Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Clutch chatter

Dalyons03

Seasoned Member
Anyone get chatter when starting from dead stop and with no throttle?

CT4 if it matters.

Wondering if I should slip clutch to try to smooth it out.

I mildly notice this first thing in the morning when pulling out of my driveway. I don't really notice it after that, though. 5BW

Anyone get chatter when starting from dead stop and with no throttle?

CT4 if it matters.

Wondering if I should slip clutch to try to smooth it out.
Do you typically start from a dead stop by releasing the clutch with no throttle? I don't think I've ever done that except as a learning tool when teaching someone to drive stick.

On my Mustang no I don’t. On my CT4 been trying different things. Car automatically adds revs when you start releasing clutch and much easier to get away than my Mustang is.

Been trying to limit the chatter and going to see if it’s just when cold. Car only has 100 miles on it so still learning

Could the chatter actually coming from the dual mass flywheel, rather than the clutch?

I don't know much about them. But a little reading online found some people talking about dual mass flywheels. rattling when cold and being quieter when warmed up.

Flywheel is usually the problem when there is clutch chatter. Warped fly wheels was a serious problem on the 2007 and 2008 GT 500 Mustangs took Ford 4 separate TSBs to finally get it right. I know, they replaced my clutch 3 times!

Update

I have been adding a little throttle from dead stop and slower on clutch release and it’s 80 percent better. I still get some on some take offs and have decided I am ok with it.

Thought of dealer tearing it apart doesn’t sound very appealing :)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back