Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4 BW vs SS

Estoril4

Hope everyone is doing well - I'm currently driving a lower mile 17 SS MT and was looking at a 5 BW but with msrp increase and mark ups they've pushed outside my budget. Has anyone moved from an SS to a 4 BW that can give an honest comparison, pros/cons, etc? I know the BW is faster but lacks the soundtrack, otherwise trying to justify the extra payment between the 2

Thanks

I had a 17 SS Vert a couple years ago. Only had for about 6 months, traded for a 19 Civic Type R. I'd like to think the driving characteristics are similar especially in normal driving. I would give the edge to the 4 BW on a track, the tech difference inside is negligible, especially if you had a 2 SS.

I think it comes down to if you need/want a useable backseat.

Hope everyone is doing well - I'm currently driving a lower mile 17 SS MT and was looking at a 5 BW but with msrp increase and mark ups they've pushed outside my budget. Has anyone moved from an SS to a 4 BW that can give an honest comparison, pros/cons, etc? I know the BW is faster but lacks the soundtrack, otherwise trying to justify the extra payment between the 2

Thanks
Great question!
I had an SS prior (would still have it if it wasn't hit--> got structural damage), ... but went to a 5 due to my size plus needed the room for my kids in the back seat (I was lucky enough to be able to stretch myself and get a 22 at minimal ADM or I likely would be in a similar position as you).
I am curious what others will say,... but for me personally the 4 wasn't an option because I needed the extra room. (SS actually had more rear legroom than even the 5!)

Great question!
I had an SS prior (would still have it if it wasn't hit--> got structural damage), ... but went to a 5 due to my size plus needed the room for my kids in the back seat (I was lucky enough to be able to stretch myself and get a 22 at minimal ADM or I likely would be in a similar position as you).
I am curious what others will say,... but for me personally the 4 wasn't an option because I needed the extra room. (SS actually had more rear legroom than even the 5!)
Lol, just realized op meant the SS, not the Camaro SS...lol

You said more rear leg room and I'm like.....wtf is this dude smoking and went.....oh....the SS.....doh

Great question!
I'm jealous! Yeah the SS is every bit as long as our 4runner, I forget how much of a boat it is sometimes

You said more rear leg room and I'm like.....wtf is this dude smoking and went.....oh....the SS.....doh
Lol apologies should have clarified

Haha!...I thought you knew it was the SS and were commenting on lack of rear leg room in the 4!😂😅🤣

Thanks
I owned SS twice (15 and 17. Both MT). Loved the vehicle but sold it before CT4-BW arrived. Two things that I immediately missed were the sound and space. Coming from SS, CT4 just felt a lot crammed and not only the back seat but also the front. Similarly the trunk space was abysmal.
If you are not worried about the above nitpicking issues, CT4-BW is blast to drive and I enjoyed it more than SS. On top of the newer tech was a icing on the cake. With that said, I just missed the space and sound too much and ended up selling CT4-BW and now awaiting the delivery of CT5-BW.

If I were you, I would wait, save and get CT5-BW because even though CT4-BW is an amazing car, you have same concerns as I did and you won't be fully happy with the compromise.

I owned SS twice (15 and 17. Both MT). Loved the vehicle but sold it before CT4-BW arrived. Two things that I immediately missed were the sound and space. Coming from SS, CT4 just felt a lot crammed and not only the back seat but also the front. Similarly the trunk space was abysmal.
If you are not worried about the above nitpicking issues, CT4-BW is blast to drive and I enjoyed it more than SS. On top of the newer tech was a icing on the cake. With that said, I just missed the space and sound too much and ended up selling CT4-BW and now awaiting the delivery of CT5-BW.

If I were you, I would wait, save and get CT5-BW because even though CT4-BW is an amazing car, you have same concerns as I did and you won't be fully happy with the compromise.
I often say one of two things when people ask about my 5 (and they all know how much I loved my 14 and 16 SS's):
1) It's the Cadillac version of the SS
and/or
2) It's the SS on steroids!

Thanks and agreed, I originally passed it over as I don't necessarily need an additional 25k on loan for a car that's a 5-10% improvement

Just get one of each! And I owned an SS too...
IMG_4657.jpg

LOL,

Though you are in a situation to perfectly answer the OPs question.

If someone put you at gunpoint and took away your 5BW and left you only with the 4BW, would it be enough car to replace your SS, or will a part of your soul be always missing?
Well shit, you are calling me out on this! I loved my SS before I started messing with it but afterwards not so much... The 4BW is a far superior car than the SS in many ways (IMHO) except sound and a little faster (OEM)... The 4BW drives like its on rails and is just fun to drive around town in traffic, like driving a bad ass go cart on the street... The 5 BW is a luxury beast with more power than one really needs on the street, and it just sounds awesome......

If someone took my 5BW at gunpoint would the 4BW be enough car to replace the SS??? Yes it would for ME, but that's hard to say for anyone else... I'm getting older and wiser, well, maybe not wiser, but I could be happy with it, but hey, I also like thick girls too so there is that....

My soul would be ok..........

Wait, I don't have to worry about that because I have both........lol.... I only have both because I have nothing else....

Well shit, you are calling me out on this! I loved my SS before I started messing with it but afterwards not so much... The 4BW is a far superior car than the SS in many ways (IMHO) except sound and a little faster (OEM)... The 4BW drives like its on rails and is just fun to drive around town in traffic, like driving a bad ass go cart on the street... The 5 BW is a luxury beast with more power than one really needs on the street, and it just sounds awesome......

If someone took my 5BW at gunpoint would the 4BW be enough car to replace the SS??? Yes it would for ME, but that's hard to say for anyone else... I'm getting older and wiser, well, maybe not wiser, but I could be happy with it, but hey, I also like thick girls too so there is that....

My soul would be ok..........

Wait, I don't have to worry about that because I have both........lol.... I only have both because I have nothing else....
@Tall Steve thats disappointing. Being a fellow Texan I was expecting a reply like ... "if someone pointed a gun at me I will pull out a bigger one and have him pay for my gas" :ROFLMAO:

Quite the contrary you've got the entire internet and at least covered parking for your toys. I can only dream that they had put the C8 small block in the 4 BW, id be all over it (we can discuss a 4 BW wagon later)

@Tall Steve thats disappointing. Being a fellow Texan I was expecting a reply like ... "if someone pointed a gun at me I will pull out a bigger one and have him pay for my gas" :ROFLMAO:
With 17 years of law enforcement and 20 years of executive security protection behind me I learned a long time ago to haul ass away from trouble when you can and only use force when necessary...
1660073261804.png

LOL,

Though you are in a situation to perfectly answer the OPs question.

If someone put you at gunpoint and took away your 5BW and left you only with the 4BW, would it be enough car to replace your SS, or will a part of your soul be always missing?
ask him how many miles he has on his "first delivery in the nation" 5BW, and how many miles he has on his commoner 4BW and that should tell you the answer to your question.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back