Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 CT4-V BW Allocations

T_smoove2

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-V BW
Hey all, every dealer that I have contacted about placing a factory order has said that they don't have allocations and aren't sure when they will. I'm assuming this has something to do with the transition from MY 22 to MY 23? Does anyone have info or even a feeling as to when allocations might start happening for 2023s? Thanks!

would love to know here as well. Who knows haha
Here is an exclusive look at the meeting where 2023 allocations are distributed:

1655836279256.png

Looks like only 2 BW's get the special stripe edition, and 2 Plaids not to be confused with golf cart type cars.
Yeah, but there is one that is topless. Does that mean they're coming out with a special limited edition convertible?!
Also, it appears to have the upgraded seats...I can tell because of the tan leather with black accents.

follow-up question (since "when" is probably impossible to answer): It seems like some dealers place the orders to 1100 without having the allocations yet. For these types of dealers, does the factory take order date into account when accepting orders? In other words, if a dealership puts 30 orders at status 1100 when they get their next allocation, is it a lottery (based on what they are ready to build) or do they start with the oldest orders?

Also, my local dealer is low-volume, and they are waiting until after they have allocation to place the order into the system. Is there any benefit to asking them to place the order even without allocation?

I am coming to understand the goat rodeo...

edit: it looks like dealers have to manually pair an allocation to an order for it to be eligible for acceptance? oh boy :cautious:

follow-up question (since "when" is probably impossible to answer): It seems like some dealers place the orders to 1100 without having the allocations yet. For these types of dealers, does the factory take order date into account when accepting orders? In other words, if a dealership puts 30 orders at status 1100 when they get their next allocation, is it a lottery (based on what they are ready to build) or do they start with the oldest orders?

Also, my local dealer is low-volume, and they are waiting until after they have allocation to place the order into the system. Is there any benefit to asking them to place the order even without allocation?

I am coming to understand the goat rodeo...
The answer to your first question is no, even though that makes no logical sense. Dealer allocations are based on prior sales. When a dealer gets an allocation, it is their discretion as to what "order" to match it to. Most honest dealerships will keep a waiting list, and match each allocation with the next one on the list. But they don't have to.

Your second question sounds like they are being shady. Have them enter it into the system and give you an order number. That way you can track it on the forum or with Cadillac chat independently of them. There is no reason for them not to do this other than they are being lazy or they intend to give their allocation to someone else.

The answer to your first question is no, even though that makes no logical sense. Dealer allocations are based on prior sales. When a dealer gets an allocation, it is their discretion as to what "order" to match it to. Most honest dealerships will keep a waiting list, and match each allocation with the next one on the list. But they don't have to.

Your second question sounds like they are being shady. Have them enter it into the system and give you an order number. That way you can track it on the forum or with Cadillac chat independently of them. There is no reason for them not to do this other than they are being lazy or they intend to give their allocation to someone else.
I appreciate your take on that... I will ask them if there is a specific reason why they are waiting. Although without an allocation to match it with, they could still technically give it to someone else.

I appreciate your take on that... I will ask them if there is a specific reason why they are waiting. Although without an allocation to match it with, they could still technically give it to someone else.
I have had orders in with 4 different dealerships. The least shady of them entered my information and sent me an order number without even having to ask. The most shady took my deposit, then didn't enter my info and claimed to have never heard of an order number without an allocation.

If your dealer is being shady, move on. There are are good dealers out there who are taking orders at MSRP.

If you go to a GM dealer to order a car, it should be input at that time and an order number given to you. When that is done the order is automatically at event code 1100. There is no reason for them to wait to input it and nothing counts against them with GM until they match it to an allocation they might get. The first batch of 2023 allocations were given out today.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back