Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 exhaust

jkg

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2013 V wagon stealth blue (sold, so sad); 2022 CT5 Blackwing
Anyone have any leads on louder exhaust for CT5 blackwing? The stock muffler is gigantic. I am thinking of putting exhaust cutouts just before the muffler, where the pipes turn upwards. I had cutouts on my V2 CTS, and it was OK, not fantastic sound, but the price was right.

Another inexpensive option is to cut open stock muffler and remove packing then weld it shut. I did this on corvette z06 a long time ago. Sounded good outside car but still too tame for me
On my V1 CTs I replaced stock muffler with short glass pack. Could probably be done on black wing with a very short race muffler.
Or wait for aftermarket to come up with something that will probably cost more than $1000. I’m temporarily short on cash.
First world problems …

I wonder if any v3 exhaust systems would work. I saw somewhere that underneath is quite similar. I am also looking for something loader, but will be waiting for a bolt on solution

I don't remember where I saw on-line that a company was already working on fitment designs, etc., with the idea of having this available next year.

Here's my vote for the best bang for the buck. i bought some 2.5" (could have done 3") exhaust cut outs (just the tubing, no motors), and used my hole saw to shape the tubing so it would fit around stock 3" exhaust pipes. then used the same hole saw to make holes in the stock exhaust just before the muffler. then i welded the cutouts in place. can run 3 different ways -- wide open (which is probably what i will do -it's not as loud as you might think), completely blocked off with block off plate (stock sound), or can space open the block off plates with washers, for a controlled exhaust leak. i ran my CTS-V 2013 wide open all the time for years.
DSC00541.JPG

Here's my vote for the best bang for the buck. i bought some 2.5" (could have done 3") exhaust cut outs (just the tubing, no motors), and used my hole saw to shape the tubing so it would fit around stock 3" exhaust pipes. then used the same hole saw to make holes in the stock exhaust just before the muffler. then i welded the cutouts in place. can run 3 different ways -- wide open (which is probably what i will do -it's not as loud as you might think), completely blocked off with block off plate (stock sound), or can space open the block off plates with washers, for a controlled exhaust leak. i ran my CTS-V 2013 wide open all the time for years.View attachment 5991
Need a video for science 😉

Would you prefer in car or from behind car? Truthfully it must be experienced from the drivers seat on the road

Would you prefer in car or from behind car? Truthfully it must be experienced from the drivers seat on the road
I would say both, need to have all the data points to be able to make the appropriate decisions.

Here's my vote for the best bang for the buck. i bought some 2.5" (could have done 3") exhaust cut outs (just the tubing, no motors), and used my hole saw to shape the tubing so it would fit around stock 3" exhaust pipes. then used the same hole saw to make holes in the stock exhaust just before the muffler. then i welded the cutouts in place. can run 3 different ways -- wide open (which is probably what i will do -it's not as loud as you might think), completely blocked off with block off plate (stock sound), or can space open the block off plates with washers, for a controlled exhaust leak. i ran my CTS-V 2013 wide open all the time for years.View attachment 5991
Did you see if its possible to put the cutouts further upstream?

if using full electric cutouts, the space right before the muffler seems to be a good spot - plenty of room and should not stick down below rest of car. also exhaust noise is less annoying if not directly under middle of car (personal experience). i didnt think too much about putting cutouts closer to front of car - but a quick look underneath showed that there is a lot of pipe and i dont see any resonators of converters under the middle of the car. just 2 large exhaust pipes running back, with an X pipe in the middle

here is a video from inside the car during normal driving with cutouts wide open. i think it sounds perfect. it is a little loud from outside - probably louder than most would like, but at this point in my life, i cant always worry about what everyone else thinks

Attachments

• IMG_4336.MOV
    2.7 MB
and here is a brief video from outside the car, at start up, when the engine is racing a bit

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    696.8 KB
here is a video from inside the car during normal driving with cutouts wide open. i think it sounds perfect. it is a little loud from outside - probably louder than most would like, but at this point in my life, i cant always worry about what everyone else thinks
I think both clips sound good, well done sir.:m

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners