Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Detailing thread

I just never wash the car. Can't get swirls if you don't wash it ever.
🤦🏻‍♂️ Pictured in my mind when you see a dirty windshield where you can see the areas cleaned by the wipers. 🤣

I just never wash the car. Can't get swirls if you don't wash it ever.
Actually, that's better than constantly rubbing on the car. I'd rather my car get really dirty before I wash it than rub it down every few days to always keep it clean.

Actually, that's better than constantly rubbing on the car. I'd rather my car get really dirty before I wash it than rub it down every few days to always keep it clean.
If it has PPF and has ceramic or a sealer over the PPF and you use a spray on detail product, it’ll be fine.

Care to explain to us plebe's how the rinseless works?

Rinse (optional)
Wash
Dry

A final rinse is not needed and the first is totally optional. Plus you can use it as a clay lube, quick detailer, interior cleaner etc...

It was started for people living in apartments, areas with water restrictions, mobile detailers, etc. but the tech still works the same.

Last edited:
I bought the Adams Air Cannon just for this car. Also using a foam cannon, now. My wife thinks I am nuts.

A leaf blower just doesn't direct enough concentrated velocity to be useful. Plus, it is dirty air and cumbersome to use. MHO
My wife thinks I'm nuts just because I've washed my car maybe 5 times in 5 months lol.

Man do i regret getting a black blackwing……it just never ends
My last 7 toys were all black, so I completely get it. However, nothing and I mean nothing beats a polished black car. It's unfortunate it's short lived though.

This toy "coming soon" is in Rift, which is going to be a 180 for me, in a good way.

Good luck brother:beer

My last 7 toys were all black, so I completely get it. However, nothing and I mean nothing beats a polished black car. It's unfortunate it's short lived though.

This toy "coming soon" is in Rift, which is going to be a 180 for me, in a good way.

Good luck brother:beer
I felt the exact same way after whiping it down lol.

Attachments

• 81803B4A-320B-4B52-8AD4-D7D73D3DD350.jpeg
    81803B4A-320B-4B52-8AD4-D7D73D3DD350.jpeg
    780.2 KB · Views: 64
I did my first wash over the weekend. Followed some advice here being "touchless". First time use with the foam cannon. That was fun. How long do you guys let it sit before rinsing? I did use my microfiber wash glove to get the bugs off the front. Leaf blower did the trick for drying but the battery was losing steam towards the end. I considered using my air compressor but worried about oil content sprayed onto the paint. I finished with soft compresses with a clean microfiber towel. I've never been so nervous to wash a car. Before I started there wasn't a swirl on her. After clean up, no changes. I'm a happy dude.

I felt the exact same way after whiping it down lol.

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!
I did my first wash over the weekend. Followed some advice here being "touchless". First time use with the foam cannon. That was fun. How long do you guys let it sit before rinsing? I did use my microfiber wash glove to get the bugs off the front. Leaf blower did the trick for drying but the battery was losing steam towards the end. I considered using my air compressor but worried about oil content sprayed onto the paint. I finished with soft compresses with a clean microfiber towel. I've never been so nervous to wash a car. Before I started there wasn't a swirl on her. After clean up, no changes. I'm a happy dude.
Awesome!

BTW- I use a small shop vac to blow off water (I just turn the hose around) as soon as I'm done with the wash

Anyone have a good detailer in/around wilmington DE? Looking to get PPF, cermaic coat, tinting, the works. Thanks

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back