Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing - How Long is the Model Run?

Lateral G

Been lurking here for a while, drooling over the idea of a supercharged V8 with a proper manual. :Steer I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger, it's been less than a year since my last car purchase. Gotta have some restraint, right?

Does anyone know how many years we can expect the current CT5-V Blackwing model will run? I'm assuming more than one or two years given all the R&D that went into the car, but then I saw the CT6 with the blackwing turbocharged motor and thought...well....who knows with Cadillac? ;shrug

Sorry if this has been posted already but I couldn't find an answer.

I read somewhere that it would be a 3 year model run but given the Cadillac's track record and the market is changing, who knows. If you are interested in buying new then I would suggest you place an order and HODL. It will be a while (6-8 months) before you will see the car. Otherwise just wait till they start hitting used lots.

OP, I enquired about the same with GM directly and received the below from Cadillac's Product & Brand Communications team. Naturally plans can change quickly, though encouraging all the same:

"Thanks for reaching out and your excitement around the V-Series Blackwings. I can tell you that it will not be a single model year run. I know there are plans for the products to at least run through 2024MY, and possibly further."

OP, I enquired about the same with GM directly and received the below from Cadillac's Product & Brand Communications team. Naturally plans can change quickly, though encouraging all the same:

"Thanks for reaching out and your excitement around the V-Series Blackwings. I can tell you that it will not be a single model year run. I know there are plans for the products to at least run through 2024MY, and possibly further."
CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think this means youre not supposed to pay ADM unless really itching and just can't wait.

Good they plan on producing a lot. This will kick the after market in gear with performance goodies such as potential tuning, headers, pulleys, etc.
Usually the lower production numbers means the more difficult it is to find parts, body panels, windshields, etc

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back