Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!
  • Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!

Complete Details: Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!
  • I know that lately, we've gained a lot of new members which is awesome and a lot of those new members are coming from other forums that may use vBulletin and their Private Message (PM) system. Here, we use the XenForo forum software which is (IMHO) much better than vBulletin. The "Conversation" system here is the same as the PM system on vBulletin. So if you want to PM another member, just click their username in a post, and click on "Start Conversation". To see all of your PMs, click on your profile and go to Inbox. Hope this helps.

2022 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing Order Tracking

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Gone: 2016 CTS-V Soon: 2022 CT5-V BW
That's what I'm trying to avoid. It doesn't even seem clear which winter tires would be appropriate on the stock wheels at this point, and I'd rather not think about it until down the line.
Yep. I remember having to get the front tires from tirerack and the rears from discount tire (IIRC) as neither carried the full set. They didn't even have the V in the configurator and it came up as a recommendation "for my Panamera". Lol. Um, sure.

sethsquire

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet
Yep. I remember having to get the front tires from tirerack and the rears from discount tire (IIRC) as neither carried the full set. They didn't even have the V in the configurator and it came up as a recommendation "for my Panamera". Lol. Um, sure.
From my brief research it seems that Michael and Pirelli have appropriate winter tires for the front of the 4BW, and Bridgestone is the only company that makes the rear size... mix and match?

Option B is to just buy some aftermarket 18x9's and throw a square 255 setup on, which probably makes the most sense but is an annoying investment and then I have to store a set of tires all year.

Bryan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2016 ATS V, 2022 CT4 Blackwing
I've been holding off on possibly putting a deposit down on a 4BW because my current lease isn't up until June and I didn't want the car to land at the dealer while the weather was still cold and I might need winter tires first thing. I know no one has the answer to how long it will take if I put in an order now, but I am being stupid even thinking there's a possibility that the car would come before next spring?
I'd put the order in asap, I returned my lease in 7 months early with no penalties to get my 4BW.
Dealers need cars too sell and should take your lease off your hands no problem.

sethsquire

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet
I'd put the order in asap, I returned my lease in 7 months early with no penalties to get my 4BW.
Dealers need cars too sell and should take your lease off your hands no problem.
As of right now, it looks like I have a good amount of lease equity on my Genesis G70 (buyout is around 32.5, offered 37.5 from Vroom), but word is that Hyundai/Kia/Genesis is stopping third-party buyouts due to shortage, so if I wanted to access the equity I'd have to cut the check myself and either trade it or sell it to said third party. It's a bit of a pickle as far as timing and logistics

bernman

Hi @Rob ,

Thanks for doing the build tracking. My build number is ZXCVG8.

Based on conversations, it will be a while to get this car. I'm assuming it's at status 1100 today - hoping it moves to something by December, or else I may need to jump ship and get a BMW M5 Competition. More money, more depreciation, but still a very nice car. I drove one briefly and really loved it. Solid, smooth, powerful, good looking in and out, and very direct steering.

Still, my number one choice is that CT5-V Blackwing. The idea of a giant V8 with a supercharger and the instant throttle response is what is calling out to me. I still ride motorcycles (2017 Tuono Aprilia) and that instant throttle response of non-turbo engines is just so satisfying. Although it wasn't bad by any stretch, there was definitely turbo lag on the M5.
Thumbs up on the 2017 Tuono Aprilia. Once upon a time I rode a 2014 Aprilia RSV4 R. That throttle response put me in many eye opening situations. Ride Harleys now.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!

SIX 40

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Forever 1100 club
I'm in a similar position. I do like the M5C, and even the X5M comp, but for the reasons you list I'd prefer a CT5-V BW. The other thing that worries me about the M5C is the "hot v" design and some of the thermal issues they've had with that set up. I'd have some concerns keeping it outside the warranty period.

I do like everything about the new M3...except the front end.
@sicoo too. If you're considering an M5 as well as the Blackwing be advised that things are (almost) just as bad at BMW (and getting worse by the week it seems). I placed an order for an M5C back in July when it was really unclear if I was actually going to get a Blackwing or not. I've been at 1100 since March and I'm still unsure if they'll build me a Blackwing but that's another story lol. Anyway, BMW isn't immune to the industry wide supplier issues we're seeing either. People who already have orders in have been seeing options disappear overnight. My M5 order has already been delayed by about 8 weeks since it was supposed to go into production in August. Once it's built who knows how long it will take to actually get here. The BW remains my first choice but the M5 is no slouch either. I owned a V3 for 3 years until recently so I'm familiar with a V. It might not be bad to try something different, though. Just keeping my options open. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and they told me they have 4 more M5 orders in behind mine and no allocations. Sounds familiar!

@macky I share the same concerns about the M5 and long-term reliability. The hot V concerns me as well as repair costs in general for any European car. In my profile pic is my Volvo that I purchased new and owned for 14 years. That was actually the only time it needed a flatbed but I've also dumped more money in repairs into it than I care to admit over the years. If I didn't have a good Volvo indie shop that I trust it would have been gone long ago.

Anyway, my .02, here's hoping we all get our cars someday! Good luck, it's a jungle out there. :)

sicoo

Thumbs up on the 2017 Tuono Aprilia. Once upon a time I rode a 2014 Aprilia RSV4 R. That throttle response put me in many eye opening situations. Ride Harleys now.
I love my Tuono. 170+ horsepower and about 460 pounds, and it's the best handling bike I've ever owned. It's a hoot.

sicoo

@sicoo too. If you're considering an M5 as well as the Blackwing be advised that things are (almost) just as bad at BMW (and getting worse by the week it seems). I placed an order for an M5C back in July when it was really unclear if I was actually going to get a Blackwing or not. I've been at 1100 since March and I'm still unsure if they'll build me a Blackwing but that's another story lol. Anyway, BMW isn't immune to the industry wide supplier issues we're seeing either. People who already have orders in have been seeing options disappear overnight. My M5 order has already been delayed by about 8 weeks since it was supposed to go into production in August. Once it's built who knows how long it will take to actually get here. The BW remains my first choice but the M5 is no slouch either. I owned a V3 for 3 years until recently so I'm familiar with a V. It might not be bad to try something different, though. Just keeping my options open. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and they told me they have 4 more M5 orders in behind mine and no allocations. Sounds familiar!

@macky I share the same concerns about the M5 and long-term reliability. The hot V concerns me as well as repair costs in general for any European car. In my profile pic is my Volvo that I purchased new and owned for 14 years. That was actually the only time it needed a flatbed but I've also dumped more money in repairs into it than I care to admit over the years. If I didn't have a good Volvo indie shop that I trust it would have been gone long ago.

Anyway, my .02, here's hoping we all get our cars someday! Good luck, it's a jungle out there. :)
Oh yay! :(

Well, at least BMW is delivering cars. I'm not too worried about reliability of the hot V. BMW puts that motor in loads of their cars and since they're still making them, it's probably fine. Besides, I've owned my 2009 BMW 335i for about 7 years, and the motor has been stout, even tuned. That does NOT mean I haven't always had to fix something, but I do a lot of my own work, so I get by. The two turbos on the 335 are below the engine and above the subframe, which means if they go, it is a monstrous job to remove and replace them. At least with a hot-V config, they're sitting right on top!

I'm not going to worry about that if I buy new. It looks like I'll have to wait for whatever I order - if I get to Dec. with no movement on my CT5-V BW order, I guess I'll need to make a call then. An M5C is not a bad fallback plan!!!!

Good luck to everyone.

jph05v

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2005 CTS-V, 2022 CT5-V BW
Hi @Rob ,
I was told my order (ZMRJWT) status is at 4000 but tracker is still showing 3800. They did not give me a delivery date so I don't know if that has changed. Thanks.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
Hi @Rob ,
I was told my order (ZMRJWT) status is at 4000 but tracker is still showing 3800. They did not give me a delivery date so I don't know if that has changed. Thanks.
I haven't updated the tracker this week because production is at a stand still. I'll check them tomorrow

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
Hi @Rob ,
You're at 4D00 with a EDD of "DELAYED"

burn813

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Did blue car things last night… my blackwing, my buddies S209 STI, and a friends called civic type R… oh and a 4Runner

Attachments

• FBEFD1C8-8E1D-4835-B65C-2241D8C382CD.jpeg
    FBEFD1C8-8E1D-4835-B65C-2241D8C382CD.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Top Bottom