Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Getting Rid of Fake Engine Noise

CT5-V Model

Exia

Seasoned Member
So I know the CT5-V Blackwing has some kind of fake engine noise from the speakers for some absurd reason I'll never understand.

Does anyone know how to disable this? Is there a fuse we can pull or something? I think it sounds terrible and I'd like to be able to just turn it off if its easy enough to do. I don't think there's a setting for this that I've been able to find within the infotainment.

So I know the CT5-V Blackwing has some kind of fake engine noise from the speakers for some absurd reason I'll never understand.

Does anyone know how to disable this? Is there a fuse we can pull or something? I think it sounds terrible and I'd like to be able to just turn it off if its easy enough to do. I don't think there's a setting for this that I've been able to find within the infotainment.
The aggressiveness of it should change by drive mode. I don't believe there is a fuse for it though. At least not one that wouldn't also disable something unintended.

I think the best you could do is pull the fuse for the exhaust actuators that way you could put the exhaust in tour mode but the flaps would still be open.

An OTA update for control of this would be nice. It should have been a menu choice all along.

Not quite that simple. It's actually your engine noise but for some reason Cadillac removed what I read as 'undesirable harmonics'. My interpretation is they pull out most of the supercharger sound given its much easier to hear outside the car. The v3 was all SC and very little motor and the 5 BW is the opposite. I'd love to hear both!

I think Cadillac uses active noise cancellation with the in-cabin speakers and maybe a microphone or two? Would probably have to remove the mic and or some speakers to get natural sound alone I'd my guess.

I th

The aggressiveness of it should change by drive mode. I don't believe there is a fuse for it though. At least not one that wouldn't also disable something unintended.

I think the best you could do is pull the fuse for the exhaust actuators that way you could put the exhaust in tour mode but the flaps would still be open.
If you pull the fuse, it goes wide open all the time.

If you pull the fuse, it goes wide open all the time.
Yes the exhaust will but if you put the exhaust mode in tour that should be the least amount of speaker engine sounds. Then you'll have quiet speakers but full exhaust

Yes the exhaust will but if you put the exhaust mode in tour that should be the least amount of speaker engine sounds. Then you'll have quiet speakers but full exhaust

Is there an option to control the exhaust? I’ve only seen engine being selectable, nothing for exhaust.

I put exhaust cut outs right in front of the muffler on the five black wing. I documented it in an earlier thread. With them wide open there’s no concern about hearing any fake engine noises. It sounds awesome but very loud. I use the caps on the cut outs with a washer to space them open just a little bit for every day driving and it’s just super. Very inexpensive modification especially if you can do a little bit of welding yourself and can use a 2 inch hole saw

Is there an option to control the exhaust? I’ve only seen engine being selectable, nothing for exhaust.
Oops.. I thought they were separate. Well i guess hopefully it (fake sound) can be disabled by the dealer service department

Trifecta was able to delete the fake engine noise on the ATS-V. Hopefully they’ll be able to figure out the same on the CT5-V Blackwing.

I keep trying to understand why the owner of a luxury performance car with a ton of sound deadening, acoustic front windows, and active noise canceling would want to remove the injection of the desirable engine and exhaust sounds back into the cabin.

I could see if it was a completely unrelated audio file like in a BMW or Benz, but in the V its the actual sound of the engine minus some of the high pitch wine of some of the accessory gear.

In tour mode, the car has no practically nothing but tire road noise under all but the hardest acceleration.

Maybe I'm just not deaf (yet) but if I really want to hear the car exhaust I drop the windows. What is it guys are actually trying to hear?

I didn't think it was fake engine noise...I just thought that it was piped in through the speakers to appreciate it better (and also balances out the sound deadening in the interior... although numerous people have complainedim this forum that they can't hear the engine enough)

Whoops, been awhile since I've read this thread...Post #4 by @rdollie does a better job explaining what I was thinking...
Post in thread 'Getting Rid of Fake Engine Noise' CT5-V - Getting Rid of Fake Engine Noise

I keep trying to understand why the owner of a luxury performance car with a ton of sound deadening, acoustic front windows, and active noise canceling would want to remove the injection of the desirable engine and exhaust sounds back into the cabin.

I could see if it was a completely unrelated audio file like in a BMW or Benz, but in the V its the actual sound of the engine minus some of the high pitch wine of some of the accessory gear.

In tour mode, the car has no practically nothing but tire road noise under all but the hardest acceleration.

Maybe I'm just not deaf (yet) but if I really want to hear the car exhaust I drop the windows. What is it guys are actually trying to hear?
I think your're confusing yourself. The speakers are pumping in some kind of engine noise, its not real, its not necessary. I can already hear the exhaust from the car, but the speaker sound is also happening and mixing with the actual exhaust sound in the cabin.

I just want to remove this fake enhanced speaker sound all together, I don't need it.

I also don't run in tour mode, my exhaust is on track at all times.

Yes, I'm nitpicking here its not completely pronounced but it is there abd it just isn't necessary.

Its a supercharged V8, it shouldnt be necessary at all to pump in anything through the speakers.

I think your're confusing yourself. The speakers are pumping in some kind of engine noise, its not real, its not necessary. I can already hear the exhaust from the car, but the speaker sound is also happening and mixing with the actual exhaust sound in the cabin.

I just want to remove this fake enhanced speaker sound all together, I don't need it.

Yes, I'm nitpicking here its not completely pronounced but it is there abd it just isn't necessary.

Its a supercharged V8, it shouldnt be necessary at all to pump in anything through the speakers.

I'm not confused at all. The car has active noise canceling in addition to all the sound deadening. If they did not pipe some of the engine sound back in through the speakers, the noise canceling would hear what's leaking into the cabin and play the same sound out of phase so your ear doesn't really pick it up as a distinct sound. It would be harder to hear the engine not easier.

That's why I said try tour mode, which still has both valves open under acceleration and you will see just how quiet the car gets without piping in the engine sound.

To each his own.

I do not believe the CT5VBW has any extra noise pumped in through the speakers. I installed an amp and sub, and dove pretty deep into the wiring diagrams. I see no microphone, and the RPO code for engine sound enhancement isn't on CT5VBWs.

I do not believe the CT5VBW has any extra noise pumped in through the speakers. I installed an amp and sub, and dove pretty deep into the wiring diagrams. I see no microphone, and the RPO code for engine sound enhancement isn't on CT5VBWs.
there's a mic that picks up the actual engine noise coming from the car and puts it through the speakers.

there's a mic that picks up the actual engine noise coming from the car and puts it through the speakers.
I checked every wiring diagram and wiring harness diagram in the factory service manual, and there is no microphone other than the 3 ANC mics and the 2 mics for phones. The RPO code for engine sound enhancement is not installed on the blackwings.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-19 20.51.00.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-19 20.51.00.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 81
I checked every wiring diagram and wiring harness diagram in the factory service manual, and there is no microphone other than the 3 ANC mics and the 2 mics for phones. The RPO code for engine sound enhancement is not installed on the blackwings.
After an exhaustive search, I only see NKD as an option on the CT6.

Savage Geese mentioned it was piped in noise, but Throttle House said it was not and complained about how you couldn't hear the glorious noises in the cabin.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back