Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V 4BW winter tires?

Cadillac CT4-V model

Alex71

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Ct4v blackwing
Hi Fellas,
I took delivery of my 4BW in late November of 2021, and drove it from the dealer straight to the tire shop. I was not able to find winter tires in both of the sizes needed, so I decided to go with an all season instead, figuring it would be better than nothing. Turns out the tires are not much better than the 4S that come on the car in Chicago snow.

So now I'm thinking I will just get a set of snows for the rear. I'm still having a hard time finding anything in 275/35-18 for snow or winter tires. There is a blizzak in that size, but it looks like it has been discontinued. With some effort, I may be able to track down a pair.

I'm open to suggestions here... I am not opposed to getting a pair of 17s for the rear, as it will open up options, a lot, but I'm not sure if they will fit.

What have you guys done to get some better winter traction on this car? Do 17s fit? If not, what size options work for the stock rear wheels, other than the stock size which has no winter tire selection?

Thanks guys.

Best way to find more tire options is to size down the tires. Some run 235/40-18 square or if you want to keep O.E. diameters, then you can run 225/40-18 in the front and 245/40-18 in the rear. Those sizes will fit on the stock wheels, but a dedicated winter set would make everything easier.

oh nice, more options in 245/40-18.. same diameter and an inch narrower. Should work... Thanks.

It depends what all season tires you are running, as their snow performance can vary quite a bit. For winter tires, You'll likely have to find something narrower for the rears.

And forget about 17s for the rear, they won't fit over the brakes.

i have michelin performance all seasons on now... I forget the exact model, but they are unimpressive regardless of road conditions., and not much better in snow and cold than the stock tires.

I wanted to get michelin alpin. I had them on my last car (STI). They were very impressive in snow. I know the AWD helped, but neverthelss. The don't appear to be offered in a size that will fit the BW.

I'm not looking to blast through fresh powder here. Just want some reasonable traction on urban roads that have not been perfectly cleaned, and cold clean asphalt.

Get the Alpin 4 then. You can get them in 255 and 265 size. They are a good performance winter that will still retain some of the sporty characteristics of the car. If you don't need a true winter then avoid them. If you do decide you need a true winter then Nokian makes the R3 in 255 size.

I'd be wary only putting snow tires on the rear. The computer will control wheel spin, but you're going to have to deal with turning and braking and the mismatch grip might be problematic.

I ran 255/35/18 square all of winter and have no regrets. I ran Blizzak WS90s

I put snow tires on the OEM Caddy wheels. I used Bridgestone Blizzak WS90 255/35/18 front and rear, worked fantastic. Recommended by TireRack specifically.

Thanks everyone who responded. @dribs15 I searched, must not have scrolled down far enough because I didn't see the thread you linked. Some good info in there after I flittered out all the 5BW posts ;)

Car is at the shop now having the summers mounted. The all seasons will be for sale today. Just need to get them back and measure the tread.

I will be using a square setup for winter, most likely Alpins.

Alex

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners