Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Apex Group Buy

Mcard23

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing 86-048

Looks like Apex finally has Blackwing fitments in their forged line and are doing a group buy. Considering picking a set up since I already have two slightly bent OEM wheels and have no clue where that happened.

OH YEAH! Love me some Apex. Just sold both sets of my Camaro fitment. Been looking for an excuse to get the forged ones.

Looks like Apex finally has Blackwing fitments in their forged line and are doing a group buy. Considering picking a set up since I already have two slightly bent OEM wheels and have no clue where that happened.
Just went and poked around on their site...

And saw the Cadillac drop down. But no fitment advice. Did you happen to talk to anyone there? I see they have 11" and 12" wide in rear ET's. I wonder if they were able to get more tire in the wells?

Well, I went in to configure my deal and they aren't listing the 5BW as an available fitment. Just the 4BW.

I'll call them tomorrow.

Also not a fan of centering rings. And their forged wheels for the BW seem to require them.

Just had nice, informative conversation with Corey at Apex.

Here is what I learned:

They have a native front fitment 19x10 ET20. At more than -2F, they recommend a 3mm spacer. The Apex forged wheel has a thick lip and they would like a little breathing room between the lip and the strut.

They also have a 19x10.5 ET25. It’s a BMW wheel, but with a centering ring, works fine with Blackwing. It does need a 8mm spacer, but will allow you to run a 295 size front tire.

Rear fitment is a 19x11 ET44. Also need a centering ring and they recommend a 3mm spacer.

I think I am going to spec the 19x10 front and run the 275 RT660. After I get comfortable and are certain there are no issues, I’d give the 19x10.5 with a 295 front. A lot more options in the 295 than 285.

Here is what I learned:

They have a native front fitment 19x10 ET20. At more than -2F, they recommend a 3mm spacer. The Apex forged wheel has a thick lip and they would like a little breathing room between the lip and the strut.

They also have a 19x10.5 ET25. It’s a BMW wheel, but with a centering ring, works fine with Blackwing. It does need a 8mm spacer, but will allow you to run a 295 size front tire.

Rear fitment is a 19x11 ET44. Also need a centering ring and they recommend a 3mm spacer.

I think I am going to spec the 19x10 front and run the 275 RT660. After I get comfortable and are certain there are no issues, I’d give the 19x10.5 with a 295 front. A lot more options in the 295 than 285.

I ran centering rings on my Camaro apex wheels with 0 issues….a bit confused why he’s recommending a 3mm spacer in the rear, et44 already makes the wheel poke like .24” more than stock. Looking at tire options they have the Goodyear SC3 available in 305/30/19 and a 285/35/19. I absolutely loved those on our Camaros…..

I ran centering rings on my Camaro apex wheels with 0 issues….a bit confused why he’s recommending a 3mm spacer in the rear, et44 already makes the wheel poke like .24” more than stock. Looking at tire options they have the Goodyear SC3 available in 305/30/19 and a 285/35/19. I absolutely loved those on our Camaros…..
It’s spoke clearance to the caliper if you have CCBs.

SC3 is a great tire and my go to track tire for years.

Here is what I learned:

Wish they had lower offsets for the front, down to +5 or so since thats about how much poke you need to get it more closer to the fenders up front.
Wish they'd leave more on the pad so we dont need spacers. Wonder if they'd clear iron brakes.

id be interested as well. Wonder if they could make wheels that wouldn't require rings and spacers. Still interested in group buy.

You think we would be able to run 315s or 325s out back??

id be interested as well. Wonder if they could make wheels that wouldn't require rings and spacers. Still interested in group buy.

You think we would be able to run 315s or 325s out back??
Almost certainly a 315. But honestly, it depends on the tire.

The Falken RT660 305 is wider than the Goodyear SC3 305 and RE71 305.

In the 200TW space, all the big manufacturers are at war to be the best tire. Some cheat with compound, some cheat with size.

A good resource is on the Tire Rack website under the ‘specifications’ tab for each tire you are interested in.

I attached the 305 RT660 and OEM PS4S for illustration.

F9F9610B-8A25-42C9-A611-E0EB5F1D5173.jpeg
731F95B7-F38F-48FC-A260-061ADC11324F.jpeg

Hell, you can look up every PS4 for the same size and they'd be difference thread width between OEM manufacturer. Audi and MB seems to like their version to be narrower.

Any updates on this group buy? You think they would ship the wheels with the hub adapter that is needed?

Any updates on this group buy? You think they would ship the wheels with the hub adapter that is needed?
When I ran Apex wheels on my Camaro you had to purchase the hub centering rings separate but they're very cheap. I also ran their 3mm spacers and had a square 305 setup which was awesome for track days and tire longevity. Right now their site shows 88 commits in the 19" category which means $300 off, if it gets to 100 its $400 off. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do since I have two sets of factory bronze wheels and really would like to run GY SC3s for track days.

When I ran Apex wheels on my Camaro you had to purchase the hub centering rings separate but they're very cheap. I also ran their 3mm spacers and had a square 305 setup which was awesome for track days and tire longevity. Right now their site shows 88 commits in the 19" category which means $300 off, if it gets to 100 its $400 off. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do since I have two sets of factory bronze wheels and really would like to run GY SC3s for track days.
If you sell a set I’d buy one.

It’s spoke clearance to the caliper if you have CCBs.

SC3 is a great tire and my go to track tire for years.

EDIT: I have to correct myself. The front has about 3-4 times more clearance than the rear. So perhaps it is possible that based on the design and profile of the spokes there make be additional clearance needed.

That doesn't sound right... the back of spoke to caliper clearance on both the front and rear is huge with the factory rims and CC's. The issue comes in with the inner diameter of the barrel... that's why most require you to go up to 20's or use an 19" HRE forging for the barrels.

Last edited:
I love the new wheel design VS-5RS, and I have communicated with APEX who says they have a fitment for the CT4 BW but without seeing how they look on the car I just can’t commit. I don’t think anyone is running these yet on a 4 BW. I also wouldn’t want to spend $2500 on custom wheels just to need to run spacers (to me this kinda defeats the purpose of custom wheels).

I love the new wheel design VS-5RS, and I have communicated with APEX who says they have a fitment for the CT4 BW but without seeing how they look on the car I just can’t commit. I don’t think anyone is running these yet on a 4 BW. I also wouldn’t want to spend $2500 on custom wheels just to need to run spacers (to me this kinda defeats the purpose of custom wheels).
not very custom if you need to run spacers... defo agree

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners