Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Fear of Missing Out (FOMO)

RDATLTE

FKA: Sticker Boy & CT4-V Blackwing
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing Road Atlanta IMSA Track Edition
Now that the build and price tool is up and most of us are at 3000 status with no chance of changing our orders, who's feeling FOMO?

I'm still very happy with my build but, I have to say that the black exterior with black interior and red seat belts and red calipers is a very strong combination. Probably 2nd for me now where previously, orange exterior with black interior was 2nd. The only thing that I don't care for with the black interior is the white piping.

Last edited:
I'm entirely too practical for my own good... The build I want is:
1622219639837.png

1622219675165.png

But all I can see is a very loud daily driver, with too light a color on the armrests for ma schwetty elbows, and I'd love to look at it- others would too, and I don't want to be looked at!

So, I'm going with:
1622219836167.png

1622219866450.png

Honestly, even with this I'd prefer the mid-grade diamond pattern seats, but I look at the dusty footprints the kids are always leaving on my current seatbacks, and that suede back panel seems like a terrible idea. If the backs were leatherette, I'd have gone for the mid package.

But, at the end of the day I'm way more focused on getting as much stick-shift fun under my belt before the horror of autonomous cars destroys driving and I become just another passenger. As I've said before, I want to blip the throttle at a light and have everyone look at the gaudy charger sitting next to me... Then look back to see them all still negotiating the turn on the ramp, while I'm already merging on the freeway!

I really really love the orange with the black interior, but my wife said that I already have an orange CT5 that I should do something different....Thank goodness I can't change it now because I might have....Oh, and after the build tool came out my wife really wanted me to get black with black interior......I'm just glad we are moving forward now and I can stop worrying about the small stupid stuff and just get ready for my BW....

I'm entirely too practical for my own good... The build I want is:
View attachment 3454
View attachment 3455
But all I can see is a very loud daily driver, with too light a color on the armrests for ma schwetty elbows, and I'd love to look at it- others would too, and I don't want to be looked at!

So, I'm going with:
View attachment 3456
View attachment 3457

Honestly, even with this I'd prefer the mid-grade diamond pattern seats, but I look at the dusty footprints the kids are always leaving on my current seatbacks, and that suede back panel seems like a terrible idea. If the backs were leatherette, I'd have gone for the mid package.

But, at the end of the day I'm way more focused on getting as much stick-shift fun under my belt before the horror of autonomous cars destroys driving and I become just another passenger. As I've said before, I want to blip the throttle at a light and have everyone look at the gaudy charger sitting next to me... Then look back to see them all still negotiating the turn on the ramp, while I'm already merging on the freeway!
I share your concern regarding the seatbacks unfortunately, with the 4, that's all we have with the upgraded interior.

Yea, I wanted to add two small things, One can be done if I purchase the parts, the other cannot I don't think. I still like my build and I will not be missing the two things coming from a 2001 4runner :)

I'm pleased with my choice of Infrared. It was either that or the Electric Blue. The blue just seemed a little loud. I prefer a stealth ride (as stealth as red can be). My current V3 doesn't have the CF package but I did install the OEM CF hood vent because I liked it. When I got my V, I was in rentals for a few months before and my neighbor thought it was another rental. I was like 'cool' lol. I also liked the Satin Steel but I had the same color on another car about 6 years ago and I'm tired of white, black, silver (the 3 colors of the cars currently in my driveway). I had a green SS and that was a beautiful color. I was hoping Cadillac would offer a nice green but whatever. I'm happy with my choice and it's going to be awesome. My only concern with the red is that it might be too popular on this model.

@RupertH Your build looks great. And yeah, my kids are the worst when it comes to kicking the seatbacks. My V3 has the suede seatbacks. That's another reason I want the BW, more legroom for the kids. They're not getting any smaller!

Funny how this process has gone.....I thought I was locked on infrared until I went to look at the color next to a black one by chance and I decided black was it.....but in the back of my mind I really wanted the red. Then my wife and girls spoke up, "Dad, you will look stupid driving a red car at your age". So I again decided black was it. Then I saw one in rift and thought, damn that looks nice.....and again from the family "Dad, that looks like an old ladies car". Back to black. And boy am I ever happy I chose black. After going through the build and seeing it all put together I love it. Then again, playing with the build tool I think I could build any of the colors and love them. Boils down to the car. Need to get in that seat!

My girls meant no offense to anyone who chose rift or infrared.

My girls meant no offense to anyone who chose rift or infrared.
None taken! That wasn’t too much of a concern but it did cross my mind. I’m in my mid 50s so I’ve already had my midlife crisis. It’s not really a bright red so I think it’ll be fine.

It’s gonna look sick in black! I considered it but I’m in Texas and I vowed never to own another black car again. I’m excited for you 3000 guys. Can’t wait to see everyone’s!

All you young people in there mid 50s, Hell, I'm 65 and still drive like a teenager and still going strong. I never plan on retiring, my toys are too expensive to retire. And besides, since my divorce , I can do whatever the hell I want !!! LOL Married 32 years and she decided to cheat and I'm a free man !!! LOL

All you young people in there mid 50s, Hell, I'm 65 and still drive like a teenager and still going strong. I never plan on retiring, my toys are too expensive to retire. And besides, since my divorce , I can do whatever the hell I want !!! LOL Married 32 years and she decided to cheat and I'm a free man !!! LOL
You rock on sir, I'm a 56 yr old kid myself....

I
Im in the same boat!!!

64 goin on 34 here!!!

I wished these cars were around in my younger days. If we wanted something like this, we had to build it. I had 2 GTO's, 69 and 70 along with a 70 Camaro that I use to take to the track (Drag Strip) all the time but had to sell all my toys in the divorce.

I just turned 39 and my wife keeps telling me to grow up and drive like an adult 😳

I wished these cars were around in my younger days. If we wanted something like this, we had to build it. I had 2 GTO's, 69 and 70 along with a 70 Camaro that I use to take to the track (Drag Strip) all the time but had to sell all my toys in the divorce.
what track are you referring to? My Dad is 73 and did a bunch of Hot Rodding in his younger years there in Sunnyvale. Our dealership actually sponsored a drag car for a few years until the driver died at Famosa (Jay Cheatham) maybe you've heard of him. Our dealership is on El Camino Real in Sunnyvale...used to be Pearson Oldsmobile Pontiac GMC before changing to Buick GMC and now its Sunnyvale Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back