Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!
  • Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!

Complete Details: Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!
  • I know that lately, we've gained a lot of new members which is awesome and a lot of those new members are coming from other forums that may use vBulletin and their Private Message (PM) system. Here, we use the XenForo forum software which is (IMHO) much better than vBulletin. The "Conversation" system here is the same as the PM system on vBulletin. So if you want to PM another member, just click their username in a post, and click on "Start Conversation". To see all of your PMs, click on your profile and go to Inbox. Hope this helps.

2022 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing Order Tracking

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!

Ungwei

Seasoned Member
No matter when they are built. Just looking at all those manuals bring tear of joy to me 😥.

Who says manuals are dead??? It's only the manufacturers who are brain dead to offer manual is lowest trim level and then complain that no one buys one.
Hear hear, as much as I enjoyed driving the new M4, the MT felt a bit like an afterthought, engine was detuned so the transmission would handle it. Meanwhile the blackwings seem to have a transmission that matches their performance, I can't wait to shift this thing! Extra jealous of you 5BW folks haha

burn813

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
No matter when they are built. Just looking at all those manuals bring tear of joy to me 😥.

Who says manuals are dead??? It's only the manufacturers who are brain dead to offer manual is lowest trim level and then complain that no one buys one.
I heard a rumor it’s something like 60-65% of the cars are manuals

Mirza Grebovic

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I mean, throw us a bone! Even a dumb fact, like the guy who installs the seats is named Jerry or something. Anything to give us a little insight on the process.
Lol.... the cars are assembled by hundreds of people using their hands. The only robot I see on the line is one holding the front and rear glass so that another robot can put on the sealer. Then it hands the glass to a person that puts it on the car with a team member. Of course the weld/body shop putting the metal together is more robot intensive but once painted its all awesome people putting it together. After the cars are built and roll off the line they go into alignment pits, were people again align lights/cameras/suspension after which the car goes into a dynamic test booth through a quick minute or two check of major systems (car is on rollers allowing driven wheels to roll). Its then driven through an inside the plant track that has different types of roads for a check of rattles or any other possible concerns. Thats an oversimplified version of a process. For the V series Blackwings there is an additional process or few for something very special on the pre order cars. My favorite part of plant is "marriage". See video below!

i think national geo did a one hour on 2016 camaro showing a lot of the plant, check it out!

There is also how the hand built engines for the LT4 are built somewhere on youtube I believe.

SSEEYA

Seasoned Member
Outstanding @Mirza Grebovic! This is very cool info since we can't be there to watch them being assembled ourselves. Thanks as always for the great insights. TPW 7/12 here we come!!

jdpeake

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Thank you. Finally some information. And i had no idea they are hand built. Thought it was an almost all robot driven process

Mirza Grebovic

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I also love when team members put on the badges or the serialized steering wheel badge, feels so special to watch the car earn the badge and see the team meber use their hands to place it like a diamond into a piece of jewlery. Another emotional step is after cars are programmed on line they get started for the first time, thats so cool to see the cars come to life for the first time!!

ajamils

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-BW
I also love when team members put on the badges or the serialized steering wheel badge, feels so special to watch the car earn the badge and see the team meber use their hands to place it like a diamond into a piece of jewlery. Another emotional step is after cars are programmed on line they get started for the first time, thats so cool to see the cars come to life for the first time!!
I could only imagine how cool it would be if there were videos of it for us to see..... hint hint ;)

jdpeake

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Maybe it’s better to leave all where it is so when we go to pick up our cars we will have that surprised feeling and appreciate them that much more. Slap me, just kidding. Feed me all the information you can.

Semper fi 21

Seasoned Member
Mirza, you are a sly dog... giving us information, without giving us information... I see you lol... Thank you for being part of the group.
I just spoke to my dealership. I used to be number 1 one on the wait list then I became second no reason given why just found the number 1 person car is being built on wait list and no idea if mine will be built. How would you feel about that. Then u have the manager trying to reassure me my car will be built but not sure.

jwolf99

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I just spoke to my dealership. I used to be number 1 one on the wait list then I became second no reason given why just found the number 1 person car is being built on wait list and no idea if mine will be built. How would you feel about that. Then u have the manager trying to reassure me my car will be built but not sure.
Time to find another dealer. My dealer was giving me the run around when I pressed him for a commitment for MSRP. I ended up moving to a dealer who was able to provide that commitment as well as a signed purchase order to the effect.

V-Wagon

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2014 CTS-V Wagon

The dealers are just as much to blame for the demise of the manual. The manufacturer would spend the R&D to make manuals available only to have dealers not order any. Customers would go into dealerships looking for a manual trans and find nothing. Many dealerships were even reluctant to place sold orders without big deposits for fear of being stuck with a $80k + vehicle and a manual trans. This would result in 2% +/- take rates on manual trans vehicles. With "take rates" that low, it becomes very hard for a manufacturer to make a business case. There has long been a lack of true understanding of the enthusiast market by most retailers across all OEM's.

Ungwei

Seasoned Member
The dealers are just as much to blame for the demise of the manual. The manufacturer would spend the R&D to make manuals available only to have dealers not order any. Customers would go into dealerships looking for a manual trans and find nothing. Many dealerships were even reluctant to place sold orders without big deposits for fear of being stuck with a $80k + vehicle and a manual trans. This would result in 2% +/- take rates on manual trans vehicles. With "take rates" that low, it becomes very hard for a manufacturer to make a business case. There has long been a lack of true understanding of the enthusiast market by most retailers across all OEM's.
I will say initially when they were available, I did see a decent amount of new m3's and m4's in manual. Now good luck finding anything on the lot lol

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Top Bottom