Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Annoying (suspension?) noise during cold temperatures

Seth

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing 46-404
So when I first got the car it made this noise:

That was fixed by the dealership they replaced a strut I believe. But now it makes a slightly different “creaking” as opposed to the prior ticking noise when it’s cold out:

Any thoughts?

Some of you guys are hearing a lot of noises on you BW's, but both of mine are fine, well, I don't really know for sure because I always have the radio on..... Hahahahahaha I hope you get it worked out buddy!

So when I first got the car it made this noise:

That was fixed by the dealership they replaced a strut I believe. But now it makes a slightly different “creaking” as opposed to the prior ticking noise when it’s cold out:

Any thoughts?
Only time I hear a noise like that is if I'm turning the wheel while sitting on a painted surface. I have over 20k miles on my 5 BW and fortunately am not hearing any oddities.

Have someone else turn the wheel while you get near the wheel wells to try and see where it's coming from. The only time I've had this issue with previous vehicles it's been the upper strut bushing. But I know upper strut mount problems can cause that kind of noise too.

Turn the steering wheel, even harder, eventually, it’ll come off and stop the noise, lol!
I Dont Know Michael Fassbender GIF

Dealership is replacing right front strut and strut mount. I had the left side replaced in September. What the f***? Anyone else have these issues? I’m not gonna be a happy camper if this happens every six months.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back