Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2022 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing Order Tracking

vblkwng

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I had a great time going to the line rock race but it was a shame the dpi's weren't there! I'm so happy Cadillac will be continuing racing in the coming years though!
Isn't that a pretty short track?

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!

AthenaBwing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
Mine still says 8/23. Looks like all the August guys are in the and boat as the late july guys

marfan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Transport pending
10/18-12/6 as of today. I'm now to the point that I hope it gets delayed even more. Taking delivery of a brand new car in december in Chicago is just dumb.
Mine was not pushed back by nearly as much, but with these production dates, I'm wondering if Cadillac has any specific plans for the PS4S with regards to production and deliveries. The tires aren't supposed to be disturbed at all, as in moving the car or changing the tire pressure, if the temps are below 20F. Supposedly the tire compound will break down internally.

vblkwng

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Mine was not pushed back by nearly as much, but with these production dates, I'm wondering if Cadillac has any specific plans for the PS4S with regards to production and deliveries. The tires aren't supposed to be disturbed at all, as in moving the car or changing the tire pressure, if the temps are below 20F. Supposedly the tire compound will break down internally.
They explained to us yesterday that these tires are multi-compound and are not standard PS4S tires. They were specifically developed for the Blackwing, so it could be different.

marfan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Transport pending
They explained to us yesterday that these tires are multi-compound and are not standard PS4S tires. They were specifically developed for the Blackwing, so it could be different.
I know that they added R compound which probably makes it worse. I have a retail set of PS4S and the Michelin instructions are similar to this if not even more strict. From the CT5 owners manual, page 370:

"High performance summer tires have rubber compounds that lose flexibility and may develop surface cracks in the tread area at temperatures below −7 °C (20 °F). Always store high performance summer tires indoors and at temperatures above −7 °C (20 °F) when not in use. If the tires have been subjected to −7 °C (20 °F) or less, let them warm up in a heated space to at least 5 °C (40 °F) for 24 hours or more before being installed or driving a vehicle on which they are installed. Do not apply heat or blow heated air directly on the tires. Always inspect tires before use. See Tire Inspection 0 380."

Davel518

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 Blackwing
I know that they added R compound which probably makes it worse. I have a retail set of PS4S and the Michelin instructions are similar to this if not even more strict. From the CT5 owners manual, page 370:

"High performance summer tires have rubber compounds that lose flexibility and may develop surface cracks in the tread area at temperatures below −7 °C (20 °F). Always store high performance summer tires indoors and at temperatures above −7 °C (20 °F) when not in use. If the tires have been subjected to −7 °C (20 °F) or less, let them warm up in a heated space to at least 5 °C (40 °F) for 24 hours or more before being installed or driving a vehicle on which they are installed. Do not apply heat or blow heated air directly on the tires. Always inspect tires before use. See Tire Inspection 0 380."
This is a bit scary since some will very likely encounter these temperatures in michigan/midwest during transport. Perhaps the closed carriers will actually happen.

jdpeake

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
So you’re telling me i have to heat my garage all winter while she waits for spring or risk damaging the tires?

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Top Bottom