Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2022 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing Order Tracking

mkrup

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I don’t think that is a very hard problem to overcome
Yeah, pretty sure you could accomplish it with passive RFID on the cars and scanners at key points (e.g. distribution yards, trucks, etc.). Seems like there are two big issues with the current system: data sharing across disparate systems, and inconsistent manual data entry. Just have to automate the checkpoints and aggregate the data.

vblkwng

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Yes…. I have been part of the 7/19 early builds were the car has just been sitting , moving dates, and delays.
and again… only a Carbon 1 packaged car.
So…. the train has left… its just a slow train.
My car was built on the 12th of July....my car is still in Toledo...collecting rain and dust. I have had delivery dates change 3 times, next Tuesday will likely be my 4th time it will change pushing it back another 7 days.

burn813

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Yeah, pretty sure you could accomplish it with passive RFID on the cars and scanners at key points (e.g. distribution yards, trucks, etc.). Seems like there are two big issues with the current system: data sharing across disparate systems, and inconsistent manual data entry. Just have to automate the checkpoints and aggregate the data.
Exactly…. Other companies have been able to make this very effective, I know my company has done passive work for both private and public sector

ajamils

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-BW
Sorry for the frustration but team is hearing you and things are moving faster. Happy to see some amazing car pics on forum!!
I'll take your word for it because so far it's been nothing but frustration. Worse is not about getting the car it's about not getting any update from even knowing why the car is sitting at a yard for weeks.

DustinEarnhardt

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I mean, look... I get that those of us with built cars are chomping at the bit to get them delivered into our greedy little paws, but let's not forget that we're all a bunch of internet nerds with access to way more data than we should have.

Logistics, and especially post-pandemic (a phrase I'm hesitant to use given the current Delta variant revenge) logistics has been decimated over the past 18 months. The confounding data that is being exhaustively deliberated comes from raw dumps of system information; not a personal concierge looking after each individual vehicle.

Quite frankly, the fact that Cadillac was able to execute and build these cars (at all) with the current supply chain challenges is a testament to how much they wanted them in the hands of enthusiasts.

Don't get me wrong, I want mine just as much as you do, and I'm fully prepared for my car to enter the Sarlacc pit of whatever yard they're sitting in. But whatever perceived variance we see in between 3400 vs Bayed vs 4D00 vs 1100 vs "uhhh, I fink we bilt dat one wit five wheels" (that last quote is the Cadillac virtual assistant) is honestly still way more information than we're entitled to.

@Rob , thanks for putting up with our sh*t. Granted you throw a bunch of us for curve balls in so many unsuspecting ways, but if it weren't for you , we wouldn't even be in the game.

Waiting sucks. Like a ton of you, I've also been waiting for this car since late 2019. An extra 2wks when I've been salivating for nearly 100wks is relatively trivial.

When mine eventually shows up, I'm still going to drive the hell out of it in precisely the same way I would if I'd gotten it a couple days earlier.

SSEEYA

Seasoned Member
I mean, look... I get that those of us with built cars are chomping at the bit to get them delivered into our greedy little paws, but let's not forget that we're all a bunch of internet nerds with access to way more data than we should have.

Logistics, and especially post-pandemic (a phrase I'm hesitant to use given the current Delta variant revenge) logistics has been decimated over the past 18 months. The confounding data that is being exhaustively deliberated comes from raw dumps of system information; not a personal concierge looking after each individual vehicle.

Quite frankly, the fact that Cadillac was able to execute and build these cars (at all) with the current supply chain challenges is a testament to how much they wanted them in the hands of enthusiasts.

Don't get me wrong, I want mine just as much as you do, and I'm fully prepared for my car to enter the Sarlacc pit of whatever yard they're sitting in. But whatever perceived variance we see in between 3400 vs Bayed vs 4D00 vs 1100 vs "uhhh, I fink we bilt dat one wit five wheels" (that last quote is the Cadillac virtual assistant) is honestly still way more information than we're entitled to.

@Rob , thanks for putting up with our sh*t. Granted you throw a bunch of us for curve balls in so many unsuspecting ways, but if it weren't for you , we wouldn't even be in the game.

Waiting sucks. Like a ton of you, I've also been waiting for this car since late 2019. An extra 2wks when I've been salivating for nearly 100wks is relatively trivial.

When mine eventually shows up, I'm still going to drive the hell out of it in precisely the same way I would if I'd gotten it a couple days earlier.
I fully appreciate this. And for sure those of us that have been waiting since the very rumor of this car started can wait another few weeks and will still love the hell out of the car.

The frustration comes only from the lack of transparency. Many of us have turned to looking at random data points and theories because the information we get from the official communication chain (dealers and advisor) is so inconsistent. The dealership should be able to accurately share what is happening, when, and why. We all know that if GM had a supply issues no matter how big or small the component, they would be on the phone with their supplier twice a day to understand exactly why there is a delay and what the supplier is doing about it. Suppliers would be expediting freight, sending tracking info down to the minute, and answering a million questions about why. Well in this case GM is the supplier and the dealerships are only told that it is being worked on.

