Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2022 Blackwing Model Year is Not Sold Out

I just emailed my local dealer and got this reply:

Unfortunately the CT5 factory is closed for new orders at this moment and won't be taking new orders until around may. If you would like to build one out and send over your build, we can hold onto it until then. At that time would would ask for a build deposit and place the order.

So, not currently taking orders? Or, should I find a different dealer?

I just emailed my local dealer and got this reply:

Unfortunately the CT5 factory is closed for new orders at this moment and won't be taking new orders until around may. If you would like to build one out and send over your build, we can hold onto it until then. At that time would would ask for a build deposit and place the order.

So, not currently taking orders? Or, should I find a different dealer?
Sigh...the factory being closed has nothing to do with GM accepting or not accepting orders.

Dealers CAN configure builds in GM's Order Work Bench System.

Dealers CAN submit a preliminary order into the system where it will remain sitting at status code 1100 until allocation is given to that dealer and that dealer can match your order to allocation where it will advance to status code 2000.

Now...if you choose to go with this dealer:

Find out if they're charging ONLY MSRP, or over MSRP. If they don't want to commit to an answer and you don't want to pay whatever additional profit they decide to tack on to your order at the time of delivery - WALK AWAY. If they agree on you paying ONLY MSRP (with the exception of doc fees, registration and title fees, etc.), great! Have them do up a build, submit the order, GET an order number from them, and have them fill out and SIGN a Purchase and Sales agreement stating that your deposit becomes non-refundable once your order is placed with allocation and accepted by GM (up until that point, you should have the option of cancelling your order and getting your deposit back.), and you will only be charged MSRP, whatever their doc/admin fee may be and whatever your registration and title fees/taxes will be. If they don't want to do that - WALK AWAY.

Do not just have them do a built, submit the order, give them a deposit, shake their hand, and walk out the door with no documentation in your hand.

Actually....based upon their response you quoted in your post from them - I'd walk away and find another dealer that knows what the hell they're doing...just my two cents...

Last edited:
Sigh...the factory being closed has nothing to do with GM accepting or not accepting orders.

Dealers CAN do configure builds in GM's Order Work Bench System.

Dealers CAN submit a preliminary order into the system where it will remain sitting at status code 1100 until allocation is given to that dealer and that dealer can match your order to allocation where it will advance to status code 2000.

Now...if you choose to go with this dealer:

Find out if they're charging ONLY MSRP, or over MSRP. If they don't want to commit to an answer and you don't want to pay additional profit they decide to tack on to your order at the time of delivery - WALK AWAY. If they agree on you paying ONLY MSRP (with the exception of doc fees, registration and title fees, etc.), great! Have them do up a build, submit the order, GET an order number from them, and have them fill out and and SIGN a Purchase and Sales agreement stating that your deposit becomes non-refundable once your order is placed with allocation and accepted by GM (up until that point, you should have the option of cancelling your order and getting your deposit back.), and you will only be charged MSRP, whatever their doc/admin fee may be and whatever your registration and title fees/taxes will be. If they don't want to do that - WALK AWAY.

Do not just have them do a built, submit the order, give them a deposit, shake their hand, and walk out the door with no documentation in your hand.

Actually....based upon their response you quoted in your post from them - I'd walk away and find another dealer that knows what the hell they're doing...just my two cents...
Noted, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have them do up a build, submit the order, GET an order number from them, and have them fill out and SIGN a Purchase and Sales agreement stating that your deposit becomes non-refundable once your order is placed with allocation and accepted by GM (up until that point, you should have the option of cancelling your order and getting your deposit back.), and you will only be charged MSRP, whatever their doc/admin fee may be and whatever your registration and title fees/taxes will be.
Hi Rob - We're on the CT5-V BW WAIT LIST and did everything up to and including "GET an order number from them" prior to the first March 12th "cutoff" date. The Dealer never asked for a Deposit. They assured us that we are #1 on their Dealer's Wait List for a CT5-V BW. They said they had one other customer who has a CT4-V BW reservation. The Build Spec we submitted to them included the MSRP pricing for every option (based on data we got from this Forum and the Dealer) and the email we wrote and sent stated we were paying MSRP plus taxes, title and doc fee.

We did not get from them a signed "Purchase and Sales Agreement" document.

Is that something the Dealer should provide or do we need to draw up something ourselves?

If the Dealer is supposed to provide that document, what are the "magic words" in GM/Cadillac sales-speak that we should use in order to get the correct document from them? :)

We have been doing this all remotely so far - do we need to plan a trip to the Dealer to get this document in person or can they do it over the phone and email?

Thanks for your suggestions and advice!

Hi Rob - We're on the CT5-V BW WAIT LIST and did everything up to and including "GET an order number from them" prior to the first March 12th "cutoff" date. The Dealer never asked for a Deposit. They assured us that we are #1 on their Dealer's Wait List for a CT5-V BW. They said they had one other customer who has a CT4-V BW reservation. The Build Spec we submitted to them included the MSRP pricing for every option (based on data we got from this Forum and the Dealer) and the email we wrote and sent stated we were paying MSRP plus taxes, title and doc fee.

We did not get from them a signed "Purchase and Sales Agreement" document.

Is that something the Dealer should provide or do we need to draw up something ourselves?

If the Dealer is supposed to provide that document, what are the "magic words" in GM/Cadillac sales-speak that we should use in order to get the correct document from them? :)

We have been doing this all remotely so far - do we need to plan a trip to the Dealer to get this document in person or can they do it over the phone and email?

Thanks for your suggestions and advice!
They don't have to provide that upon initial order - it was just my suggestion in order to get some kind of documentation. If you have an email from them stating the terms that you agreed upon, that should be fine.

I get the excitement around these cars but there is a wait list. There is no way they won't build more cars. Not sure how many more but it's in their financial interest to. Keep checking in with your dealer.....they will know something at some point. In the meantime I will check with my dealer. I think he has an inside scoop on things. Will post what I find out this coming week.

I get the excitement around these cars but there is a wait list. There is no way they won't build more cars. Not sure how many more but it's in their financial interest to. Keep checking in with your dealer.....they will know something at some point. In the meantime I will check with my dealer. I think he has an inside scoop on things. Will post what I find out this coming week.

This who 250 limited rollout is stupid and a clear attempt to drive interest in the car. They will build as many cars as the market will demand. They are in the business of making money, and GM (a company that filed for bankruptcy not long ago) is not about to turn away people with cash in hand. After the initial 250, you will likely see a few pay over sticker, then several months at sticker, and then eventually we'll see discounts. The Blackwing is a nice car, but it's not radically different than the CTS-V3 that proceeded it (manual transmission changes things a bit, I know)..... but I had two respective offers at 20k and 17k off two different brand new V3s at different times.

Last edited:
This who 250 limited rollout is stupid and a clear attempt to drive interest in the car. They will build as many cars as the market will demand. They are in the business of making money, and GM (a company that filed for bankruptcy not long ago) is not about to turn away people with cash in hand. After the initial 250, you will likely see a few pay over sticker, then several months at sticker, and then eventually we'll see discounts. The Blackwing is a nice car, but it's not radically different than the CTS-V3 that proceeded it (manual transmission changes things a bit, I know)..... but I had two respective offers at 20k and 17k off two different brand new V3s at different times.
The 250 is definitely marketing, but I prefer that to them arbitrarily limiting production. I just hope they market it properly and have it sell well, rather than having a bunch sitting at dealerships not being sold and then prematurely canceling them.

I’d argue that discounting them 17k - 20k means that they built more cars than the market demanded. 🤷🏻‍♂️

from everything I had read and insiders the talk is limited production and I hope that this is the case...I think this is Cadillac's last big performance car because of the push for EV..I could be wrong but I hope not!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back