Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Production End Date?

Yup, that's what I've been saying. 2024 will be the end. Camaro is supposed to be done 2024, so same platform, plant, etc. They will need the plant for something electric. Glad I have mine!
One thing you aren't thinking about...China.

From memory the CT4 & 5 posted large sales gains there recently.

That alone could keep the sedans going longer than the Camaro.

One thing you aren't thinking about...China.

From memory the CT4 & 5 posted large sales gains there recently.

That alone could keep the sedans going longer than the Camaro.
Hmmm, is that insider info leaked? That is true, they kept the CT6 around for China

The EV push here isn't what it is in many other major countries. Caddy can keep selling to them as they realize they aren't going to save the planet by an idiotic move like banning gas powered cars. Besides, they could keep naming the next year an extra special edition that one of us suckers will slurp up.

Hmmm, is that insider info leaked? That is true, they kept the CT6 around for China
While total sales dropped in Q2 (no Q3 data yet I think), multiple reports say the CT5 is firmly established as the top sedan choice and has good #s.

We are in the honeymoon/low hanging fruit phase of BEV, its going to get a LOT more messy before it gets better. The Tesla supercharger network is amazing yet it's still a mild inconvenience to leave the range of our home charger. It can be a real PITA if you're on a popular route on a weekend or holiday. I would never be interested in a brand that doesn't have a network like Telsa does. Its a major competitive advantage for Tesla and a major hurdle for everyone else.

There is a percent of BEV buyers that just want to virtue signal and are totally accepting of any inconveniences. After that group is at capacity, you're going to see some interesting things happen and I predict the OEM's that are completely abandoning ICE are going to regret that choice. As mentioned above, the Mustang is funding BEV for Ford, a 6th Gen ICE Camaro (and refreshed BW's) that improves on the current shortcomings would do the same for GM.

The reality is we are all going to end up having both ICE and BEV and use them in a different ways. 100% BEV adoption is going to take many decades when major technological and infrastructure developments catch up to the political hyperventilating.

Best wishes Cadillac!

As mentioned above, the Mustang is funding BEV for Ford, a 6th Gen ICE Camaro (and refreshed BW's) that improves on the current shortcomings would do the same for GM.

We have a whole EV thread, so don't want to tangent here, but this needs correcting (unless you forgot to add Mach-E). It is the opposite of what you say. It is this:

"Ironically, the success of the electric Mustang Mach-E is what is enabling Ford to keep selling the ICE based Mustangs. Ford is now starting to sell more Mustang Mach-Es than ICE based Mustangs."

We have a whole EV thread, so don't want to tangent here, but this needs correcting (unless you forgot to add Mach-E). It is the opposite of what you say. It is this:

"Ironically, the success of the electric Mustang Mach-E is what is enabling Ford to keep selling the ICE based Mustangs. Ford is now starting to sell more Mustang Mach-Es than ICE based Mustangs."
Exactly, Ford said it. Without the successful sales of the Mach-E there would be no 7th gen ICE based Mustang with a 5.0L. Without the Mach-E sales they wouldn't meet their emissions targets across the fleet.

This is what frustrates me about GM. I don't care if they build a bunch of EVs but I wish they wouldn't totally abandon all the ICE based products. From a business perspective, sure it will cost more to have two production lines but you would think that cost would be offset by the capturing more of the total addressable market, ICE and EV buyers.

When the Camaro program sunsets then the Cadillac BWs sunset as well, which only leaves the C8 Corvette that doesn't even offer a manual transmission.

No, I like my job too much.

I have seen external articles which showed sales numbers for the 4 & 5 in China being way up.

Its not insider info to know how critical China is for a market, especialling sedans which contrast to the decline of the US.

I am just putting two and two together.

No, I like my job too much.

I have seen external articles which showed sales numbers for the 4 & 5 in China being way up.

Its not insider info to know how critical China is for a market, especialling sedans which contrast to the decline of the US.

I am just putting two and two together.

I think Jameson just accidently let slip that all future Blackwings are going to made in China.

Your LT4 is handbuilt by 賃金

I think build quality might be actually better?

I think Jameson just accidently let slip that all future Blackwings are going to made in China.

Your LT4 is handbuilt by 賃金

I think build quality might be actually better?
I think 黑翼 would be a more fitting engine signature.

Or BW production ends but the CT4/5 carry on?

It also said blackwings don't get the refresh... could be like the '14/'15 cts-v which held on a little while the regular cts changed, or that there will be no more blackwing in 2024....

Seeing some info saying Lansing Grand River is going to be producing the E Corvette in 2026 along with an E Cadillac sedan and an E Buick vehicle. "Let that sink in" as Elon would say. :LOL:

Guessing they would probably need a good amount of time to retool the plant.

Seeing some info saying Lansing Grand River is going to be producing the E Corvette in 2026 along with an E Cadillac sedan and an E Buick vehicle. "Let that sink in" as Elon would say. :LOL:

Guessing they would probably need a good amount of time to retool the plant.

Yup, E Vette SUVs scheduled to start production May 2026 at the plant our BWs are being made. You're right, retooling will take some time.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back