It can be argued that we are not in a delay situation because there was no committed delivery date when we ordered the car. However in today's world with the technology that exists, there is no reason that a dealer should not be able to expect accurate and consistent information on things like a delivery date. And if that data changes, a simple explanation of why. GM would never allow their suppliers to ever answer with "Just be patient. You will get it when you get it."

BrakeFade

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Blackwing on Order

Not to mention the supply chain issues every auto manufacturer is having. It’s not just GM. Also, it’s not limited to the auto industry. I had to wait 2 months for my kitchen cabinets to get finished due to delays in the wooden rope corner molding. Weird times for everyone.

PMD CT4

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
ATS-V, CT4-V Blackwing
Seriously, it could be worse. We could have ordered Broncos with hardtop over a year ago..... That rollout is truly a Goat Rodeo. Now, all of the Broncos that have been delivered with hardtops are getting their tops replaced. And ones that have ordered hard tops and haven't been built yet are going to be waiting for MONTHS with no known build date in sight.

Semper fi 21

Seasoned Member
Let me clarify trunk parts.

all cars have front brake deflectors installed at plant. All. The non carbon brakes (iron brakes on both cars) come with free REAR brake deflectors in the trunk for every car. Read the owners manaul, not required for track unless your local track and ambients are significant and you notice you need more rear cooling. For them to work you have to take the rear rotor shields off.

the shields behind the front tire that mount to the fender are part of PDI (deaer installed), every car needs them for gravel protection. They are not carbon for obvious reasons.

Sorry for the frustration but team is hearing you and things are moving faster. Happy to see some amazing car pics on forum!!
Good morning I was wondering if you heard if there has been difficulties getting the carbon stage 2 package for the ct5-v bw.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
All orders have been checked and updated accordingly.

BWCT4

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Let me clarify trunk parts.

all cars have front brake deflectors installed at plant. All. The non carbon brakes (iron brakes on both cars) come with free REAR brake deflectors in the trunk for every car. Read the owners manaul, not required for track unless your local track and ambients are significant and you notice you need more rear cooling. For them to work you have to take the rear rotor shields off.

the shields behind the front tire that mount to the fender are part of PDI (deaer installed), every car needs them for gravel protection. They are not carbon for obvious reasons.

Mirza, thanks for all your help. I’m attaching a photo of the parts in the trunk. There is one bag tagged front brake deflectors. Luckily the rock guards are also in it. Instructions for installing the rock guards are not in it. There were no rear brake deflectors. Instructions for the front deflectors were
0E2466EE-062A-4C02-926B-D649A6A55C73.jpeg
911C9118-C4B0-4CC7-9D1D-168ED1A73D8A.jpeg
included.

CT4-V Blackwing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Mirza, thanks for all your help. I’m attaching a photo of the parts in the trunk. There is one bag tagged front brake deflectors. Luckily the rock guards are also in it. Instructions for installing the rock guards are not in it. There were no rear brake deflectors. Instructions for the front deflectors were View attachment 4021View attachment 4022included.
Isn't the installation of those components a part of the PDI?

jwolf99

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Seriously, it could be worse. We could have ordered Broncos with hardtop over a year ago..... That rollout is truly a Goat Rodeo. Now, all of the Broncos that have been delivered with hardtops are getting their tops replaced. And ones that have ordered hard tops and haven't been built yet are going to be waiting for MONTHS with no known build date in sight.
And then there are those Broncos that are built but not yet in customers hands. Witness the Bronco storage yard of death.

Ford Broncos by the thousands caught on camera parked at Michigan plant

jwolf99

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
And let's not forget to extend a big thank you to Jeff Bezoz for causing our angst over the lack of knowing precisely where our cars are currently located. Because right now I can tell you that my new sweatpants are less than 10 stops away from delivery to my house. 😂

sandstrs

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2018 CTS-V (sold), 2022 CT5-V Blackwing #34
I am sure Cadillac does have a way to track these cars, but for some reason may not make the access available for customers. How else could the virtual assistant know that one day, my car was loaded on a train in Toledo Ohio and the next day tell me it was traveling through Kentucky on that train? They track their shipments like any other manufacturer would.

CT4-V Blackwing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
And let's not forget to extend a big thank you to Jeff Bezoz for causing our angst over the lack of knowing precisely where our cars are currently located. Because right now I can tell you that my new sweatpants are less than 10 stops away from delivery to my house. 😂
Now that's a company that knows Logistics!

CT4-V Blackwing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I am sure Cadillac does have a way to track these cars, but for some reason may not make the access available for customers. How else could the virtual assistant know that one day, my car was loaded on a train in Toledo Ohio and the next day tell me it was traveling through Kentucky on that train? They track their shipments like any other manufacturer would.
OnStar!

Drozboyz

Seasoned Member
My tpw moved out a month … first one i received 10/25 , then went to 10/11 , then went to 9/13 and this morning back to 10/11 Below is how i feel gm is doing things….

Attachments

• 1466085F-5180-47E7-A8CD-D6D8F72B9073.jpeg
    1466085F-5180-47E7-A8CD-D6D8F72B9073.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 17

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Top Bottom