Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Brembos squealing like a bus…?

Beamz27

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4V BW
Anyone else have their brembos squealing like a darn school bus especially on hotter days? Mine are squealing like all hell just driving around town at lower speeds on my CT4 V BW.

I’ve had 6 cars w brembos now. 3 of them had the same prob while the other 3 didn’t. I know the caddy dealer will likely say “high performance brakes do that” but I’m not going to settle for that knowing I’ve had other GM performance cars with brembos and zero brake squeal.

Just curious if anyone else is having the same issue?

No squeal on my 5. Prior V3 developed it at a point and lubing the pad edges took care of it.

Last edited:
Anyone else have their brembos squealing like a darn school bus especially on hotter days? Mine are squealing like all hell just driving around town at lower speeds on my CT4 V BW.

I’ve had 6 cars w brembos now. 3 of them had the same prob while the other 3 didn’t. I know the caddy dealer will likely say “high performance brakes do that” but I’m not going to settle for that knowing I’ve had other GM performance cars with brembos and zero brake squeal.

Just curious if anyone else is having the same issue?
Have you tried making a few hard stops when it does it? Use to happen on my M2, usually after a wash, and that always did the trick

No squeal on my 5. Prior V3 developed it at a point and lubing the pad edges took car of it.
I’ve had other cars where caddy or Chevy used some sort of copper paste which seemed to have worked temporarily. Usually it resulted in new pads to fix.

Have you tried making a few hard stops when it does it? Use to happen on my M2, usually after a wash, and that always did the trick
Yea did that a few times now w no fix. Sounds like it’s mostly from the rears

My previous 3 cars with Brembos had this happen on and off. I fully expect the same from the BW.

Break out a power washer and clean them out. Works every time for me.

My previous 3 cars with Brembos had this happen on and off. I fully expect the same from the BW.
I’ve had 3 w brake squeal and 3 w no brake squeal. A little brake squeal is fine. But school bud type brake noise while driving through the neighborhood is not lol

I’ve had 3 w brake squeal and 3 w no brake squeal. A little brake squeal is fine. But school bud type brake noise while driving through the neighborhood is not lol
Luckily servicing pads alone on Brembos is cake. If they're really bad, you can just pull the pads out and grease the shims.

Luckily servicing pads alone on Brembos is cake. If they're really bad, you can just pull the pads out and grease the shims.
That was the fix for my Brembo's on my Evo back in the day. Just make sure to put the grease between the pad and the shim, not rotor and pad like I heard horror stories of.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back