Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!
  • Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!

Complete Details: Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!
  • I know that lately, we've gained a lot of new members which is awesome and a lot of those new members are coming from other forums that may use vBulletin and their Private Message (PM) system. Here, we use the XenForo forum software which is (IMHO) much better than vBulletin. The "Conversation" system here is the same as the PM system on vBulletin. So if you want to PM another member, just click their username in a post, and click on "Start Conversation". To see all of your PMs, click on your profile and go to Inbox. Hope this helps.

2022 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing Order Tracking

sandstrs

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2018 CTS-V (sold), 2022 CT5-V Blackwing #34
Call where??
To be fair, I do not have a specific number but I found the below and I would call and just navigate my way to the office/person I would need to talk resolve this.

Hours:​

Monday-Saturday: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST
(CLOSED SUNDAYS)

Phone Numbers:​

Inside the U.S.: 800-333-4223

SIX 40

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Forever 1100 club
Well gm has until thursday to let one of 3 different dealers around the country w my name in workbench allocations or im buying the car i test drive this morning…. Screw em
That's nice, good luck. I've had a few Chargers over the past 10 yrs or so, one 5.7 and one 6.4. They're good cars for the most part. They have the power, that's for sure.

I ordered one of these last week. The dealer said he could have it in my garage by the end of the year. Whoever gets me a car first gets my $$$!

Attachments

• SRBM5.jpg
    SRBM5.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 34

1Evil55

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Blackwing..
I was just checking out an M4 myself during lunch today. Really nice I'm just not that big a fan of german cars. And go figure the other idea was the Audi wagon. I really just want the BW and hate to have to think of something else but the updates don't seem to be in my favor. Need a back up plan..

Mirza Grebovic

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Call where??
I forwarded ur orders last week to ask for help with the right team and have indicated others struggling too (semper and many more). People have responded that they are looking into it just have nothing concrete to tell you aside of folks are trying. I know, it doesnt help the itch and its not much, Thursday is approaching fast, which ever way it goes all the best.

Drozboyz

Seasoned Member
I forwarded ur orders last week to ask for help with the right team and have indicated others struggling too (semper and many more). People have responded that they are looking into it just have nothing concrete to tell you aside of folks are trying. I know, it doesnt help the itch and its not much, Thursday is approaching fast, which ever way it goes all the best.
I appreciate that mirza however it os what it is Mud on gm’s face w all these folks bailing not knowing when they w see their cars

GM-4-LIFE

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V Blackwing on Order...First TPW 7/26/21, Pushed Back to 9/6/21...
DrozBoyz,

You won't be happy with the Hellcats. I stupidly and impulsively purchased a 2020 Challenger Super Stock and it was garbage. I sold it last week! I came from a 2019 CTS-V and the Challenger is just crap in all aspects. You'll regret it and for what they cost, a total ripoff for old tech, old 2004 Mercedes E-Class platform and just a horrible ride and handling car.

Test drive one and you'll see. The drone inside the cabin is just ridiculous and will give you headaches. I drove the car for one day and regretted my decision and made the decision to dump it. It wasn't easy to sell either and even in today's auto market, I was surprised it took two months to sell.

Once you drive GM's Alpha chassis like the 2019 CTS-V, most other cars feel like pure junk. Alpha chassis really is world class. When you drive a competent well thought out vehicle and then drive a Hellcat, you can see and feel the difference. I would advise against any Hellcat purchase.

If you need a better dealer to deal with, let me know. I am dealing with a great dealer in Dearborn, MI who was instrumental in getting my Blackwing order going.

Daijoubu

Seasoned Member
If GM wants track data ASAP, let them know I will have it on VIR or the Charlotte Roval as soon as I hit 1500 miles...just need the car first😉 it's in their best interest.

SIX 40

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Forever 1100 club
Test drive one and you'll see. The drone inside the cabin is just ridiculous and will give you headaches. I drove the car for one day and regretted my decision and made the decision to dump it. It wasn't easy to sell either and even in today's auto market, I was surprised it took two months to sell.
My wife HATED how loud my SRT 392 was in the cabin. I wound up trading it for a 2015 SS (auto) then traded that for another SS (2017, manual) which was totaled by a frieghtliner then I got my V3. I will admit, the Charger wasn't the serene experience that my V3 was, that's for sure.

