Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Did anyone else's android auto or Apple Carplay screen change?

Neveready

Seasoned Member
This morning my android auto screen looked like this. I'm curious if anyone with an apple phone sees a split screen?

1675961343300594477612597715194.jpg

That’s one of the available display modes. You can split screen in CarPlay or split screen with Caddy Apps and CarPlay/AAuto.

I seem to remember getting to that mode by swiping from left or right edge of display.

There's support for the split screen with Google Maps in Android now with support for Waze to come. Just click that lower left icon that looks like a grid of icons.

Just got it yesterday. Other than split screen for Google Maps and a different look and feel, not sure I'm seeing any new features??

Mine just updated! Enjoying it so far.

The multiple tiles are much nicer. The rounded corners feel a little dopey, but otherwise so far so good.

Is there a setting to get the menu bar on the left instead of on the bottom?

Coolwalk is ok but now for some reason, it won't read my text when I get a message.

I experienced this on my Bronco this morning. Another Android Auto downgrade. I'm not a fan of *adding* button presses for basic functionality.

Past: Can display map and have podcast control (play/pause) buttons on the same main screen. Excellent design.
New: Play/pause buttons are gone, now requires multiple button presses. Gotta make it pretty I guess, functionality doesn't matter.

The multiple tile display blows, I'm not leaving that display on the screen. Just another thing to press to get to the screen I want, for no reason.

I experienced this on my Bronco this morning. Another Android Auto downgrade. I'm not a fan of *adding* button presses for basic functionality.

Past: Can display map and have podcast control (play/pause) buttons on the same main screen. Excellent design.
New: Play/pause buttons are gone, now requires multiple button presses. Gotta make it pretty I guess, functionality doesn't matter.

The multiple tile display blows, I'm not leaving that display on the screen. Just another thing to press to get to the screen I want, for no reason.
Just another reason to get an iPhone, I guess. <ducks>

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

2008 is around the same time I got my iPhone 1 and oddly I still have it and it does power up. It’s way too late for me to switch to anything else.

Mine just updated yesterday..

Does anyone have a problem with Android Auto disconnecting frequently?

Have had that issue in previous vehicles. "forgetting" the device on your phone or car and re-connecting them usually fixes the issue.

The new updates probably have a few bugs though.

Yes, I asked my dealer and they couldn't diagnose it. It does it all the time but I still use it. You could use a cable and that won't happen. Sound Quality is better too

Vainly replying to my own post...

I still don't like the update. But I can see why they did it.

Screens are moving in one direction only >> larger. So it makes sense to introduce a display with multiple windows at once (if they had that before, I didn't notice). I think they did this really poorly, removing basic functionality, but I can see the motivation.

This update will make more sense in new cars with large screens as time goes on. Neither of my present cars has a large enough screen to justify this approach, however, so I now have extra screen "button" presses every time I start the car and I have lost a simple audio control point.

If I want Google Maps or Waze (how long before they inevitably kill Waze, by the way?) displayed, I don't want anything else displayed. I just want to see the map. With a larger screen, I'd prefer a larger map rather than multiple apps open (until screens get *really* big, I suppose). I'll just zoom in a little more and see more detail, or show my whole route. I don't want or need a separate window for my podcast or my phone call, I just need 2 or 3 buttons shown below the map JUST LIKE THE FORMER VERSION DID REALLY WELL. :)

Vainly replying to my own post...

I still don't like the update. But I can see why they did it.

Screens are moving in one direction only >> larger. So it makes sense to introduce a display with multiple windows at once (if they had that before, I didn't notice). I think they did this really poorly, removing basic functionality, but I can see the motivation.

This update will make more sense in new cars with large screens as time goes on. Neither of my present cars has a large enough screen to justify this approach, however, so I now have extra screen "button" presses every time I start the car and I have lost a simple audio control point.

If I want Google Maps or Waze (how long before they inevitably kill Waze, by the way?) displayed, I don't want anything else displayed. I just want to see the map. With a larger screen, I'd prefer a larger map rather than multiple apps open (until screens get *really* big, I suppose). I'll just zoom in a little more and see more detail, or show my whole route. I don't want or need a separate window for my podcast or my phone call, I just need 2 or 3 buttons shown below the map JUST LIKE THE FORMER VERSION DID REALLY WELL. :)
All you have to do to clean it up is tap the app you want primacy on and it's good! One more step unfortuntely. I'm going to play with the settings on the phone app later to see if I can reset the preset. I also find the smaller map with additional widgets annoying.

All you have to do to clean it up is tap the app you want primacy on and it's good! One more step unfortuntely. I'm going to play with the settings on the phone app later to see if I can reset the preset. I also find the smaller map with additional widgets annoying.

Yes, I'm aware (and I do that). But, as an engineer, it drives me slightly crazy when people *add* steps that just shouldn't be necessary. Even if just one press.

Because it's not just one press, this is part of a bigger picture. It's unnecessarily stepping on the brake pedal to start the car. Unnecessarily pressing the "rev match" button because that setting isn't remembered. And so on. Could be worse. On other cars you might also want/need to disable the ASS feature, turn the crappy automatic lights on or off, etc.

Not a big problem at all, nitpicking obviously, but by all means let us know if you can change the default display.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back