Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4 Jacking points

Harris

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4 Blackwing
Where can I find the jacking points for my CT4? I have a Quick-Jack I will be using to lift it.

Thanks,Gary

It’s not in the owner’s manual?

Instead of starting a new thread, I am piggy backing this.

I read the large thread, but it's a mix of CT5 folks.

Besides quickjacks, how are you guys jacking you Ct4 BW?

Instead of starting a new thread, I am piggy backing this.

I read the large thread, but it's a mix of CT5 folks.

Besides quickjacks, how are you guys jacking you Ct4 BW?
Grooved hockey puck and a regular floor jack. Use the groove on the rear chassis brace, and as a regular pad on the front flat.

Havent found a reason to get all 4 off the floor at once, Race Ramps for oil changes and a floor jack with a grooved piece of wood or rubber if I ever need to do the brakes.

The pinch welds are where they say to jack from but once you get under the car you can see the circular cutouts in the frame with rubber marks from where the little robots at the factory lifted from to move the car around during assembly.

Havent found a reason to get all 4 off the floor at once, Race Ramps for oil changes and a floor jack with a grooved piece of wood or rubber if I ever need to do the brakes.

The pinch welds are where they say to jack from but once you get under the car you can see the circular cutouts in the frame with rubber marks from where the little robots at the factory lifted from to move the car around during assembly.
The circular cutouts with the rubber marks were to move the body around at the factory, but not the completed car. That area will crush if you use it to jack the car up.

The circular cutouts with the rubber marks were to move the body around at the factory, but not the completed car. That area will crush if you use it to jack the car up.

Dunno about that, this ATS looks awful completed to me but I agree it looks to be supported in multiple places

Lansing ATS

Dunno about that, this ATS looks awful completed to me but I agree it looks to be supported in multiple places

Lansing ATS

Don't use those spots

IRT CT4 in general, Mirza did provide a pretty detailed description of where to lift from
https://www.cadillacvnet.com/forums/threads/jacking-up-your-blackwing.2554/page-19#post-87315
https://www.cadillacvnet.com/forums/threads/jacking-up-your-blackwing.2554/page-19#post-88160

Don't use those spots

IRT CT4 in general, Mirza did provide a pretty detailed description of where to lift from
https://www.cadillacvnet.com/forums/threads/jacking-up-your-blackwing.2554/page-19#post-87315
https://www.cadillacvnet.com/forums/threads/jacking-up-your-blackwing.2554/page-19#post-88160

Uh that dude says you can use those spots to jack from or for a jack stand since they hold the entire weight of the vehicle during production...Id put a pad between the top of a stand and the car and I do prefer his method of a lifting block against the inner edge of the pinch weld but those factory locating spots are plenty strong for a jack stand or jack.

Lansing ATS
I'll guarantee you will get crushing if you jack on those spots only. My local dealer unwittingly proved that on my car. :(

This is evidence of bad things happening jacking on those cutout spots. Maybe can avoid damage with a large enough pad to reach the edges of it and only lifting one corner of the car, but it's not the location listed by GM.

The CT4 jacking points are in the Service Manual, and I posted here previously:

4BW -- I tested 3 brands/types of pinch weld adapters, 2 sizes of rubber jack pads, and my old trusty hockey puck sandwich last week. I think that I finally found what works best for lifting these one corner at a time. It's not a perfect science, but it works for my wheel swapping/detailing needs.

Later today (or tomorrow) I will make a thread to end all questions on lifting a 4BW including links to amazon. Pads, placement, what other equipment I used, etc. I have to swap my lug nuts to some black open ended ones so it will be a good opportunity to take some pics and share.

The combination of utter confusion alongside a mish mosh of 4BW and 5BW information had my head spinning. I will save you all the pain. There was absolutely no need for that much confusion -- It was truly very easy and any owner should be confident doing this on their own.

My local body shop sent me these pics.

CT4 Front.jpg
CT4 Rear.jpg
CT4 Front Jack.jpg

4BW -- I tested 3 brands/types of pinch weld adapters, 2 sizes of rubber jack pads, and my old trusty hockey puck sandwich last week. I think that I finally found what works best for lifting these one corner at a time. It's not a perfect science, but it works for my wheel swapping/detailing needs.

Later today (or tomorrow) I will make a thread to end all questions on lifting a 4BW including links to amazon. Pads, placement, what other equipment I used, etc. I have to swap my lug nuts to some black open ended ones so it will be a good opportunity to take some pics and share.

The combination of utter confusion alongside a mish mosh of 4BW and 5BW information had my head spinning. I will save you all the pain. There was absolutely no need for that much confusion -- It was truly very easy and any owner should be confident doing this on their own.
Much appreciated!!!!

Thank you. Apparently I'm dumb because despite doing all maintenance and mods on cars for decades, trying to find an easy, secure way to lift this car makes me feel stupid. I'm holding out hope that ZL1 Addons will make a lifting pad solution for us, but until then I'll await your write up.

And until THEN, I'll keep sketching myself out with my quickjack rig:

Attachments

• PXL_20231023_013422909.jpg
    PXL_20231023_013422909.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 59

Any updates on this? Curious about your solution, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

sorry for the delay fellas work really caught up to me this week

This will be posted later today, I took all the pictures last night and it took me some time to figure out how to present my findings, but I think a PDF is be the best way (will be printable)

posted

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners