Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4 V Blackwing vs CT4 V appearance

I'd still rather have a hood vent for cooling...I know how hot these LT4's can get. At least for the CT5-V

no mention of it other than the standard..."everything we did on these cars is for functionality" my honest guess is that they didn't want to eat the cost of tooling for a new hood when they could just use the base CT5 hood.
In turn, this opens up for aftermarket, however given the "limited production" of these cars I'm just not so sure that any aftermarket company (i.e. Anderson Composites) will want to spend the money in tooling either due to a likely low market demand for such items.

That's a good point, did they explain why there were no hood vents this time around?
From what I understand with the new grill and lower vents a hood vent was not necessary.. Thru the national V-Club that I'm a member of I have been to events with Brandon Vivian and Tony Roma and they talked about the design of the Blackwings and stated that there is no cooling issues with the LT4's in the CT5.. They stated the cars have been thoroughly tested with no problems of heat soak... I like the vent in the CTS-V's but think one in the CT5 would look out of place, now, that might just be because I daily drive a CT5........ I have spoken to club members that saw the new Blackwings in person and they were very impressed with the way they look.... I think once we all get ours we will be happy!

From what I understand with the new grill and lower vents a hood vent was not necessary.. Thru the national V-Club that I'm a member of I have been to events with Brandon Vivian and Tony Roma and they talked about the design of the Blackwings and stated that there is no cooling issues with the LT4's in the CT5.. They stated the cars have been thoroughly tested with no problems of heat soak... I like the vent in the CTS-V's but think one in the CT5 would look out of place, now, that might just be because I daily drive a CT5........ I have spoken to club members that saw the new Blackwings in person and they were very impressed with the way they look.... I think once we all get ours we will be happy!
Steve, please provide a link to the V-Club.

I am really excited about this car...hood vents or not. I like the vent in my CTS-V hood but I think that vent would look out of place on the CT5.....I'm still just worried about cooling issues. My engine won't remain stock for very long so more cooling will likely be a top priority for me. IAT2's can creep up significantly when then weather gets warm here in San Diego.

I am really excited about this car...hood vents or not. I like the vent in my CTS-V hood but I think that vent would look out of place on the CT5.....I'm still just worried about cooling issues. My engine won't remain stock for very long so more cooling will likely be a top priority for me. IAT2's can creep up significantly when then weather gets warm here in San Diego.
Did you read this yet?

View attachment 3110View attachment 3111
Since there still is no configurator available, I put my horrible photoshop skills to use again to try to get a better idea of how my configuration of the Blackwing looks compared to a similar color CT4 V, gotta say I really love how aggressive the Blackwing looks in comparison (gives me similar vibe to going 1LE on a Camaro), although I hope I made the right choice with the bronze calipers. I posted the other caliper options below, thoughts?

View attachment 3112View attachment 3113View attachment 3115
I personally think your photoshop is excellent.......now I need to find someone who can do the 5 in black!

2022-cadillac-ct5-v-blackwing-102-1612196945.jpeg

The fender vents are functional, nothing fake, all authentic on these cars. Lots of details on vehicles but when we get a chance to look at the underside that is where the magic in the front happens and what drove no need for a hood vent.

#IWorkForGM
Everything expressed here is my personal opinion and not that of Cadillac or GM.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back