Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Blackwing Products Coming Soon from Tapout Tuning!

WONT TAP

Seasoned Member
Supporting Vendor
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2016 ATS-V A8, 2018 ATS-V M6, 2022 CT4-V Blackwing A10
Here are some updates for you guys...

CT4-V Blackwing catless downpipes are now IN STOCK, and all pre-orders shipped July 6. CT4-V Blackwing catted downpipes pre-orders should ship by July 29.

Global B DTC Assassin pre-orders are shipping today, July 7.

CT4-V Blackwing extra aero rear spoilers and dive planes pre-orders, in two different finishes, should ship by July 15. Our new carbon fiber engine covers will be here next week as well. We are still working on other carbon fiber parts, but these will take time due to sample availability constraints.

CT4-V Blackwing White Belt (465 to 500 whp) and Blue Belt (500 to 550 whp) Performance Packages ordering window should be officially open by July 15, and available for local installation by August 5. Purple Belt (550 to 600 whp) and Brown Belt (650 to 700 whp) levels won't be too far behind.

CT4-V Blackwing lowering springs are designed and prototypes should arrive next month. We should have these in production for you by the end of this year.

We have three potential CT4-V Blackwing hood design prototypes en route to us right now. We need to verify fitment, and test stability at ultra high speeds before these go into production.

There are a few other surprises coming too, but I'm not at liberty to say what these are just yet...

Last edited:
Just to confirm, does the external tuner you're using clear or not clear CEL? If it doesn't clear CEL then how soon have you found that the car will post a CEL for the catless pipes after it's cleared?

Just to confirm, does the external tuner you're using clear or not clear CEL? If it doesn't clear CEL then how soon have you found that the car will post a CEL for the catless pipes after it's cleared?
With catless downpipes, the Check Engine Light seems to set (for DTCs P0420 and 0430) anywhere between 10 and 50 miles. As of today, we don't have access to the precise logic used by GM on this.

As this moment, the only way we have to clear DTCs is via the DTC Assassin. However, it might be possible to circumvent the Check Engine light with some derivative of secondary oxygen sensor relocation.

When will non local people be able to order tuning services?
We're planning to do the first ten or so of each performance package in person, at our facility and on the dyno. By then we hope to have good way figured out to propagate these tunes remotely.

Is the CF spoiler a direct drop in on non-CF blackwings? I guess I'm asking if the CF and non-CF spoilers have the same mounting holes/locations on the trunk. I definitely want to pick one of these up later in the year.

How has the exact match on the carbon pieces been validated?
As they are functional pieces, have you been able to verify the same downforce numbers Cadillac have?

As someone who'd have liked a CF1, they are certainly bits I'd be interested in.

How has the exact match on the carbon pieces been validated?
As they are functional pieces, have you been able to verify the same downforce numbers Cadillac have?

As someone who'd have liked a CF1, they are certainly bits I'd be interested in.
Yes, they are exact matches of the OEM parts, available in two different carbon fiber finishes.

No, sorry, but we don't have a good way to measure downforce.

Are there any updates on compatibility for the carbon parts on cars that were not equipped with the CF1 package? I'm hoping to be able to go this route, but I understand there are differences in mounting hardware on the CF1 and base spoilers, and the bumpers obviously have differences as well.

The OEM splitter and dive planes will not fit on a non CF1 front facia without modifications. Either the parts need to be adapted to the facia, or in the case of the dive planes, a drill template and backing clip mounts will need to be made.

Per the service guys at Sewell the front facia removal is fairly involved because it's secured at so many points.

How would you do a drill template for the canards when they use wide rectangular tabs? Someone broke one of theirs off at a track day so I got to see how they mount. I just don't see mounting these to a non CF bumper unless the canard mounts themselves were redesigned for that purpose.

How would you do a drill template for the canards when they use wide rectangular tabs? Someone broke one of theirs off at a track day so I got to see how they mount. I just don't see mounting these to a non CF bumper unless the canard mounts themselves were redesigned for that purpose.
That's why I said it's going to take more than just obtaining the oem parts. The facia of a non CF1 car will have to be cut/drilled if canards are to be added. For that to be done accurately and repeatably, a template will be needed.

Moreover the backmounting clips will need to replicate the reinforced areas on the back of the CF1 facias.

It can be done but it's not going to be plug and play. Those who do it are going need a little time and determination to do it right.

The OEM splitter and dive planes will not fit on a non CF1 front facia without modifications. Either the parts need to be adapted to the facia, or in the case of the dive planes, a drill template and backing clip mounts will need to be made.

Per the service guys at Sewell the front facia removal is fairly involved because it's secured at so many points.
Thanks, I figured as much. I'd read that there were reinforcements in the CF1 bumper but wasn't sure what modifications may be necessary.

Has anyone mounted the CF1 spoiler on a non CF1 equipped car? Do the existing mounting holes line up with the spoiler, or would you need to drill additional holes to match up with the extra mounting points on the carbon spoiler?

Has anyone mounted the CF1 spoiler on a non CF1 equipped car? Do the existing mounting holes line up with the spoiler, or would you need to drill additional holes to match up with the extra mounting points on the carbon spoiler?

You have to drill additional holes but the existing match up. So it's probably the easiest one of the mentioned items to install.

Are there any updates on compatibility for the carbon parts on cars that were not equipped with the CF1 package? I'm hoping to be able to go this route, but I understand there are differences in mounting hardware on the CF1 and base spoilers, and the bumpers obviously have differences as well.
We can confirm that the carbon fiber rear spoiler will mount directly to the deck lid of the non-carbon fiber package CT4-V Blackwings. We worked directly with a customer to confirm that this is the case. The included weather stripping on the bottom of the spoiler is slightly thicker than OEM, however it can easily be replaced with a similar but thinner 3M weather stripping product if you feel it is necessary. This will be updated on future production runs.

Has the hood been mocked up to a test car yet? Very eager to see how it's going to look seeing an ATSV styled hood onto a 4V BW

Not yet, sorry. These things always take much more time and money than we plan. I promise that we'll keep everyone posted though.

Any word on the front spoiler? What's the chance of it fitting a non-CF1 bumper or making one that does?

Front splitter cost came in way higher than we had anticipated. Turns out the OEM front splitter is not all carbon fiber, like the rear spoiler and dive planes. So we are in the process of starting over, and this time will be quoting it just like the OEM piece. We're probably still two or three months out on these.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners