Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Quarantines

ElastomerGuy

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Anyone know if GM is quarantining the Blackwings that they've built for quality assurance review, etc? Is there anything special being done with these vehicles that would delay their delivery to the dealer? I'm just trying to figure out if I will be waiting 2 weeks for delivery or 2 months.
Thanks in advance for any insight that can be provided.

Don't know the answer to your question, but also wonder why there is no media coverage of the production...not print or digital coverage. While not exactly cutting edge (ie., very similar to the CTV and ATV) it is surprising that we hear nothing but crickets about our cars!

WingNut:
I agree, seems like marketing has been lacking. I wonder if it has anything to do with the semiconductor shortage and other parts shortages. Perhaps GM was not sure they'd be able to amass the necessary parts to build the cars when they said they would. So, why hype a vehicle that may not show up at the time that it was supposed to? That would be a big marketing faux pas.
The shortages bring up another question that I've had in my mind for many months. Our company is TS16949 and ISO 9001 certified. I think all of the companies doing business with the auto companies need to be certified to TS16949. One of the requirements of that standard is that you have a contingency plan in place to insure uninterrupted supply of parts to the automakers. Given this requirement, I don't understand how there can be any parts shortages. There should have been contingency plans in place assuming suppliers are TS16949 certified. Why are there? Maybe some of the more enlightened members here can shed some light on this for me.

If I were to guess, I would think that a global pandemic wasn't taken into consideration when the TS16949 standard was drafted. JMHO
Yeah, with the way 2020/2021 has gone you'd need a contingency for the contingency for the contingency. As frustrating as all of this is, I do get it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back