Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2022 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing Order Tracking

burn813

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I posted this on my FB several weeks ago but here was my time frame..

I also ordered a CT4-V BW on Aug 31 (I think) and it currently TPW 10/25 and 3400....

I ran the numbers for the time line of my Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing and I have to say that Cadillac did an awesome job during a crazy time period! The V-Team built an epic car that will go down in history!
I received my reservation on 02/01/21. (1 of 250) I received #43
Car was built on 07/19/21.
Car was delivered on 08/09/21.
Thats 190 days from reservation to delivery, and 22 days from build to delivery. I don't think thats to bad during this covid crap!
Thanks again Cadillac for an awesome car!
WARNING WARNING WARNING:

DO NOT USE TALL STEVE AS THE STANDARD

I REPEAT DO NOT USE TALL STEVE AS THE STANDARD.

USE @MrChao

*this message is purely satirical... YMMV

burn813

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
The other BW that was delivered to my dealer might be the standard to measure by. It was produced on 9/9/21 and it was delivered to the dealer on the evening of 10/6/21, so about a month from produced date to delivery.

vblkwng

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing

Attachments

• 20210915_125535.jpg
    20210915_125535.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 104

PMD CT4

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
ATS-V, CT4-V Blackwing
Haha, you should see my paint on the trunk, it's hideous, however, apparently "original" means something so lol

On your trunk too.... Guessing it's an issue with the angle that it's sprayed?

I get it though, not really upset about it. It's not some one off hypercar. But clearly the paint process could use some work. Just pointing out one of the very few issues.

stonecoldtx

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2019 CTS-V
So, how many of the original 250 for each are left to be built . . . ? I checked with my dealer last week, and he told me that they didn't receive any allocations and wouldn't be getting any allocations this week, either . . .

SIX 40

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Forever 1100 club
So, how many of the original 250 for each are left to be built . . . ? I checked with my dealer last week, and he told me that they didn't receive any allocations and wouldn't be getting any allocations this week, either . . .
I don't think anyone has that exact number but you can get an idea by checking the Blackwing registry that Rob put together. My rough estimate on the 5s was about 50 or so left maybe? I didn't check the 4s because I'm waiting for a 5.

I reached out to my salesman monthly for updates after I placed my order in March. Once I realized there are no updates I reached out every 6 weeks or so. Now I don't reach out unless I want to make a change. Welcome to the rodeo.

jkg

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2013 V wagon stealth blue (sold, so sad); 2022 CT5 Blackwing
i looked through the order tracker - it looks like there are 5? of us with TPW of 7/26/21 - no one has an earlier TPW, so we must be next in line. there are also several with TPW of 10/4 - but no one in between 7/26 and 10/4. it's good information, and I suppose it is possible us 7/26'ers will see a build any day now, although i do really wonder what the heck is going on at the plant. are parts still really in short supply? if they started building cars 10 days ago, you would figure the 7/26'ers all would be built by now.
not to jump on the paint-bashing bandwagon, but i saw a new corvette in the same electric blue, and it has a remarkable amount of "orange peel" - more than my 08 corvette or my 13 CTS-V. having said that, the corvette was parked next to a ferrari, and the ferrari paint was just OK - not a hand sanded/polished finish at all.

ajamils

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-BW
i looked through the order tracker - it looks like there are 5? of us with TPW of 7/26/21 - no one has an earlier TPW, so we must be next in line. there are also several with TPW of 10/4 - but no one in between 7/26 and 10/4. it's good information, and I suppose it is possible us 7/26'ers will see a build any day now, although i do really wonder what the heck is going on at the plant. are parts still really in short supply? if they started building cars 10 days ago, you would figure the 7/26'ers all would be built by now.
Had a detailed conversation with one of the Caddy dealer in Texas and was told that even though plants have opened their first priority are the Escalades followed by BWs. With the shortage of microchips and CF constraints on BWs, there is a high chance that the build time will continue to be longer.
Also, when Lyric production starts, it is going to further push down BWs in priority. With that said, he told me that he has personally confirmed from Cadillac that every order that is in the system will be built.
So for anyone who has already placed the order, just HODL. Your car will be built... but it might be a while.

Last edited:

sicoo

With that said, he told me that he is personally confirmed from Cadillac that every order that is in the system will be built.
Not sure how much I'd hang my hat on that, but it's certainly a good sign.

I was going to start another thread about this, but...

Has anyone ordered from more than one dealer in the hopes of either having a better chance of getting one or getting it sooner? For my dealer, I put down a $1000 refundable deposit, so there doesn't seem to be much downside to ordering from several (if I knew which dealer had the best chances).

Drozboyz

Seasoned Member

Has anyone ordered from more than one dealer in the hopes of either having a better chance of getting one or getting it sooner? For my dealer, I put down a $1000 refundable deposit, so there doesn't seem to be much downside to ordering from several (if I knew which dealer had the best chances).
I had my reservations in at multiple (volume dealers) in different states…. Some required a $1,000 deposit, some did not…. All at msrp… so in imoa, put your name in at as many dealers as you can….. just want my blackwing… and good news is they are building bw’s this week in lansing

Daijoubu

Seasoned Member

Yes. First ordered back in March with my local (Hendrick Charlotte) medium size dealer where I know I am #2. Later in August I decided to hedge my bets and put an order in with Sewell Dallas.

Cuse44

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 BW on order, 2016 Shelby GT350, 2019 Genesis G70 3.3T, 2022 Genesis GV70 3.5T
I did followed in Daijoibu footsteps placed an order with Hendrick in Mid June and a second order with Sewell in Dallas in mid September. I have worked with Gabe Casas and Quinn Cannady at Sewell Dallas location.

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Top Bottom