Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:

Z06DNA

There’s no way the dealers have any pull with the factory on the issue. Plant managers and engineers cars are getting held up like the rest of ours. Plus we have way too many die hard enthusiasts that work at dealers…if they could do anything they would. I know for a fact my my sales rep would go pick the damn car up from Lansing if she could. It’s not a dealer issue, it’s a production/logistics issue.

Likuid

Seasoned Member
I have a general question for this thread: I'm at 3000, TPW is 5/30. How many days prior to the TPW date should I expect the code to change to 3100 i.e. showing some progress? Thanks!
Pretty sure mine skipped from 3000 to 3400. If it was any status in-between it was for a very short period of time. I don't know if I have ever seen a 3100 or 3300 on Rob's list.

I think mine was 3400 for at least a month before my TPW and my car didn't turn to 3800 until 2 weeks after the TPW, but to be fair the factory was shut down that first week after my TPW.

The major status sequence I have seen the most is 1100 -> 2000 -> 3000 -> 3400 -> 3800 -> 4000 -> 4B00/4D00/4300 (bouncing around between these) -> 4200 -> 4800 (if train shipped) -> 5000.

Finally-a-V

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4 V Blackwing
My bet is slower...for sure.
I probably should have clarified what I meant. Slower in general due to needing a full carrier and depending on where they are going, in normal times. What I meant was, the way they are sitting in the parking lot of doom, it might be faster.

Jameson's Viggen

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V BlackWing
More.... They could do more lol
I was with my sales guy yesterday to buy my wife's CT4.

He feels helpless and powerless. He checks the VinView EVERY day and has reached out to the regional rep for more info and updates. None of us know anything more to do than he already has.

I flexed the only muscle I knew how to as a GM employee and asked internally for help and info this week. I got more insight than anything else I had in weeks. But still no one can say WHEN I will get my car. I made it as far as talking to the manager of the Lansing plant/operations/logistics. I was informed my car was only held up for one week due to QC issues that were remedied. Its not waiting on any parts. Its just shipping at this point.

6spdcaddy

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
5V BW
Dealer said today, for all of us being pushed to 2023, that they are dropping Shadow Metallic and replacing with a new darker similar grey. Anyone else hear this? Any other feedback on options (seats, wheels etc..) that have changed?
My 2023 order was "supposedly" placed today, is that even possible yet?

Throat Yogurt

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing (on order) N0460548
I was with my sales guy yesterday to buy my wife's CT4.

He feels helpless and powerless. He checks the VinView EVERY day and has reached out to the regional rep for more info and updates. None of us know anything more to do than he already has.

I flexed the only muscle I knew how to as a GM employee and asked internally for help and info this week. I got more insight than anything else I had in weeks. But still no one can say WHEN I will get my car. I made it as far as talking to the manager of the Lansing plant/operations/logistics. I was informed my car was only held up for one week due to QC issues that were remedied. Its not waiting on any parts. Its just shipping at this point.
Interesting. Did you get a sense that your car being held up for QC issues was a common thing? Was that described as being out of the ordinary? Can you please post his/her phone number publicly? :D

6spdcaddy

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
5V BW
Rob- Just received my 2023 order # : BRBT9N, can you please add it-

NVM. Sorry Rob. Just read your alert. We appreciate all you do

Last edited:

Seth

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Waiting on 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Dealer said today, for all of us being pushed to 2023, that they are dropping Shadow Metallic and replacing with a new darker similar grey. Anyone else hear this? Any other feedback on options (seats, wheels etc..) that have changed?
My 2023 order was "supposedly" placed today, is that even possible yet?

Yup, the new colors for 23 are Radiant Red Tintcoat, Maverick Noir Frost, Argent Silver Metallic, and Midnight Steel Metallic. Check out the 2023 Order Guides thread for more of the changes. No real major changes.

sfvagon

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing MT (Current), 2012 CTS-V Wagon MT (past)
My sales advisor just told me that ALL cars held at the plant/autoport are on indefinite hold with no ETA. "The location and its surroundings are currently congested at this time".

60v2s4z7xf061.jpg

I'm not in a hurry - I think I'm just going to forget about this for a bit and get a nice surprise when I receive the call in a month or two.

However, if I put a tin foil hat on, it's interesting that the Jack Cooper tracker went dark and now nothing is being delivered out of the plant for the foreseeable future...

Jameson's Viggen

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V BlackWing
Interesting. Did you get a sense that your car being held up for QC issues was a common thing? Was that described as being out of the ordinary? Can you please post his/her phone number publicly? :D
LOL

No, I am not joepardizing my job or good standing. We all have some perks specific to our job, I had one here lol.

It was indicated that nothing about my car is out of typical for any car sitting and waiting at AutoSport.

StuckeyGR

My CT4VBW had a TPW of 5/16 but so far had still been sitting at 3400, and I noticed a few of the other 5/16 CT4VBW’s were the same. I decided to check with Cadillac chat (first time, I’ve been trying not to obsess on this) and they told me my order is at 4000 - available to ship! Seems too good to be true, although I know that’s just moving me into the next stage of the rodeo. Now to see how long it can possibly take for the 60 mile journey from Lansing to my dealer in Grand Rapids! Anyone want to set the over/under?

sfvagon

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
My CT4VBW had a TPW of 5/16 but so far had still been sitting at 3400, and I noticed a few of the other 5/16 CT4VBW’s were the same. I decided to check with Cadillac chat (first time, I’ve been trying not to obsess on this) and they told me my order is at 4000 - available to ship! Seems too good to be true, although I know that’s just moving me into the next stage of the rodeo. Now to see how long it can possibly take for the 60 mile journey from Lansing to my dealer in Grand Rapids! Anyone want to set the over/under?
My sales advisor just told me that ALL cars held at the plant/autoport are on indefinite hold with no ETA. "The location and its surroundings are currently congested at this time".

sfvagon

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
WHY??? All of this is nuttier than a X-Mas fruitcake!
I'm going into wild speculation mode but it's interesting that the Jack Cooper shipping tracker went dark around this time too. Could be anything from a system crash and they lost track of all their inventory, to some problem with Jack Cooper contract, staff etc. Whatever it is, my guess is that it will not be quick to resolve.

MrsCTS-V

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2013 CTS-V Wagon (Manual)
The "congested" reason has been around for a long time. And labeling it as "indefinite" simply means they can't tell us when a specific car will be shipped - which is "situation normal" for the goat rodeo. I wouldn't read too much into that answer.

Win a CT5-V Blackwing!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Top Bottom