Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Battery Tender, cigarette adapter

Hall1836

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Searched and found many comments re Battery Tender. On my Corvettes I was able to hook the Tender up through the Cigarette port using, Battery Tender adapter. Can that be used on the CT4 Blackwing (2022). Dealer said to only hook it up directly to the battery. Any help would be appreciated. Hall

Searched and found many comments re Battery Tender. On my Corvettes I was able to hook the Tender up through the Cigarette port using, Battery Tender adapter. Can that be used on the CT4 Blackwing (2022). Dealer said to only hook it up directly to the battery. Any help would be appreciated. Hall
Following. I have that set up on my 911 and it's very convenient vs. hooking up to battery.

I just went to the battery. Being in the trunk isn't much hassle.

On my SS, there we're + and - jumper cable/booster lugs under the hood. I hooked to those and it was fine. I assume the 5BW has these too?

On my SS, there we're + and - jumper cable/booster lugs under the hood. I hooked to those and it was fine. I assume the 5BW has these too?
Same on my ZL1 1LE.

Yup, it has remote terminals also.

Attachments

• IMG_4609.jpg
    IMG_4609.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4610.jpg
    IMG_4610.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4612.jpg
    IMG_4612.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 124
The OEM chargers between Corvettes (at least C7) and 4BW have different ends and I don't know how feasible it is to swap them. The 4BW has points for the clamps under the hood, front driver-side.

Dealer told me not to use the jump points. Called Deltran battery tender company. They told to check which tender I had(1.25Amp) said that was not enough amp for newer cars with more electronics. Recommended 3,4,5 amp tender. They said it should work through the lighter, however they then told me to hook it up, if the red light came on and was steady you could use the cigarette outlet. If the red light blinks you can't use the tender. Hooked up as they said and the light was flashing not steady and cigarette port should not be used. How hard is it to get to the positive post on the battery in that small opening? Negative post is easy how do you get to the postive post. Mine has electronics over the post, can you make room after loosening the battery hold down?

Dealer told me not to use the jump points. Called Deltran battery tender company. They told to check which tender I had(1.25Amp) said that was not enough amp for newer cars with more electronics. Recommended 3,4,5 amp tender. They said it should work through the lighter, however they then told me to hook it up, if the red light came on and was steady you could use the cigarette outlet. If the red light blinks you can't use the tender. Hooked up as they said and the light was flashing not steady and cigarette port should not be used. How hard is it to get to the positive post on the battery in that small opening? Negative post is easy how do you get to the postive post. Mine has electronics over the post, can you make room after loosening the battery hold down?
My charger has been working now for over a year with no issues, and as far as how hard it is to get to the connections I would not know because my Cadillac dealer wired it for me as a courtesy..

My charger has been working now for over a year with no issues, and as far as how hard it is to get to the connections I would not know because my Cadillac dealer wired it for me as a courtesy..
How did the dealer wire it? I'm going to be trickle charging mine over the winter and I thought you were always supposed to use the battery terminals directly. It was a pain in my bmw because it was under the center of the trunk and somewhat awkward to access and keep propped open. The cadillac location is much easier.

How did the dealer wire it? I'm going to be trickle charging mine over the winter and I thought you were always supposed to use the battery terminals directly. It was a pain in my bmw because it was under the center of the trunk and somewhat awkward to access and keep propped open. The cadillac location is much easier.
Mine is directly wired to the battery with a quick disconnect.. (see above pic)

Is there is a reason to prefer connecting directly to the battery, as opposed to the jump points under the hood? Why would the electrons care??? I've been connecting to the jump points, on the occasions when I know I'm going to let the car sit for a while.

Is there is a reason to prefer connecting directly to the battery, as opposed to the jump points under the hood? Why would the electrons care??? I've been connecting to the jump points, on the occasions when I know I'm going to let the car sit for a while.
Probably an incorrect assumption on my part when I started trickling the bmw over the winter. I figured trickle needed to be directly at the battery. Reading this thread tells me if I had bothered to do a quick google search years ago I would have had my answer and not had to deal with accessing the battery at all. Live and learn.....

I used jump points on my Vagon for years with no issues. Few weeks in the 5bw seemed fine as well.

If the intent of the jump points under the hood is to hundreds of amps to jump start the car, its a perfectly suitable point to connect a 1a maintainer as its a direct path to the battery.

It's not the only point, but its the one I choose. Also, If you're car can't be maintained while parked with a potential 1a charge, then you have some issues.

I use a NOCO 1a maintainer in my ram and it has dual H7 sized batteries and its always ready to go.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners