Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2022 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing Order Tracking

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
All orders have been checked and updated accordingly.

RupertH

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Hopeful...
QC testing doesn't end when regular production begins.

The comments I'm seeing here about this issue is indicative of people not understanding A manufacturing process. And that, isn't bullshit...
Reading through the comments on this board, there really is some expectation of bespoke supercar-level treatment for mass-produced prices. Production hiccups will occur, and you're talking about cars here! They're built with hundreds of moving parts and thousands of total parts- all moving down an assembly line at a speed that attempts to thread the needle between the minimum required for profitability and 'may take someone's arm off' if it goes any faster...

At the end of the day, these are cars produced by a typical risk-averse American company who is going to worry far more about mechanical soundness that can cost them significantly on warranty work, and if left unchecked could replicate across weeks of production. That usually means they're not going to spend a ton of time on aesthetic items, like a slight ripple in the paint or ding unless it's blatant and clearly caused by a process issue. Plus, any one-off problems are cheaper to fix after sale- and frankly they play the odds that the average consumer won't notice.

That's how things go on the production line, and part of what you pay for when you spend the big bucks with Ferrari, Lambo, or Bugatti. But even that is something of a misnomer! Many of those quarter million and up vehicles have suffered from massive defects over the years according to the few honest owners. They're generally built to look pretty and survive the couple outings a year their typical owners subject them to- not 100K+ miles of commutes, grocery runs, and trips to grandmas...

If GM tries to skip out on warranty claims, that's a legit grievance. But expecting perfection, and not even giving them the opportunity to make amends? That's unhelpful and unrealistic. I'll throw this out there: there will be recalls and GM will take the easy way out- just like they did with that hideous replacement piece for the side of the SS seat base because a couple fat guys sat on their seat belt mounts and bent them... Which if I'm honest, I haven't even thought about it since like a week after the dealer put it in despite getting in the car hundreds of times. So, who cares?!?

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
Good morning to me. TPW moved from 11/8 to 10/25 and status changes from 3000 to 3400. I’m gonna try and not get too excited just yet.
Next week, your TPW may move to January 🤣

soulsea

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
Good morning to me. TPW moved from 11/8 to 10/25 and status changes from 3000 to 3400. I’m gonna try and not get too excited just yet.

Same here. Keeping it together tho.

oh-my-god-kristen-wiig.gif

marfan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Transport pending
Next week, your TPW may move to January 🤣
Preaching to the choir! I was 3400, then backtracked to 3100 when the plant shut down. I'm now back at 3400 but all my 11/8 pals up and left me for greener pastures... At this point I'm going straight poker face until I have a VIN!

marfan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Transport pending
Rob - how do I get my VIN? I'm sure this has been explained a million times.
You can try the advisor on Cadillac.com - type 'advisor' if the robot doesn't answer your question. Alternatively, your dealer is probably the best bet.

Vakane

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Na
I submitted a request this week….

Can I possibly if all planets align get my baby before February? If I do get one…. My dealer was very clear that my order probably won’t go through :( but my bday is Feb 2

Mirza Grebovic

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Hey folks, I see some very frustrated comments, and some plain negative ones too that no matter what response anybody provides opinions will not change. I understand some of the frustrations with production, but lets be honest and look around whats happening. Its been only 3 months since production.

If your car has more than 10 miles dont freak out, these are not made out of paper. QC is different depending on situation, most of it is a full exterior, interior and road test review, gap checks, function checks vs specs etc, its significant. The red line has fuel cut offs at 6400/6500 depending on model. No history I am aware of what RPM your car went to but cant go over final red line. Some cars are in the yard waiting to ship and a car comes down the plant line and a new issue is found and some cars have to come back to plant and checked for that issue. Possibly why some cars have 20-30 miles. I dont know what to tell you aside of your overthinking and worrying too much, I get how emotional these purchases are, the team at Lansing cares, these folks are proud of their work.

Orange peel comments, orange peel depends on surface curvature. Talk to experts they will explain. Can it be improved? Of course with money and time and every oem fights those issues. I went to a car show a few weeks ago and a $300k+ Supercar has orange peel, owner said its going for paint correction. I get it, some want perfection, go to sema and ask how much those paint jobs are. That trunk shown with orange peel would not fail QC.

In the end, if your not happy you have a choice. Talk to dealer file a case and dealers and Cadillac will react I am sure.

Last edited:

soulsea

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
I got a $345k 2019 GT2RS, paint to sample no less, delivered with more orange peel than anyone would believe. Spent $5k just to paint correct it before anything else was done to protect the paint. It's just standard stuff on mass produced cars that one has to deal with whether it's a Versa or a Ferrari.

Most car show vehicles are wet sanded. You're welcome to have someone try to do that to your new car so that you can get that same finish. A little heads up, there's only a handful of detailers in the US that know how to do that the right way, but you're welcome to roll the dice on Jeffrey with his hipster beard and skinny jeans sanding off all your clear coat with his Amazon orbital sander.

Watching a person buying a $100k car expecting car show quality paint is like watching a House Hunters Karen complain that if she's going to spend $200k on her house it better have marble countertops, an island, and seven acres. Fact is people are entitled no matter what the price point. Especially if they're stretching their budget because from their POV it's one of the largest purchases they've ever made so they think that it ought to be perfect just for that reason. If there's damage to your paint, overspray, or other defects, then for sure push to have this rectified, but orange peel is just not a thing to be bothered by any more. Plus a good detailer can get most of it out with paint correction without having to wet sand it.

At the end of the day these are cars, not museum statues, if orange peel and 50 delivery miles are going to bother you then there the issue is with you. What's the difference between miles 10 to 50 to miles 6410 to 6450 unless you're a flipper or mothballing the car?

I-am-ready-for-your-rage.webp

Last edited:

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!

Davel518

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 Blackwing
1G6D25R61N0860127

Amazing, thank you. Not sure who's happier, me for having the car built or everyone else here for not having to listen to me whine for a bit.

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Top Bottom