Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

GM Confirms Key Production Dates for the Cadillac V-Series Blackwing

I’m beginning to think that putting your money down to get on a wait list is kind of like buying a lottery ticket.
You know, how it’s more realistic to look at it as buying a chance to dream than buying a chance to win.

Last edited:
Does that happen on July 7? May 1, 19? Would be perfect to know for those struggling to find a car.

@Rob can interpret the dates exactly.

But it doesn't really matter that much ... my advice is for everyone here who has an order submitted to ask their dealer to put in another one in on May 5th for a 23.

If by some miracle their 22 build gets picked up as one of the last 22 cars they can always cancel the 23 order.

1642185850041.png

So what they are saying is if your ordered is not allocated by 5/5 it will not be built for my22. You should always assume your dealer will NOT roll your order over. Simply trust by verify.

Does anyone know when the 2023 configurator goes live? That way you will know of any changes or deletions, including colors. I heard the Corvette configurator goes live in March.

I saw the UAW at Bowling Green has given future strike authorization (if needed). What's that going to mean for getting engines for the BW if they go out?

That's great news! I was late to the game and by the time I put a deposit down, I realized I would only be getting one if they continued making it in 2023. Dealer had no info on this, and emails to Cadillac also were not helpful.

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I was talking with my dealer today. He pretty much agreed with me that at this point my 5 will not get built for 2022 MY, mainly due to 0% constraint on carbon and the May 5 "deadline". He told me he will roll it over to a 2023 if that's what I want. Told him I'm looking at 4's and I may just cancel the 5 and wait for the 2024 MY, which I personally think will be the last year for the Blackwing. He also believes 2024 will be it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back