Paynster

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT-4V Blackwing
I appreciate that mirza however it os what it is Mud on gm’s face w all these folks bailing not knowing when they w see their cars
Good Luck with your decision. I can tell you, my dealer is prepared to take all orders that are cancelled. These cars will sell like hot cakes. I was at my road course the other day and watched a Hell Cat struggle. An older CTS V was eating it up. Of course it could be Driver Skill but I never see the Dodges do well on the road coarse. However, they sure do go fast in a straight line!! And Mira (although it looks like your 7/19 jumped my 7/12) thanks to you and Rob for all your help.

Last edited:

SIX 40

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Forever 1100 club
I was just checking out an M4 myself during lunch today. Really nice I'm just not that big a fan of german cars. And go figure the other idea was the Audi wagon. I really just want the BW and hate to have to think of something else but the updates don't seem to be in my favor. Need a back up plan..
Same here but I've never owned a BMW so I figured I'd consider one. This is just a backup if the BW doesn't pan out. I've had mostly American cars throughout my car buying life save for a G35x back in 2004. I did have a GTI too back in the 80s and it was one of my favorite cars ever so that's why I'm considering German.

I considered an M3 first but they are pretty thin on the ground. Two dealers didn't even return my inquiry so I told the 3rd dealer I wanted an M5 and they perked right up lol. The BW is still my first choice. I lived in Detroit for 5 years (go blue) so I try to support our auto industry but they're not helping themselves. At all.

And yes, thank you @Mirza Grebovic for advocating for us.

MrsCTS-V

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2013 CTS-V Wagon (Manual)
Our Wait List order # ZKWKKF was placed 2-23-2021. I sure HOPE they pull the Wait List orders "in WorkBench Date order" 😀

GM-4-LIFE

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
I test drove a 2021 M4 a couple weeks ago and was very disappointed. The turbo lag was horrible in all modes. It just wasn't fast to me at all. Then again, I am used to the power of my V3. The lease rates were way high and wasn't worth it. The A/C didn't have forceful volume on the max setting either. I was sweating my ass off! The M4 looks good, but that's all. I walked away wondering why anyone buys them. I guess if you're coming from a Civic, it feels fast!

And a second thank you to @Mirza Grebovic for always being here for all of us. Let's appreciate him more and not give him so much grief. Not everything at GM is his fault nor does he have control over everything, especially on a new launch in today's challenging world of building cars post pandemic with everyone facing supply issues. Just be thankful if you ever receive a car!

V-Wagon

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2014 CTS-V Wagon
I completely understand the frustrations we are all experiencing. The launch of a new vehicle by any manufacturer always leaves much to be desired during normal global supply chain conditions. The current climate we find ourselves in makes everything significantly more difficult: global semi-conductor shortages, seat foam supply disruptions, plastic resin issues, etc. etc. Many the result of a global pandemic, freezes in Texas, cargo ship getting stuck and the list goes on. The fact that Cadillac was given the green light to essentially open an entire plant to produce and extremely small number of vehicles in the grand scheme of things is a huge win, and a decision that I don't think would have been made in years past given the same circumstances. Combine this with fact that these World Class Machines are being offered with a manual transmission to boot, the wait will be well worth it in my opinion. Hats off to @Mirza Grebovic and the entire Cadillac team for making this vehicle a reality!!

Case in point: "Ford is closing or curtailing production at eight factories this month, including the plant manufacturing its new version of the iconic Bronco SUV."

Rob, thank you for your help to everyone on this Forum as well!

Last edited:

SSEEYA

Seasoned Member
Does anyone know for sure if the cars that are built are 100% complete? Friend at F told me this week that they are now using the parking lot at F headquarters for storing new trucks that they have built but cannot ship until they get electronic components installed.

burn813

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Does anyone know for sure if the cars that are built are 100% complete? Friend at F told me this week that they are now using the parking lot at F headquarters for storing new trucks that they have built but cannot ship until they get electronic components installed.
The cars that have been produced are 100% complete.

poor-sha

Seasoned Member
If GM wants track data ASAP, let them know I will have it on VIR or the Charlotte Roval as soon as I hit 1500 miles...just need the car first😉 it's in their best interest.

We'll see who can get there first :) I'd like to get some details on track prep from @Mirza Grebovic if he can. Track alignment, oil specs, etc. I assume we'll need to replace the brake fluid at a minimum as the stuff GM uses from the factory is garbage. I boiled the brakes on my C7 ZR1 trying to make the first corner after leaving pit lane. My C8 boiled the stock fluid doing lead/follow for some students in intermediate group.

As far as the Hellcat goes on track. I had a student once at VIR with one and he asked me to drive it. It was the only car I could not get to turn even when using heavy trail-braking. Really turned like a pig but boy would it put out some thrust once it was straight.

GM-4-LIFE

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
As far as the Hellcat goes on track. I had a student once at VIR with one and he asked me to drive it. It was the only car I could not get to turn even when using heavy trail-braking. Really turned like a pig but boy would it put out some thrust once it was straight.

None of the Hellcats are track cars. Just heavy straight line cars. Instead of developing a competent chassis, they keep putting lipstick on a pig and they keep selling to people that have no clue what a complete world class track car is supposed to feel like. The Hellcats are just garbage. They just keep adding power without any form of control. It's laughable. A balanced car with a lot less power will destroy it on any road course. The Hellcats with their wide bodies look good and sound good, but that's it. Nothing else. Don't get me started on that Nintendo pixilated back up camera or the fact that you can't see the road in the Challengers.

Mirza Grebovic

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Tx guys, always more than happy to step up for the badge, the V means a lot to me. The below is about two months after I started working at GM in 2010, Detroit car show with team Janury 2011, did not work on cadillac product but destiny I guess. I left my previous job watching GM guys (some of who I work with today 😳) engineering these cars and said I have to try to get there. There is similar pictures of me next to the first ever ATS-V with one of my fav people of all time, John Barrick, the performance variant manager for ATS-V, who I worked for as well, some pics yesterday next to my VIN 16 in that same spot on the line (hope my dealer is not reading and thinking oh boy ADM here we come!!!). I kid you not, words cant describe the emotion and cant wait to drive my car and think of all the amazing people that were part of this car, everytime I drive them now, every part in the car I see, hear, smell or feel I remeber meetings and discussions that now I recall with a massive smile on my face. No car can replicate that for me.

As far as track prep, pretty much brake fluid thats track rated DOT4, alignment in owners manual, brake burnish, tire pressures and off you go! Some other minor stuff depending on other options but all in manual.

PS: while running to a meeting at studio, I short cut through a studio garage to get to the coffee spot first and as I was walking fast a car caught my attention on the left and I about fainted, dead in my tracks, making noises only a human in distress makes. Next to me, with an open door, was the CIEN. Life changing car for me and that moment is one I will take to the grave with me as well. I watched the island movie 3 times that week. A man with an immature heart towards cars can dream.

Attachments

• 01416D8A-1B89-4231-BEF7-764B4B9871C9.jpeg
    01416D8A-1B89-4231-BEF7-764B4B9871C9.jpeg
    492.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 4CAF8BFA-9B0E-44B1-8265-BA4F78E3FF34.jpeg
    4CAF8BFA-9B0E-44B1-8265-BA4F78E3FF34.jpeg
    585.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Drozboyz

Seasoned Member
Thanks for everyones feedback…. The hellcat is the last car i wanted to buy…. I hear good and bad things about the car as you do all performance cars…. I want the blackwing more then anything, guess it boils down to im almost 65 , retired , and want a new fun toy now… Good things come to all who wait …. The waiting is hard…. When i think back it was even more crazy when the new camaro’s came out and there wasnt any pandemic to deal with…. Just an impatient former new yorker here Thanks guys Thinking wait!!!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partner Sites

Top Bottom