Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2022 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing Order Tracking

jkg

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2013 V wagon stealth blue
Not surprising but production is now delayed even longer. set to resume in early october but I am no longer willing to believe i will see my car anytime soon. for a long time, i was not angry at GM for the chip shortage, but they seem to be running SUV factories at full speed. meanwhile we are waiting month after month after month, with BS deceptive stories from GM officials. It could be worse - i could be a factory worker waiting for things to re-open - how are they surviving? i guess unemployment insurance

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
Not surprising but production is now delayed even longer. set to resume in early october but I am no longer willing to believe i will see my car anytime soon. for a long time, i was not angry at GM for the chip shortage, but they seem to be running SUV factories at full speed. meanwhile we are waiting month after month after month, with BS deceptive stories from GM officials. It could be worse - i could be a factory worker waiting for things to re-open - how are they surviving? i guess unemployment insurance
They are only running factories that produce the vehicles that are in the highest demand. SUVs are in high demand as is the Corvette.

Davel518

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 Blackwing
They are only running factories that produce the vehicles that are in the highest demand. SUVs are in high demand as is the Corvette.
Highest demand/highest margin. Which is what they should be doing. But I would think they could find some chips to at least get through the last few of the first 500 blackwings.

jdpeake

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I still can't believe the first 500 aren't built.........not right. All of those chips/parts should have been on hand one would think. End of the day it will limit overall production numbers unless they alter their 2025 all electric goal.

RupertH

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Hopeful...
Despite the massive dealer markups and despicable flipping that's already going on out there, the bottom line is GM will probably make less on the entire BW run than a single week of production on any SUV they make.

They probably have to assign most of the development cost against the marketing budget just to break even on the whole project. I'm guessing guys like Mirza make a tad more than minimum wage, and for good reason- but that soaks up the profits real quick on a short-run endeavor.

Davel518

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 Blackwing
I still can't believe the first 500 aren't built.........not right. All of those chips/parts should have been on hand one would think. End of the day it will limit overall production numbers unless they alter their 2025 all electric goal.
I'm probably just being dramatic but I'm getting worried about getting the Blackwing at all. I don't see any reason for GM not to just decide they're only doing trucks and SUVs until the shortage is over.

macky

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing/6M (patiently waiting)
I'm probably just being dramatic but I'm getting worried about getting the Blackwing at all. I don't see any reason for GM not to just decide they're only doing trucks and SUVs until the shortage is over.
Ehh I think folks who are in the game at this point will very likely see their cars, albeit much later than we'd like. I agree with @jdpeake that this will likely affect the overall production run, so I would bet if you are someone on the sidelines hoping to grab one of these cars new in a year or two it may not happen for you if the factory is still struggling with low numbers and digging through backlog of orders from many months prior.

Full disclosure: I do not work in the industry, have no inside visibility to these issues, and this is just my opinion

sicoo

Hi @Rob ,

Thanks for doing the build tracking. My build number is ZXCVG8.

Based on conversations, it will be a while to get this car. I'm assuming it's at status 1100 today - hoping it moves to something by December, or else I may need to jump ship and get a BMW M5 Competition. More money, more depreciation, but still a very nice car. I drove one briefly and really loved it. Solid, smooth, powerful, good looking in and out, and very direct steering.

Still, my number one choice is that CT5-V Blackwing. The idea of a giant V8 with a supercharger and the instant throttle response is what is calling out to me. I still ride motorcycles (2017 Tuono Aprilia) and that instant throttle response of non-turbo engines is just so satisfying. Although it wasn't bad by any stretch, there was definitely turbo lag on the M5.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!

vblkwng

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I do know there's a field full of Escalades that are built just waiting on chips down in Texas.

macky

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing/6M (patiently waiting)
Hi @Rob ,

Thanks for doing the build tracking. My build number is ZXCVG8.

Based on conversations, it will be a while to get this car. I'm assuming it's at status 1100 today - hoping it moves to something by December, or else I may need to jump ship and get a BMW M5 Competition. More money, more depreciation, but still a very nice car. I drove one briefly and really loved it. Solid, smooth, powerful, good looking in and out, and very direct steering.

Still, my number one choice is that CT5-V Blackwing. The idea of a giant V8 with a supercharger and the instant throttle response is what is calling out to me. I still ride motorcycles (2017 Tuono Aprilia) and that instant throttle response of non-turbo engines is just so satisfying. Although it wasn't bad by any stretch, there was definitely turbo lag on the M5.
I'm in a similar position. I do like the M5C, and even the X5M comp, but for the reasons you list I'd prefer a CT5-V BW. The other thing that worries me about the M5C is the "hot v" design and some of the thermal issues they've had with that set up. I'd have some concerns keeping it outside the warranty period.

I do like everything about the new M3...except the front end.

1Evil55

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Blackwing..
To the topic of the factory worker, the longer the delays the better chance of said worker to have gone and found other employment thus slowing production further. It is absolutely horrible what is happening with folks in that group.

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Gone: 2016 CTS-V Soon: 2022 CT5-V BW
New guy here coming from the other forum; thanks for doing the tracking. My number is ZSXTNP and did get an 1100 from the cadillac.com bot yesterday. I was getting a "your order has been placed but not officially accepted" before this so I don't know if this is progress or two ways of saying the same thing?

My order was in June and definitely not part of the original 250 but trying to stay patient!

CT4-V Blackwing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
New guy here coming from the other forum; thanks for doing the tracking. My number is ZSXTNP and did get an 1100 from the cadillac.com bot yesterday. I was getting a "your order has been placed but not officially accepted" before this so I don't know if this is progress or two ways of saying the same thing?

My order was in June and definitely not part of the original 250 but trying to stay patient!
That's essentially the definition of 1100.

sethsquire

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet
I've been holding off on possibly putting a deposit down on a 4BW because my current lease isn't up until June and I didn't want the car to land at the dealer while the weather was still cold and I might need winter tires first thing. I know no one has the answer to how long it will take if I put in an order now, but I am being stupid even thinking there's a possibility that the car would come before next spring?

Davel518

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 Blackwing
I've been holding off on possibly putting a deposit down on a 4BW because my current lease isn't up until June and I didn't want the car to land at the dealer while the weather was still cold and I might need winter tires first thing. I know no one has the answer to how long it will take if I put in an order now, but I am being stupid even thinking there's a possibility that the car would come before next spring?
Seems the 4s are coming faster but still feels unlikely. Although when I lived in NYC "Spring" didn't arrive until May or so.

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
That's essentially the definition of 1100.
I figured. I think the bot was probably offline and a real human just answered the question differently. I've told myself to be patient - and I have been - but all the press videos on YouTube over the past few weeks make me really really really want mine.

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
I had a similar time when I ordered my '16 V and pretty much bought winter rubber missing a season. Won't be doing that again if I can help it.

sethsquire

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet
Seems the 4s are coming faster but still feels unlikely. Although when I lived in NYC "Spring" didn't arrive until May or so.
In recent years, it appears we've done away with fall and spring altogether and only have 2 seasons. I suspect winter will start in mid-October, and summer will resume around mid-April.

sethsquire

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet
I had a similar time when I ordered my '16 V and pretty much bought winter rubber missing a season. Won't be doing that again if I can help it.
That's what I'm trying to avoid. It doesn't even seem clear which winter tires would be appropriate on the stock wheels at this point, and I'd rather not think about it until down the line.

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Top Bottom