Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V CT5V Blackwing - No Charge Front Splitter Option

CT5-V Model

Daijoubu

Seasoned Member
Every once in a while I go in and look at the configurator (I'm still waiting for a dealer allocation). I never noticed the option for a front splitter. It's different than the carbon fiber option, and oddly it's no charge. There is no visible difference in the image of the front of the car when selecting that option, but that probably doesn't mean much. So, the question is...does selecting this option keep the original plastic splitter that cars have gotten so far? Not selecting the option actually deletes the splitter? Or, is there a totally different plastic splitter that is now available?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-11 19.18.28.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-11 19.18.28.png
    266.9 KB · Views: 144
I recall figuring that out a while back, and I believe that particular item in the configurator is broken. Basically, there's some piece (auto tranny cooler, I think) that requires adding an additional chunk of plastic under the car for airflow.

I'm fairly sure that when you select the 10-spd it's supposed to auto-select that option, but it doesn't. I suspect they won't build the auto car without it- regardless of your selections.

Every once in a while I go in and look at the configurator (I'm still waiting for a dealer allocation). I never noticed the option for a front splitter. It's different than the carbon fiber option, and oddly it's no charge. There is no visible difference in the image of the front of the car when selecting that option, but that probably doesn't mean much. So, the question is...does selecting this option keep the original plastic splitter that cars have gotten so far? Not selecting the option actually deletes the splitter? Or, is there a totally different plastic splitter that is now available?
Correct, if you dont select no splitter. Highly recommend everybody selects.

So you mean to say that the extremely rare VSN option cars, ordered by grandma and only driven on Sundays, will be the ones setting Barrett Jackson records in 40 years?

Correct, if you dont select no splitter. Highly recommend everybody selects.
Whelp there you go- the way the more detailed option information read, it seemed that VP1 was automatically selected, but that VSN was somehow tied to the auto tranny...

VP1 was auto-checked on a generic order w/manual and no selected options that I got from a dealer. I wonder if that's changed? You'd think the option on the config would be spoiler delete, not add given what the car is. (Also, checking the delete option requires watching that old video of Peter Dumbreck's Mercedes at Le Mans and agreeing you're cool with that)

Sewell being awesome as always, they were smart and included VP1 in my order. (I did not get either CF package as I don’t like scraping expensive things).

I guess if it’s ordered without VP1 you get no splitter at all…?

C83341F6-84D7-4089-95D6-FA237C8FFBBF.jpeg
29178EC1-85D1-43B1-9297-F183EF74FDBD.jpeg
3D1E2D09-A37E-43A9-A70E-792CE364A9B0.jpeg

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace