Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Esky V Meanderings

soulsea

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
alcoholics unanimous
Washed, tinted, .375" spacers till I gets new wheels.

89217-D10-2-CCD-4-FD1-8-D44-DDFD56-A77076.jpg

9-B1-D0-B1-B-D6-A3-4-A16-8-E86-570-D2878-A008.jpg

8-FA367-F6-F0-F1-4880-9-A58-14-C29-E6-E0215.jpg

D258812-F-E615-4-D31-B441-43-E19-B614782.jpg

533-F0638-DD83-416-E-B219-FCA6-CB29-CC4-F.jpg

DABF9-B55-0-EFE-4-C61-AF30-35-D886823941.jpg

Warm start video:

Looking at de-chroming, lowering and definitely black wheels ... either OE 22s or 24s if I figure out the lowering.

Not to be a pest or anything but I thought you weren't going to get it? What changed your mind, just curious.

Either way, looking good

Not to be a pest or anything but I thought you weren't going to get it? What changed your mind, just curious.

Either way, looking good

I'm not actually allowed to discuss it in public until it becomes official ... but some changes have taken place that will be announced by GM in the next week that made it possible for me to get it.

Hopefully that means GM realizes how short sighted they were being but who knows.

Can I come play at your house?

Still have the Range Rover?

I'm not actually allowed to discuss it in public until it becomes official ... but some changes have taken place that will be announced by GM in the next week that made it possible for me to get it.
Retrofit Super Cruise?

If they can do that, that would be a game changer and I would actually take delivery of my daily driver Sierra Denali Ultimate that was just built last week WITHOUT Super Cruise. Super Cruise was a STANDARD feature on the Ultimate. If not, I'm not taking delivery of the Sierra.

On my Escalade V, I still took delivery because I want to actually drive it. It's wasted miles IMHO with a beast like this just loafing down the highway on Super Cruise. Still, it would have been nice to have for the rare occasions I would use it. :D :D

Retrofit Super Cruise?

I wish. :)

No, this is what I knew was coming that allowed me to proceed with my Esky V and Z06 purchases.

fetch

There is a very interesting back story to all of this that explains how I knew (that @Rob knows about) that I will share shortly.

Very, very interesting. So, it's 6 months now instead of 12 for the holding requirement to retain warranty and not be 'blacklisted?'

I wish. :)

No, this is what I knew was coming that allowed me to proceed with my Esky V and Z06 purchases.

fetch

There is a very interesting back story to all of this that explains how I knew (that @Rob knows about) that I will share shortly.
Still not happy about the policy to be honest but at least 6 months is somewhat reasonable.

How about a policy that promises customers 9x% back if they change their mind on a car within the first 6 months once the market settles down. Oh wait, they only care if people make money. People losing money on cars, sell it day 2 for all they care

I wonder what caused GM to cave so quickly and switch from 12 months to 6?

;)

Great job, soulsea! Just read through the whole thing. It was long, but you do a great job of communicating and clearly articulating all the variables and potential impacts, including yours.

I was never overly worried about it as I plan to keep my Escalade V greater than 12 months, but I certainly understand and appreciate all your arguments against it. Well done getting it down to 6 months!

Now, I just need that Z06 allocation. Those are super tight. I'm #1 at my dealer, but I have the Z07 and the carbon stuff. So, definitely uphill battle..

From your mouth to God's ear.........Amazing job @soulsea

Another, maybe bigger issue, isn't just the flipper, but the second buyer. Mainly if they have no idea of the policy and buy with good intentions and get burnt. Many flippers, non GM dealers, or not honest GM dealers won't tell a buyer about this flipper policy.

Excellent work soulsea!!

Very impressive soulsea, thanks for your efforts and sharing them. Now I wish you could do something with Supercruise. Just got my Escalade V allocation, production looks to be mid October. My dealer is telling me regular Escalades will be getting SC again starting first week in October, but not the V models. What is with that? I will of course take it anyway as many of you have done, but I can't help but believe they leave it off the V models cause they know they will sell every one anyway. Curious if you have heard any other info on this? Mine will be the ESV twin of yours, which looks great by the way!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back