Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Blackwing Tuning Update from Tapout

WONT TAP

Seasoned Member
Supporting Vendor
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2016 ATS-V A8, 2018 ATS-V M6, 2022 CT4-V Blackwing A10
We just wanted to give you a little taste of what we've been doing with our CT4-V Blackwing.....

100% OEM drivability aspects have been maintained below 3,500 rpm. Above 70 to 80% accelerator pedal position, things are starting to get ridiculously FUN! At WOT in Track mode, the A10 cars upshift between 6,400 and 6,500 rpm, so you're always running between 4,700 and 6,500 rpm. We have significantly modified the powerband between 4,000 and 6,500 rpm to cover both the A10 and M6 cars.

Tuning is nearly complete. We just have a few small items left to resolve. All details of our CT4-V Blackwing Performance Packages will be announced in the near future.

Stay tuned!

CT4-V Blackwing 411 to 568 whp.png

Last edited:
We just wanted to give you a little taste of what we've been doing with our CT4-V Blackwing.....

100% OEM drivability aspects have been maintained below 3,500 rpm. Above 70 to 80% accelerator pedal position, things things are starting to get ridiculously FUN! At WOT in Track mode, the A10 cars upshift between 6,400 and 6,500 rpm, so you're always running between 4,700 and 6,500 rpm. We have significantly modified the powerband between 4,000 and 6,500 rpm to cover both the A10 and M6 cars.

Tuning is nearly complete. We just have a few small items left to resolve. All details of our CT4-V Blackwing Performance Packages will be announced in the near future.

Stay tuned!

View attachment 7243
Are you tuning the A10 (TCM) as well?

Last edited:
I'm in a holding pattern to start shopping for a 4BW. This is not helping my itch.

Are you on pump 91/93 or flex fuel? Any other mods outside of the tune?

100% OEM drivability aspects have been maintained below 3,500 rpm. Above 70 to 80% accelerator pedal position, things are starting to get ridiculously FUN! At WOT in Track mode, the A10 cars upshift between 6,400 and 6,500 rpm, so you're always running between 4,700 and 6,500 rpm. We have significantly modified the powerband between 4,000 and 6,500 rpm to cover both the A10 and M6 cars.

Stay tuned!

View attachment 7243
Also, please correct me if I'm wrong but, aren't we talking all tune in OEM configuration with no aftermarket components added?

Last edited:
Also, please correct me if I'm wrong but, aren't we talking all tune in OEm configuration with no aftermarket components added?
Scott did say "Performance Packages" so that tells me more than one, and likely needing some mods to achieve these latest numbers. Fingers crossed the latest dyno is on pump and not E85 and/or meth.

Here's what I am wondering.

The ATS-V, all of them had the titanium con rods.

The Blackwing, only the manual gets them.

So I assume you will need to be a bit less aggressive, maybe less timing etc on your 10psd auto.
From there, would you have a tweaked tune, maybe a teense more aggressive for the manual cars?

Here's what I am wondering.

The ATS-V, all of them had the titanium con rods.

The Blackwing, only the manual gets them.

So I assume you will need to be a bit less aggressive, maybe less timing etc on your 10psd auto.
From there, would you have a tweaked tune, maybe a teense more aggressive for the manual cars?

I dont think you can make that assumption. Steel is actually stronger than Titanium (other than some less common alloys of each), titanium is just significantly less dense. If your looking for an application where weight matters, like the rotational inertial response of the connecting rods or the longerons in an aircraft, titanium is absolutely better. But if the rods are the exact same cross-section, the steel ones are usually stronger.

I dont think you can make that assumption. Steel is actually stronger than Titanium (other than some less common alloys of each), titanium is just significantly less dense. If your looking for an application where weight matters, like the rotational inertial response of the connecting rods or the longerons in an aircraft, titanium is absolutely better. But if the rods are the exact same cross-section, the steel ones are usually stronger.
Well then, considering the ATS-V's LF4 has done 600whp easily, then theoretically the BlackWing Autos could handle MORE boost? And yes, I was confusing the lightweight advantage of the titanium con rods with overall strength.

Wow, +170 lb-ft! I wonder what that is going to do to all the downstream components- clutch, diff, drive shaft, axles, etc.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back