Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ambient lighting?

Seth

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing 46-404
Curious to know if anyone has added a bit more ambient lighting to the interior. I would love to see the results if so

I am also curious about this. The suttle white in the doors is nice but a good ambient lighting system is the only thing missing from this car that I really wish it had.

So curious, one of things I hate about new cars is the crazy lighting shows that make the car feel like a video game than am actual Road car. The new M and AMGs look awful at night.

I enjoyed the lighting in my AMG. Yes it had the colored lighting everywhere.

I like cool lights in the interior....
Star Wars Christmas GIF by Mic

So curious, one of things I hate about new cars is the crazy lighting shows that make the car feel like a video game than am actual Road car. The new M and AMGs look awful at night.
I do think it's slightly overdone in the Mercedes but I think the ones currently in the Cadillac look good just want them to have some color options and maybe a thin strip across the dash. I'm sure someone has done it aftermarket I just can't find anything on it.

I do think it's slightly overdone in the Mercedes but I think the ones currently in the Cadillac look good just want them to have some color options and maybe a thin strip across the dash. I'm sure someone has done it aftermarket I just can't find anything on it.
light phone GIF by ailadi
Comedy Christmas Lights GIF
The Original Series GIF by Star Trek
christmas lights twinkling GIF

If the BW is part of the interior redesign for 2024 I would get it will most likely have some sort of ambient lighting.

"we stripped everything off the car that didn't improve on-track performance and made them earn their way back on" ~ multiple Cadillac engineers on the development of the CT4 V Blackwing.

Frankly when its time to get near the speed limit over in Mexico or the Autobahn late at night. I find less distraction to be better as I want to focus on what's outside the car more than inside, and the inside stuff I need to find needs to be ultra-easy to find read and refocus outside.

So to me this
amg.jpg

and this
BMW.png

are way too busy and video gamey than an actual car... ie this
CT4.png

That's just me though. I don't care that the ambient lighting colors can't be changed because the color I would want is black anyway, so in this case OFF. I know I'm in the car, what do we need to illuminate it for?

"we stripped everything off the car that didn't improve on-track performance and made them earn their way back on" ~ multiple Cadillac engineers on the development of the CT4 V Blackwing.

Frankly when its time to get near the speed limit over in Mexico or the Autobahn late at night. I find less distraction to be better as I want to focus on what's outside the car more than inside, and the inside stuff I need to find needs to be ultra-easy to find read and refocus outside.

So to me thisView attachment 15033
and this
View attachment 15035

are way too busy and video gamey than an actual car... ie this
View attachment 15034

That's just me though. I don't care that the ambient lighting colors can't be changed because the color I would want is black anyway, so in this case OFF. I know I'm in the car, what do we need to illuminate it for?
The quote you listed contradicts your opinion. The car has ambient lighting currently so it clearly must have earned it's way back on. Guess you forgot it increases HP by at least 10 and cool points by 100 lol.

The quote you listed contradicts your opinion. The car has ambient lighting currently so it clearly must have earned it's way back on. Guess you forgot it increases HP by at least 10 and cool points by 100 lol.
Everywhere that has stuff to be seen has ambient lightning. I believe the OP and others wanted ADDITIONAL and CONFIGURABLE lighting similar to the two other competitors in the sector. So no, not a contradiction at all. But hey to each their own.

Everywhere that has stuff to be seen has ambient lightning. I believe the OP and others wanted ADDITIONAL and CONFIGURABLE lighting similar to the two other competitors in the sector. So no, not a contradiction at all. But hey to each their own.

I would like a little more ambient lighting yes, maybe where the chrome plastic pieces are on the interior. Just white with the option to choose brightness would work for me. In the above pics I think it looks decent on the Merc and bad on the BMW.

Agreed the inside light show is bad for driving concentration, but it is great for hustling in town.

I get it, some people like more lighted points around the vehicle because it gives them a sense of spaciousness and if the color and brightness can be custom set to match their moods the better.

I prefer my vehicle to fade from my visual perception so it really becomes less about piloting the box I'm in, and more about where my head is in space. The vehicle gives me tactile feed back about its size and position and my visual feedback are the minimal number of instruments and the world rushing by.

So I get and appreciate the whole minimalist approach to a car meant to see the track

I get it, some people like more lighted points around the vehicle because it gives them a sense of spaciousness and if the color and brightness can be custom set to match their moods the better.

I prefer my vehicle to fade from my visual perception so it really becomes less about piloting the box I'm in, and more about where my head is in space. The vehicle gives me tactile feed back about its size and position and my visual feedback are the minimal number of instruments and the world rushing by.

So I get and appreciate the whole minimalist approach to a car meant to see the track

I'd just like to have the option for either. Honestly I love "stealth mode" at night, so I definitely get where you're coming from too.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back