I had that yesterday. One message was about the SIM card, and the other was something else. It's not necessarily in regards to the PDR. It's where Cadillac puts messages.

The red dot indicates the PDR is recording. The 2 in the circle is messages. you can delete them. I think one was a SIM card error. Maybe you're right that it "notifies" you it's recording. IDK. Why give you a message AND the red dot?

The red dot indicates the PDR is recording. The 2 in the circle is messages. you can delete them. I think one was a SIM card error. Maybe you're right that it "notifies" you it's recording. IDK. Why give you a message AND the red dot?
Did u go for a drive ?

The red dot indicates the PDR recording. I have mine set to auto record whenever I start the car. Haven’t had a 2, but usually always has a 1 next to it. I need to push on it to see what it’s trying to tell me.

Did u go for a drive ?
Yes! Not to hijack this thread, but yes. I'd suggest to go from north to south. I went the other way. No real pull offs (overlooks) other than southbound and you can't really see them or get to them going northbound to look at the scenery. If you see signs for cattle, trust me, take it seriously. The car was a blast. Totally fun to drive. Gotta be careful, no guide rails and it's a long way down. Be sure to top off your tank. There's no gas along the way. I drove up mostly in second and third gear. Loved listening to the burble and crackle of the exhaust. I think I learned, the V6 really is enough. I think the 5 would be too much power on that road. Car hugs the road like rails. There are spots where you can run, um, rather fast. It really gives you confidence. Loved it. Looking forward to running some California canyons in the fall or next year.

Yes! Not to hijack this thread, but yes. I'd suggest to go from north to south. I went the other way. No real pull offs (overlooks) other than southbound and you can't really see them or get to them going northbound to look at the scenery. If you see signs for cattle, trust me, take it seriously. The car was a blast. Totally fun to drive. Gotta be careful, no guide rails and it's a long way down. Be sure to top off your tank. There's no gas along the way. I drove up mostly in second and third gear. Loved listening to the burble and crackle of the exhaust. I think I learned, the V6 really is enough. I think the 5 would be too much power on that road. Car hugs the road like rails. There are spots where you can run, um, rather fast. It really gives you confidence. Loved it. Looking forward to running some California canyons in the fall or next year.
I don't think @Tall Steve will mind if someone else hijacks one of his threads for once! 🤣

Glad u enjoyed the time spent !

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners